So who will be available for the Tigers game in 2 weeks?

Yze_Magic

I believe that Yze, Pickett and Whelan are all certainties

Bartram, Rivers and Moloney all possibilities

Either way, we have an embarassment of riches to choose from and the split round has come at the best possible time

We will start to get an almighty team on the paddock, and we would be stupid to not aim for a Finals spot

My team vs the Tigers assuming Travis is fit, and Bartram, Rivers and Moloney are still unavailable

B - Whelan Carroll Bell

HB - Wheatley Holland Bizzell

C - Johnstone Jones Green

HF - Sylvia Bate Davey

F - Bruce Neitz Robertson

R - White McLean McDonald

I/C - Pickett Petterd P.Johnson Godfrey

Emerg - Yze Newton Ward

In - Pickett Whelan

Out - Ward, Frawley

It takes about 2 wins in a row for supporters to claim about the riches that are in our list and what depth we have.

It takes two losses in a row for posters to come out and complain that our list is cr@p and we have no depth.

It takes about 2 wins in a row for supporters to claim about the riches that are in our list and what depth we have.

It takes two losses in a row for posters to come out and complain that our list is cr@p and we have no depth.

So true...

Buckley must be a chance for the Richmond game though given Daniher's love of putting a first gamer in the emergency one week then in the starting 18 for their debut the next.

I was thinking the same Rhino. Ward, Godfrey, Wheatley, Brown and Bizz are listed as certainties to be delisted when we lose and evidence of our incredible depth when we're winning. But I guess that's what we love about footy - fortunes can swing in a matter of minutes that alone days, weeks or months. Expectations are closely linked to mood and nothing brightens the demeanour of a Dees fan more than a win over the pies!

I was thinking the same Rhino. Ward, Godfrey, Wheatley, Brown and Bizz are listed as certainties to be delisted when we lose and evidence of our incredible depth when we're winning. !

The evidence of our depth is the kids that are 18-20 years old and are playing like seasoned veterans

Plus the fact we have Yze, Pickett, Dunn, Bartram, Moloney and Whelan waiting in the winds

It has nothing to do with Ward, Godfrey, Wheatley, Brown and Bizz

Which week do Sandy play this week? The same as us?

Because I'm not sure whether it was a 4 or 5 week period Choppy had to spend in the VFL, but currently he has spent four weeks at Sandy.

There is no split round in the vfl so teams will be playing both weeks unless Sandy happen to have a bye in those 2 weeks.

The evidence of our depth is the kids that are 18-20 years old and are playing like seasoned veterans

Plus the fact we have Yze, Pickett, Dunn, Bartram, Moloney and Whelan waiting in the winds

It has nothing to do with Ward, Godfrey, Wheatley, Brown and Bizz

I take your point - no need to repeat yourself. Would Godfrey and Ward be getting games if Bartram, Moloney and Whelan were available? My best 22 has Whelan ahead of Ward and Bartram ahead of Godfrey. Wouldn't that then make Ward and Godfrey depth? I guess my take on depth is different to yours. Do with have depth in leadership? Do we have depth in the ruck department? Do we have depth in ball winning midfielders? Do we have depth in key position posts?

As long as Miller stays out, I'll be happy with whoever Neale brings back in.

why?

he kicked six on the weekend, he took big contested grabs, got 2nd best on

neitz might not come up, miller the best replacement at the moment for full forward (dunn hasnt got the size to play full forward and newton is an unknown)

if neitz isnt fit, id prefer miller to come in that anyone else, confidence is his key

why?

he kicked six on the weekend, he took big contested grabs, got 2nd best on

neitz might not come up, miller the best replacement at the moment for full forward (dunn hasnt got the size to play full forward and newton is an unknown)

if neitz isnt fit, id prefer miller to come in that anyone else, confidence is his key

Newton in

Miller must never play for the Demons again

he is nowhere near AFL standard

Surely the evidence of our depth - or lack thereof - has been our performance in the first half of the season.

We've had a bad run with injuries and our record stands at 2-9.

Our depth is no worse than at least half of the competition but it isn't great. We have about 4-5 players who are good depth when our best 22 is playing but it drops of severely after that. So our depth is partly an explanation for the poor start to season. But what I think was far more of a factor was the quality of players we were missing. Any team, if hit by the injuries we were (to the quality of players) would lose more than they won, and most, like us, wouldn't win at all.

Neitz (missed 3 games/injured during 1 more) - our FF, leading goalkicker and captain

Robbo (6/1) - our backup for Neitz, 2nd leading goal kicker

McLean (7/1) - our best midfielder and clearance king

Johnstone (1/1 and has carried injuries all year)- our most creative midfielder, arguably our 2nd best midfielder when fit

Whelan (6/2) - our best small defender, with Rivers is the glue that holds our defence together

Rivers (8) - the man! Easily our best defender

Bartram (10/1)

Moloney (5)

Plus Green (2), Sylvia (4),Yze (3), Pickett (8), Wheatley (6) (his form in his last 2 games (not matter how people rate him) shows how much of a loss he was) and Jones (1/1)

Only Bruce, McDonald, White, Davey, Carroll and Bell have played every game. And don't say look at Adelaide because they have had nothing near what we have had. 15 of their players have played every game this year and another 2 have missed 1.

We don't deserve to be where we are and although depth contributed a bit, injuries are the reason.

Newton in

Miller must never play for the Demons again

he is nowhere near AFL standard

You seem to think that if you keep saying this everyone will bow down at you feet and simply agree with you.....

But please shut up and try to put your personal bias of this particular player aside.

You aren't making this place any more interesting, despite what your own ego will let you believe.

The horse is dead, your opinion is out there, so please stop beating it :angry:

More that a little sad and hypocritcal this, isn't it :( ?!!!

You seem to think that if you keep saying this everyone will bow down at you feet and simply agree with you.....

But please shut up and try to put your personal bias of this particular player aside.

You aren't making this place any more interesting, despite what your own ego will let you believe.

The horse is dead, your opinion is out there, so please stop beating it :angry:

He is an absolute dud

I am only trying to help people like you see the light

Be strong

We need to persist with Frawley, his development at AFL should take top priority, we need another good tall defender ready for 2008. We can't keep going to Holland, Biz, Ferguson as stop gap measures in 2008, more than likely 2 of those three will not be on our list at the end of the year. Petterd is another that should not be dropped.

You would love to say bring in Buckley for Ward working on the same theory as Frawley, but Ward is doing enough to justify his inclusion.

He is an absolute dud

I am only trying to help people like you see the light

Be strong

Then save it :angry:

You sound like a broken record.........