Didak gawn....

brey9186

The AFL wishes to advise the Match Review Panel has assessed the following incidents from the weekend's round of matches.

Charges Laid:

Ryan Crowley, Fremantle, has been charged with bumping or making forceful contact from front-on against Simon Prestigiacomo, Collingwood, during the second quarter of the Round Ten match between Fremantle and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Friday June 1, 2007.

In summary, his existing carry-over points from a previous offence means that his penalty must remain as a one-game sanction. Please note that this particular charge is classified as body contact, as the rule covers for contact to be made to the head/neck or the body from front-on.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has 93.75 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 218.75 points and a two-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 164.06 points and a one-match sanction.

Brodie Holland, Collingwood, has been charged with a second offence for making negligent contact with umpire Matthew James during the third quarter of the Round Ten match between Collingwood and Fremantle, played at the MCG on Friday June 1, 2007.

In summary, he can accept a $3300 sanction with an early plea.

A second offence for making negligent contact with an umpire is a $4400 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $3300 sanction.

Alan Didak, Collingwood, has been charged with charging Paul Hasleby, Fremantle, during the fourth quarter of the Round Ten match between Collingwood and Fremantle, played at the MCG on Friday June 1, 2007.

In summary, his previous record means his penalty must remain as a one-game sanction.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This a total of three activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has a total of two matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 20 per cent to 150 demerit points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 112.50 demerit points and a one-match sanction.

handy, he is their game breaker

Having not even seen the incident i'm confident he'll play.

1) he plays for collingwood

2) they're playing melbourne this week, and everyone who goes up to the tribunal before playing melbourne seems to get off

3) the panel are the most inconsistent bunch of morons running around (after the rule makers that is)

2) they're playing melbourne this week, and everyone who goes up to the tribunal before playing melbourne seems to get off

3) the panel are the most inconsistent bunch of morons running around (after the rule makers that is)

Well if Collingwood contest and he gets off, I'll look forward to Belly tearing him a new one.

Bring it on you filthy Magpies! :D

I can't see any cause which would merit presenting a case to the Tribunal. The offence has been graded at the absolute bottom of the scale of offences and may thus not be argued down. Are they going to suggest it did not happen? The only course would be to go for accidental or inadvertent which would be frivilous. I say make an example of him if he fronts and give him a couple.

honestly couldn't care if he plays, hell i hope he does. another feral who can be on the ground with tears in his eyes as his ears fill to the glorious sounds of 'IT'S A GRAND OLD FLAG...' go on didak, fight it, get off, then get punished on monday

didak has been suspended for one match BUTT!

"Didak has been charged with charging Paul Hasleby. If he accepts an early plea, out suspended for one week. BUT!!! he risks no increase in the penalty if he takes the charge to the tribunal"

Daniel belll got killed by didak last year..... i was actually looking forward to the rematch.... see how bellly has gone since then...

but i think it would be in our best interest if he is out tho...

but he will contest

and he will get off.... as the trends would suggest

Yeah...

Pretty much covered it there BB.

I'm sure it'll help us to free him up for another opponent, maybe have him play a more attacking role. Perhaps run with Buckley if he plays. There are pros and cons to both scenarios though.

I tell you what, this may well be the game of the year for the demons.

Well if Collingwood contest and he gets off, I'll look forward to Belly tearing him a new one.

Bring it on you filthy Magpies! :D

That is so freaky, I was just about to post just that! :o

Collingwood will definitely contest, according to Footy Classifieds.

Ironically, they are going to show the Goodes hit on Godders that only got him a reprimand, which we all know was a soft verdict.

Regardless, he's sure to get off and be there on Monday.

Showing the Goodes hit is stupid because if Goodes didn't have a good record over the last 5 years he would have been given a week as well. Didak has a bad record and therefore he gets points added pushing it from a reprimand to 1 week.

I haven't seen the incident but I think he will get off because that is the way the tribunal is going this year.

Showing the Goodes hit is stupid because if Goodes didn't have a good record over the last 5 years he would have been given a week as well. Didak has a bad record and therefore he gets points added pushing it from a reprimand to 1 week.

I haven't seen the incident but I think he will get off because that is the way the tribunal is going this year.

exactly, goodes would have copped a wek with the same past record as didak so they would be just shooting themelves in the foot, on the otherhand they really should walk in and show the vision and say "c'mon boys look at this, this is [censored] weak, so soft that its ridiculous"

i think its funny he got cited, there is nothing in that, goodes atleast had major force behind him, didak was just [censored] stirring with his, this game is getting very soft

What is with this current trend of players knowingly charging a bloke who is not looking? Goodes did it, Didak did it, in years gone by this would have been frowned upon along with kicking, now everyone is getting in on it.

At least give the other guy a chance to defend himself. Very cowardly in my eyes.

Collingwood will definitely contest, according to Footy Classifieds.

Ironically, they are going to show the Goodes hit on Godders that only got him a reprimand, which we all know was a soft verdict.

I agree he will definately play, It was extremely soft, if he doesnt play the tribunal is a joke.

Im sure that this site would go into meltdown if a Melb player got reported for that.

Anyway I want him there so Belly can tear him apart.

Collingwood will appeal , not surprising thou, I worry about the likes of Swan , Heath Shaw Lockyer and Leon Davis(rocca had his good kicking game last week)

Don't think Heath Shaw is playing.

Didak will get off. All they have to do is show the Goodes footage and he'll get off.

And Buckley is listed as 2-3 weeks away still...

Never expected him to play. As much as I like Bucks, I seriously think it's time for the guy just to give up. They've done fine without him. Get in the coaches box and help from there.

Goodes was still found guilty and only got a reprimand because of his good record. Didak's bad record is what has got him a week. His hit has been classified the same as Goodes' was.

Goodes was still found guilty and only got a reprimand because of his good record. Didak's bad record is what has got him a week. His hit has been classified the same as Goodes' was.

Yeah I was actually just thinking of that. He might stay at one week.