Who do we have?

I look around the league and running and bouncing out of defence, and delivering with effeciency, i see the likes of Gilbee, Malceski, Mcleod and Gram.

Who do we have? Daniel Ward

I look around the league and tagging of other teams prolific ball winners, and also hurting them the other way, i see the likes of Ling, Sewell, Kirk and Rawlings.

Who do we have? Simon Godfrey

I look around the league and taking on the dangerous full fowards of the league and winning more often than not, i see the likes of Rutten, Glass, Firritto and Scarlett.

Who do we have? Nathan Carroll

I look around the league and getting tap outs to advantage in the rucks and giving their teams first use of the ball, i see the likes of Cox, Mcintosh, Lade and Taylor/Campbell.

Who do we have? Jeff White

I look around the league and imposing themselves on games and not allowing their teams to slip into mediocrity, i see stars and leaders the likes of Hodge, Reiwoldt, Brown, Cornes, Judd, Harvey.

Who do we have? I am not sure

Yes a sobering thought, though Godfrey in particular has had some good games this year. We don't have many.......heck any? elite players at all. Not one spinal position held down by a 'power' player. This means no premiership until this changes.

it's a depressing, but very accurate observation.

we have not one truely elite player. we might be the only team in the afl that dont have 1 player in the top 40 players in the afl. it's just such a bummer than Johnstone, green and bruce havent pushed on to become champions that they promised they could be.

we also only have 1 key position player who can really impose himself and his strong body onto a game and he's our 32yrold captain whos close to retirement.

we seriously just need to get some bloody high draft picks and do a hawthorn. hawthorn now have roughead,franklin,thorp and dowler as massive bodies with huge potential and all were top 7 picks. how jealous am i....

At present not a lot.... Crickey we've only won three games.... but where were Hawthorn, Geelong and the Kangaroos this time last year... let's project forward.... let's begin our preseason in October a la Dean Laidley and have fully fit list to choose from.

I look around the league and running and bouncing out of defence, and delivering with effeciency,

Who do we have? Ricky Pettard and Daniel Bell

I look around the league and tagging of other teams prolific ball winners, and also hurting them the other way, i see the likes of Ling, Sewell, Kirk and Rawlings.

Who do we have? ??? Yes I agree problems... we need to develop someone - I've been arguing for Belly, but we are going to have to manufacture someone... someone that in preference can win enough of their own ball anyway - Jones?

I look around the league and taking on the dangerous full fowards of the league and winning more often than not, i see the likes of Rutten, Glass, Firritto and Scarlett.

Who do we have? Nathan Carroll is a good third tall - Frawley is developing and Rivers is all class - Miller won't command a decent trade and needs to be persevered with as a key back.

I look around the league and getting tap outs to advantage in the rucks and giving their teams first use of the ball, i see the likes of Cox, Mcintosh, Lade and Taylor/Campbell.

Who do we have? Jeff White - still solid.... the problem is who next - PJ is OK, but not a fulltime replacement - Charman would be the answer.

I look around the league and imposing themselves on games and not allowing their teams to slip into mediocrity, i see stars and leaders the likes of Hodge, Reiwoldt, Brown, Cornes, Judd, Harvey.

Who do we have? I'll nominate three players here - McLean, Bate and Jones all exude leadership -they are all still babes, and we will be able to supplement them with a couple of other very good players come the draft - but if we can't get anymore out of some of our 23-28 y.o. then we need to trade.

Who do we have? Jeff White - still solid.... the problem is who next - PJ is OK, but not a fulltime replacement - Charman would be the answer.

Robert Warnock would seemingly come at much lesser price. Sure he's young, but with time he should develop into our no.1 ruckman (should we get him). PJ would be more than acceptable as a back up ruckman, and Neaves could do some pinch hitting, from time to time.

It's easy to pick holes in the list when things aren't going well.

Let's face it.....Geelong last year we would have canned their ruckmen.......King...aging dud, Ottens....was doing nothing........Blake......who????

Ling.......too slow, not damaging enough.

When the whole team is up an firing, and playing with purpose and direction, it's a different kettle of fish.

I'm not saying we don't have deficiencies......we do........but they look a hell of a lot worse when we get a belting, and play unaccountable sloppy football, and the team is going through the motions.

The challenge for all the players next year is to take the next step in their careers and development........if they can't, move them on.

Who do we have? ??? Yes I agree problems... we need to develop someone - I've been arguing for Belly, but we are going to have to manufacture someone... someone that in preference can win enough of their own ball anyway - Jones?

Clint Bartram.

Bartram in his first season played on the likes of Ablett, Chapman, McGrath, Bell, etc. He showed a willingness to run and also be an option when required.

He has been a huge loss this year.

I think yesterday also highlighted flash's worth to this club!! no-one to crumb the ball at all yesterday and they moved it to freely out of defence because there was no pressure from our forwards - neitz and robbo were not fit!

It's easy to pick holes in the list when things aren't going well.

Let's face it.....Geelong last year we would have canned their ruckmen.......King...aging dud, Ottens....was doing nothing........Blake......who????

Ling.......too slow, not damaging enough.

When the whole team is up an firing, and playing with purpose and direction, it's a different kettle of fish.

I'm not saying we don't have deficiencies......we do........but they look a hell of a lot worse when we get a belting, and play unaccountable sloppy football, and the team is going through the motions.

The challenge for all the players next year is to take the next step in their careers and development........if they can't, move them on.

Well said. Geelong were a joke last year and there's not an awful lot that's different about them this year other than Joel Selwood (awesome player, but still... not the sole reason for their turn around).

They got into their pre-season early, didn't start that well, but now seem unbeatable. And all players are playing like they can't be beaten, that belief goes a hell of a long way and luck with injuries does too. Take a few KPP players out of the cats line up in a Mooney or an Ablett and maybe things wouldn't be going so smoothly. In saying that tho, Scarlett was missing Fri and they didn't look like they missed him, their defece is rock solid.

The cats gave their coach and several of their players another crack and it's paid dividends.

We'll start our pre-season early, hopefully get some good recruits and get key players bk, so there's no reason why we can't have a turn in form next year.

Will be close to AA this year. I'd have him in pinch.

I was thinking Clint Bartram also for the tagging role.

I would too.......I was just making the point that when the Cats weren't travelling that well last year, Ling was too slow, and wasn't effective, but this year he is back and in AA contention.

It's amazing what 12 months can do!

Here is a thought.

If we are short a crumber do we go after Jeff Farmer? Its 50-50 whether he remains at Fremantle.

We all know he can play.

definitely not worth the risk. what is farmer now? 30, he ain't got much left in him.

ha, because hodge has never let his team slip into mediocrity, never given away frees and 50s in a quarter they lost by 7 goals. inspirational leader...

Its not so doom and gloom, Whelan comes back he does set up a little of drive, Bell wil be our 5th or 6th defender. We have Bartram as a tagger, Rivers to come back into our defense.

I see two areas that needs to be addressed, a skillful midfielder that gets the footy has the acceleration to break through packs and carry, I have posted many times all our midfielders are one pace and don't have powerful bursts to break away from a pack our chasers. They a good hard workers but we need someone exciting with acceleration to be introduced to complement Jones, Mclean, Sylvia, Bruce, McDonald, Moloney.

And a good tap ruckman, White just doesn't put the ball to our players, lets get Warnock he was good on Saturday give up our second round pick for him.

lets get Warnock he was good on Saturday give up our second round pick for him.

He's gonna cost more than that.

I don't know how many picks the MFC will want to make in the draft, but if we are to successfully "re-build", then i reckon our 1st round pick, if we get another 1st round pick through trade, and if we get a priority pick, all 3 should not be traded away. Ife we weren't to get a priority pick, then i believe we would need to keep our second rounder.

i do agree though drake, that we should be trying to get Warnock.

Hopefully we might be able to trade some players for picks during trade week, but i doubt we will go on a trading spree, especially given the much publicised lack of depth in this year's draft compared to others.

CAC will definately have his hands full come trade week. Although many criticise the length of trade week (i am one of them), it looks like CAC will need as much time as possible, to get the best out of trade week for the MFC

Will be close to AA this year. I'd have him in pinch.

I was thinking Clint Bartram also for the tagging role.

someone who finds faults as easy as u rhino , u must realise lings kicks are all up and under hacks from a pack.... he may make AA but deff not worthy.

someone who finds faults as easy as u rhino , u must realise lings kicks are all up and under hacks from a pack.... he may make AA but deff not worthy.

There's a saying about people in glasshouses....

I guess his goal on the run from the boundary line about 45 metres out was up and under wasnt it? :rolleyes:

I look around the league and running and bouncing out of defence, and delivering with effeciency, i see the likes of Gilbee, Malceski, Mcleod and Gram.

Who do we have? Daniel Ward

Who do we have? Simon Godfrey

Who do we have? Nathan Carroll

Who do we have? Jeff White

Who do we have? I am not sure

You mention Sewell...a player who was unknown till this year. Spent 3 years as a rookie. Godders has improved a lot this year and is worthy of getting another contract. We also need to look at bartram who could be a future tagger.

Firritto is cr**. Seriously garbage. Im supprised you didnt mention Dustin Fletcher. Carroll is not a FB i agree. But i do see the value in keeping him. Placing him in the back pocket in future to look after the 2nd best forward for the oposing team.

You bag jeff white and yet praise Taylor and Campbell however you dont see Sandilands, Everet etc. McIntosh was another unknown till this year. I cannot believe you are bagging jeff white, who has handled the ruck by himself for many years at melbourne, with 3 outstanding years especially. He doesent have great height and the new centre circle stuffed that up, but he makes up for it around the ground being the highest possession and disposal getter in any ruckman.

The last stack of players are champions...no doubt. But we are relitivly young. Nathen Jones will be a great player as will McLean. Frawley and pettard have shown a tremendious amount of development and Rivers in there too, but out due to injury.

There is no doubt that we are a team with few champions. But we have made the finals for many years and at the end of the day, we have shown that we can make finals. Yes we have blundered at the worst time, but names like Cox, Judd, Cournes wont guarantee a win, its up to the 22 players and we have been able to win in the past.

We are a number of years off it and my believe is to tank as said previous posts. 1 x FB, 4 quickish x midfielders, 1 x Ruckman, 1 x CHF, 2 x Backman is what is needed. This will certainly take at least 3 probobly 4 years to develop KPP. A superstar will come our way, but in no way will that guarantee us wins.

i do agree though drake, that we should be trying to get Warnock.

Warnock hmmm i would prefer we get Kruizer personally.