Need more evidence that Melbourne are tanking?

FB: B.Holland, R.Ferguson, J.Frawley

HB: D.Bell, B.Miller, C.Bruce

C: B.Green, J.McDonald, P.Wheatley

HF: N.Brown, R.Robertson, S.Godfrey

FF: C.Sylvia, D.Neitz, M.Bate,

Foll: J.White, B.McLean, N.Jones

Int: B.Moloney, S.Buckley, M.Newton, D.Ward, M.Jamar, L.Dunn, C.Garland

In: C.Bruce, D.Bell, B.Holland, R.Ferguson, M.Jamar, L.Dunn, C.Garland

Out: C.Bizzell, N.Carroll, P.Johnson, C.Johnson (all omitted)

Source: Demonology

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Has there ever been 2 worse lines on a football field?

2) Bruce and Bell are no-brainers. Holland, Ferg and Jamar are playing for their MFC careers (i dont agree with the holland selection tho) as at the current time basically all 3 at this stage wont be here next year, and Dunn and Garland wont play, but still some very strange 'ins'

3) What the **** did PJ do wrong?

HB: D.Bell, B.Miller, C.Bruce

C: B.Green, J.McDonald, P.Wheatley

FF: C.Sylvia, D.Neitz, M.Bate,

Foll: J.White, B.McLean, N.Jones

Int: B.Moloney, S.Buckley, M.Newton, D.Ward, M.Jamar, L.Dunn, C.Garland

Source: Demonology

Is this for real?!?!

If so... that is DISGRACEFUL

I don't think he did anything wrong.

well then play one less useless tall defender and play him at CHB, see if he can offer anything in that position, or see if white can be true CHF or FF. giving him a rest at TBO is not exactly going to do much for his confidence.

Clearly Bizzell is gone at the end of the year if Riley has anything to say about it.

Ecstatic about that half forward line too. Brown, Robertson and Godfrey - building for the future...

Riley has 2 ways to go when he came into the job

1) play youth no matter what and try to develop them for next season

2) play a mixture of youth and experience, giving every player a chance to show why they deserve to be on the list next season.

clearly, riley has chosen (2). It farkin pisses me off.

i dont mind giving guys like Miller 9 weeks to show his worth as a key defender, or Jamar given another go as 2nd ruckman, BUT HONESTLY, BROWN, WARD AND FERGUSON ARENT GOING TO BE ON THE LIST NEXT SEASON AND THEY ARENT TRADABLE!!! SO WHY PLAY THEM???!!!

looks like Dunn and Buckley might not get picked this week. if that occurs, then riley is a selfish man! Them playing seniors will hlp their development for the future and will help the MFC. he must not be coach next season

well then play one less useless tall defender and play him at CHB, see if he can offer anything in that position, or see if white can be true CHF or FF. giving him a rest at TBO is not exactly going to do much for his confidence.

I don't agree with what they did.

That's the only reason I can think of as to why they would drop PJ.

Holland and Ferguson straight into the starting 18? You've got to be kidding...

Hopefully Ward gets the arse this week at the very least, being on the extended bench.

And what did PJ do wrong???!!!

His omission REALLY really bugs me...

How is the guy supposed to impose himself on a game, or even improve at AFL level, when he only gets less than 50% game time each week, playing #2 to a 30-year-old who is past his best?

8 disposals and 10 hitouts against the roo's from half a match is still a bigger return than what we can expect from Jamar given 75% game time.

I'm really [censored] off about this selection

Any chance Riley had for the job next year, IMO, is shot. And good riddance i say.

They dropped our FB, and he didn't even have a bad game.... Ahahahahaha!

CJ and Bizzell look to have played their last games in red & blue.

And they're clearly shopping Jamar around, by displaying his superb athleticism for all to see.

These changes are tankilicious... now bring on those draft picks! ;)

P.S.- WORST.HALF-FORWARD LINE.EVER!

They dropped our FB, and he didn't even have a bad game.... Ahahahahaha!

CJ and Bizzell look to have played their last games in red & blue.

And they're clearly shopping Jamar around, by displaying his superb athleticism for all to see.

These changes are tankilicious... now bring on those draft picks! ;)

P.S.- WORST.HALF-FORWARD LINE.EVER!

on a positive note, our team against Carlton in round 22 should look something like this...maybe Riley is getting ready.

this side is the most obvious sign on a coach tanking that i've seen.

dropping carrol to try Ferguson (who is 100% not going to be on our list next season)! lol

Trying to make sense of these selections is tough...

Holland and Tredrea to match up in what will be a battle between two of the slowest movers in the game!

Ferguson and Westhoff in what will be a battle of the boys who need to eat something!

Jamar being played to maybe interest the Crows in making a bad trade?!!?!

I don't think i've ever been more disinterested in a game involving the MFC, as i am about this weekend's game after seeing that team sheet. I've had enough.

AHHHH, so [censored] off.

Any bet Dunn, Buckley and Garland are the 3 to miss out on final selection. Would not surprise me at all now.

F*** this...

If so... that is DISGRACEFUL

Look, you either pick the best available team each week, or you treat the rest of the year like a pre-season and assess the players by giving them all a go ... in some cases a last chance to prove any value they have at all.

I favour the latter. This is not the time for the usual whingeing about who is selected and who isn't ... it's a time to prepare for next year.

Bizzell will be back.

Yeah, he'll be back to replace Brock McLean in the centre in Round 22 :lol:

I'll tell you what's a disgrace, this so called 'youth policy'. When we drop CJ and Carroll in favour of a 26 year old who will never cut it, it just stinks of losing attitude.

And if you really want to give Jamar another go, why not give White a bit of a rest, it's not as if he's helping us win!

Why don't we just take up an ad in the paper to notify all Australians that we are officially tanking? Better yet, why don't we just not turn up in Adelaide, and pretend we forgot we had a game on.

Jamar is the worst fkn player in the history of this club, closely followed by Miller. To see them both in a Melbourne team makes me want to vomit. I hate this club sometimes.

What a pitiful youth policy, dropping PJ and CJ yet keeping Brown and Holland in. JESUS F'ING CHRIST.

Look, you either pick the best available team each week, or you treat the rest of the year like a pre-season and assess the players by giving them all a go ... in some cases a last chance to prove any value they have at all.

I favour the latter. This is not the time for the usual whingeing about who is selected and who isn't ... it's a time to prepare for next year.

Should have dropped White to allow Jamar to play then.

Hell, we've omitted our FB, why not our number one ruckman?

I couldn't care less whether we win or lose (in fact, I rather we lose), I don't even care who plays, but I don't know how Riley could go up to PJ, CJ and especially Carroll and look them in the eye while telling them they've been dropped. Meantime, Brown is still getting a game.

We must be really desperate for Kreuzer.

Im glad Ferg is getting another go. i reakon he will surprise a few. and i would rather keep him on the list over some older half back flankers, or is that half forward flanker now? what the hell is up with that?