• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Tough Decision

deanox

I for one advocate that no votes be awarded for this round, or at least that the 6-1 doesn't have to be followed and that we can give only a few votes to one or two players.

If I had to vote 6-1 it would be:

6 Jeff White - won the hit outs and the ruck. got quite a few touches. took a nice mark. if we had of performed around the ground he wouldve looked good. 27 hit outs 19 disposals.

5 Simon Godfrey - got 18 touches. worked hard all day. got lots of it was stiff at times. his kicking isnt great, but its not his job to be skillful.

4 Nathan Jones (endeavour) - didn't have heaps of it, but was at the bottom of packs trying to force his way through and was trying his hardest. i thought he could hold his head up high given his limited experience and the way those around him played.

3 Ben Holland - terrible first half, not the man for richo (wheres big al when you need him :)) looked alright in the second half. he kicked three goals one, got 10 touches, 5 marks. davey was the only other to kick more than one.

2 Daniel Bell - got 21 touches, our leading possie getter and 11 marks. again worked tirelessly. how many goals did he have kicked on him? 5 tackles. wasnt his best day but 21 touches is a good day for a defender, and they werent loose touches like bowdens.

1 Brad Green 20 touches. thats all. he just went. did nothing special but he got a bit of it. i spose you could give it to bate or wheatley or bruce. none of them really deserve it, but i picked green.

If I could award what I wanted to award:

4: White

2: Godfrey

1: Jones

and i would ignore the others.

I for one advocate that no votes be awarded for this round, or at least that the 6-1 doesn't have to be followed and that we can give only a few votes to one or two players.

If I had to vote 6-1 it would be:

6 Jeff White - won the hit outs and the ruck. got quite a few touches. took a nice mark. if we had of performed around the ground he wouldve looked good. 27 hit outs 19 disposals.

5 Simon Godfrey - got 18 touches. worked hard all day. got lots of it was stiff at times. his kicking isnt great, but its not his job to be skillful.

4 Nathan Jones (endeavour) - didn't have heaps of it, but was at the bottom of packs trying to force his way through and was trying his hardest. i thought he could hold his head up high given his limited experience and the way those around him played.

3 Ben Holland - terrible first half, not the man for richo (wheres big al when you need him :)) looked alright in the second half. he kicked three goals one, got 10 touches, 5 marks. davey was the only other to kick more than one.

2 Daniel Bell - got 21 touches, our leading possie getter and 11 marks. again worked tirelessly. how many goals did he have kicked on him? 5 tackles. wasnt his best day but 21 touches is a good day for a defender, and they werent loose touches like bowdens.

1 Brad Green 20 touches. thats all. he just went. did nothing special but he got a bit of it. i spose you could give it to bate or wheatley or bruce. none of them really deserve it, but i picked green.

If I could award what I wanted to award:

4: White

2: Godfrey

1: Jones

and i would ignore the others.

Point taken deanox however, we have to be consistent throughout the season. Let's face it, we've had a few shockers this year and paid 6-5-4-3-2-1 for all of them.

I'm calling for two more Dmonlanders to seriously have a crack at the best six players v Richmond. You have to be serious and I will acccept deanox' selections and the next two who complete the task. Naturally, votes from anyone who treats it as a joke will be ignored.

I'm calling for two more Dmonlanders to seriously have a crack at the best six players v Richmond. You have to be serious and I will acccept deanox' selections and the next two who complete the task. Naturally, votes from anyone who treats it as a joke will be ignored.

Sorry, I can't even attempt it and keep a straight face at the same time :lol: .

In order

White... a lone winner in his position, competed well. unsuuported.

Bizzel... A steadying influence across the danger zone. Must admit might have been far worse without his level head that game.

Dutchy.. put his hand up amongst a sea of medicrity and uselessness

Godfrey.. tries ...tries...tries..

Petterd... still showing glimpses of quality when all around desert him.

Brocky.. yes.. a less than blue ribbon effor t, but he kept at it.. even though he knoew it wasnt his night.. He didnt give up or shirk. thats commendable.

well thats how I saw it anyway.

And we have a new leader!!!

63. Nathan Jones

56. Cameron Bruce

54. Daniel Bell

52. Aaron Davey

49. Jeff White

44. Brad Green

39. James McDonald

36. Colin Sylvia

35. Brent Moloney

34. Matthew Bate Simon Godfrey Travis Johnstone

30. Ben Holland

29. Russell Robertson

24. Adem Yze

21. David Neitz

20. Brad Miller Ricky Petterd

18. Clint Bizzell Jared Rivers

15. Nathan Brown

10. Brock McLean

9. Nathan Carroll

6. Paul Wheatley

3. Daniel Ward

2. Paul Johnson

1. Lynden Dunn

i thought paul wheatley has a good decent crack on friday night

yeah i thought wheats was around the mark for he end votes but i tossed up between him, bate and green for 1 vote. in the end i went green because well, he had a couple of more touches and i couldnt split them any other way...

I don't know how anyone can leave Bizzell out of the votes.

He took saving marks, was always effective with his disposal, helped set up a goal, was cool in a crisis, dished out a crunching hip-and-shoulder, was accountable for opponent(s) and led by example all night.

Jarka, I agree that White did not dominate.

And we have a new leader!!!

63. Nathan Jones

GO JONESY!

I'm sure they won't get anywhere near the top 3 in the B&F, but wouldn't it be good to see a top 3 of Jones, Brock and Bell?

Bell is a chance, but Brock has missed too much footy and Jonesy doesn't get enough possessions :rolleyes:

bizzel got 6 kicks (and 10 handballs), 5 marks and no tackles. imo there were more players worthy of votes than bizzel. he did his bit down back but we got smashed. who was his opponent? with richmond playing loose men in our forward line bizzel seemed to be a loose man quite often. bowden was a loose man for richmond, he got 33 touches.

In order

Bizzel... A steadying influence across the danger zone. Must admit might have been far worse without his level head that game.

Bizzel had an absolute shocker of a game, played as a loose man and was totally ineffective. Polak and Bowden had 28 and 33 touches respectively and dominated the game playing as loose men in defense.

glad to see jonesy up there! i taught him all he knows down at mt eliza :lol:

would've given him all the votes just for that work on the members wing, brushed off two tackles then pulled off his trademark spin, the kick was shocking but honestly i didn't care. it's my only highlight of the game

glad to see jonesy up there! i taught him all he knows down at mt eliza :lol:

would've given him all the votes just for that work on the members wing, brushed off two tackles then pulled off his trademark spin, the kick was shocking but honestly i didn't care. it's my only highlight of the game

i think that play epitomised jones attitude all day. he doesnt give up, he gets in there and tries to get the pill, even if he's on his own, and not successful. thats why i gave him votes even though he wasnt the leading possie getter, or didnt kick 3 goals, he tried his guts out all day under those packs and didnt have much support.

Bizzel had an absolute shocker of a game, played as a loose man and was totally ineffective. Polak and Bowden had 28 and 33 touches respectively and dominated the game playing as loose men in defense.

In a way youre right... but the point is if he wasnt there doiing what he does best ( and trust me Im no apologist for Hollywood, anyone here will attest that ) we would have been bashed even more. I would suggest he wasnt totall ineffective. He was beaten, but nearly all of our team was. Was just trying to ajudicate from standpoint of who was best six.

Bizzel nearly always plays as loose man across the back..nothing new

How anyone can name brock in our best? our best captain on the night maybe, he was nowhere.... didnt get the ball or have any impact..

Bell in our best deanox?

u wanna talk about bruces kicking lets talk about bells....

TERRIBLE ... he turned the ball over like everytime he got it... he got smashed by brown and was dragged of him....

i agree with u clint ... bizz was very handy

How anyone can name brock in our best? our best captain on the night maybe, he was nowhere.... didnt get the ball or have any impact..

Lets be frank...who had impact ?? lol.. no one.. Whitey tried.. but still had no 'impact'

Brocky had a shocker.. ( not alone for sure ) but i tell ya... I respect someone who knows they are playing shite.. but still aplly themselves. And he did.. didnt do too much ...but he never NEVER gives in. I like that...I'll be straight up. When you can stand up with 3 hanging on ya most the game..I'l give ya kudos !! :-)

Lets be frank...who had impact ?? lol.. no one.. Whitey tried.. but still had no 'impact'

Brocky had a shocker.. ( not alone for sure ) but i tell ya... I respect someone who knows they are playing shite.. but still aplly themselves. And he did.. didnt do too much ...but he never NEVER gives in. I like that...I'll be straight up. When you can stand up with 3 hanging on ya most the game..I'l give ya kudos !! :-)

haha.... ur excacly the type of moron i talk about.... u justify him havn a bad game coz he had 3 on him... i dont think so...

he had a shocker yet u put him in ur best?

players that had impact , holland... bizzel and picket

holland goals

bizz DID SOME GOOD THINGS IN THE BACKLINE

pickett added some phyical pressure

but still i may not give them all votes..

I respect someone who knows they are playing shite.. but still aplly themselves. And he did.. didnt do too much ...but he never NEVER gives in. I like that...I'll be straight up

wat the hell stop sucking up his arse... like everyone else.... didnt give in.... DIDNT GIVE NOTHING more like it

how do u know he didnt give in ? he was barely seen

You must have been watching a different game to me. "His kicking isn't great"? No, it's atrocious.

And I think you underestimate the importance of being skillful. One recent game analysis showed that accurate kicking was statistically the best predictor of a team that wins.

In my mind, Godfrey gets a free pass because of his toughness and endeavour. What I saw on Friday night (at least four times right in front of where I was sitting) was a player who has close to the worst disposal in the AFL. Of Godfrey's 13 kicks, nearly half were critical errors that went directly to the opposition. If you are going to cough up half your kicks, then you are no better than a player who has no kicks at all.

He can't kick accurately for distance, either kicking short or over the leading player's head. Or he puts it way too far in front of a player leading towards the side ... three of his kicks on Friday night went over the boundary a long way in front of the lead. There was no pressure on any of these kicks either, he just can't seem to make his foot do what his eyes are seeing or his brain is thinking.

Godfrey is symptomatic of a side that has issues of selection and depth. He is 'hard' and 'tags' (except he gets burnt off by pace). We like his endeavour and commitment and he has some good games as a pure stopper (ineffective on Friday though ... who was his tag exactly?). But he doesn't hurt, either creatively or offensively. He is one of the players that the opposition don't mind having a lot of the ball because they know he won't use the advantage. He is also not a thinking or intuitive player. But we leave him in the side because we reward someone who 'tries and gives their all'. In my opinion it's not enough. We have really missed Bartram, who fills the same role with more skill.

Godfrey is at the opposite end of the continuum to Yze, who has skills but no endeavour. Godfrey has endeavour but doesn't have skills.

B Bruce...you were watching the game I take it ?

Just for the record I dont arse suck.. .. and if you want to take it off topic and get personal..go ahead..

A moron. well mate.. I look at things in context.. not through Bruce coloured glasses..

But please ..do continue..

B Bruce...you were watching the game I take it ?

Just for the record I dont arse suck.. .. and if you want to take it off topic and get personal..go ahead..

A moron. well mate.. I look at things in context.. not through Bruce coloured glasses..

But please ..do continue..

did i mention bruce no... and why get all touchy?

coz u cant defend ur post?... i think u have contradicted ur self.... and no i dont want to make it personal thank you... infact i was hoping for a reply of answers

and yes i was at the game....

so you make derogatory comments.. but its not personal..

mate that makes as much sense as anything you have written.

Im sure others will see it for what its worth.

Whats to defend exactly.. keep in mind...we write opinions. Go look it up..

Hardly touchy.. please.. cotinue the comedy.

what exactly do you want answers to?