Christian Petracca

2 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

How long before Kane links this Petracca story with his ‘Kossie’s dismal output’ story?

If he links them both to his Clarry being traded story he could explain it all in a venn diagram. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, deegirl said:

If anything this makes a Clarry trade more likely. They’ll get rid of him to clean house 

We will come to regret trading Oliver if it happens. Even if he never gets back to his best, to turn our back on easily a top 10 maybe even top 5 Demon would be catastrophic. 

This isn't blood Treloar. Or Taranto. He's a 4x B&F winner. All Australian. An absolute champion of the club.

My view as someone that has managed large teams of 20-somethings is that you have to really identify and understand the motivations of different personalities. He's still a kid at heart. They all are. What were we all doing in our 20s? 

It will be very hard for me to return if any of Viney Trac or Oliver leave.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

I think what concerns me more than this Trac news, is the implosion of the supporter base. 

Continue with the personal attacks on people on here, with the attacks on the coach, President, and the players etc. 

Not necessarily a blight on you @middleagedemon, as you have many friends. 

it’s time to stick fat, support and galvanise. 

Just saying…… 

Sticking fat, supporting and being galvanised doesn't equate to having one's head in the sand. 

And many on here continually have their head in the sand and don't want to hear a bad word about the club, ever. Period. If that is the kind of support and 'sticking fat' you're talking about, we may as well shut up shop. Being blissfully ignorant is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike and won't get the club anywhere. 

I make those remarks because I find it hilarious that despite all of the evidence, the cheers-squad type supporters just refuse to bat an eyelid, either calling it all BS or saying it's actually Trac that's the problem! Or not only that, it's about anything but what's going on behind closed doors. 'injury, loading, stats stats stats backing up the theory that we're injured, we're loading'. Rinse and repeat. 

People just don't want to dig deep enough or hear anything that might pop their lala land bubble. Why? Because it feels uncomfortable and 'negative'. Again I think that says more about them then anything else. 

Obviously we all want the club to succeed. Those of us who have seen some worrying signs now have wondered if there are some things going on behind the scenes and it turns out that we're correct. 

And now the cheer-squad parade are worried that it'll ruin demonland when they should actually be feeling positive about the outcomes/changes that might come from this admission! So you can have both! Accept and understand that not everything is just peaches and roses, but know that out of this will come new growth, opportunity, change and good times again!

Trac's not happy with the direction of the club. 

[censored] ay! 

What a relief, somebody said it within our club! 

Now to get to get to work, whatever that entails. We should welcome it all. 

Edited by middleagedemon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Clap 7

19 minutes ago, picket fence said:

EXACTLY GUT THE PLACE starting with The President, Coach, the ENTIRE football department and then some. 100% BUYING IN ON THIS !

Back to the good old days, eh pf, you do realise what you are pushing pf, Gut the place, lose any synergy that the club has, destroy our financial gains, throw it all in the bin, that’ll get the boys playing good footy and all the supporters and players will leave in their droves……. Wtf.!!

• Clap 1

Just now, praha said:

We will come to regret trading Oliver if it happens. Even if he never gets back to his best, to turn our back on easily a top 10 maybe even top 5 Demon would be catastrophic. 

This isn't blood Treloar. Or Taranto. He's a 4x B&F winner. All Australian. An absolute champion of the club.

My view as someone that has managed large teams of 20-somethings is that you have to really identify and understand the motivations of different personalities. He's still a kid at heart. They all are. What were we all doing in our 20s? 

Hang on, do you want change or don’t you? If Viney and Petracca are unhappy with aspects of the club, wouldn’t one of them be playing Clarry?

This reminds me of West coast in 2006-2008. Won premiership, straight sets exit next year , rumoured issues at the club, their best player disgruntled and wanting a trade (Chris Judd).

Bad News: Judd left and they finish last three years later

Good News: they got Josh Kennedy their greatest ever fwd  from the Judd trade.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, DeeZone said:

Back to the good old days, eh pf, you do realise what you are pushing pf, Gut the place, lose any synergy that the club has, destroy our financial gains, throw it all in the bin, that’ll get the boys playing good footy and all the supporters and players will leave in their droves……. Wtf.!!

Yep exactly. I’m all for a review of certain position at the club but to say we should gut the place is ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BW511 said:

I guess the players don’t really appreciate contest and defence as much as Goody.

North would not be speaking with Jack Viney unless there was some small chance it could happen. Viney would have never dreamed of leaving Melbourne unless there was some smoke there, he’s too proud a man.

CARRRYST MAN HIS FATHER WORKS FOR THE CLUB!!! He is goorn I would think!

2 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

A poll should start on who is Tom’s alias 🤓

I suspect it’s a group DL account. I can confidently say I know the exact morons who make up this group. Right now they’re busy playing a game and we don’t really wanna interrupt them, it wouldn’t be pretty. 😳🤢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2

23 minutes ago, BringBackTheDemon said:

Yeah, we nearly killed him sending him back out on the field, but its Tracs character 

Well anyone who wants to jump ship when it starts taking on water is not the type of person you want in your team let alone a senior player and one in the leadership team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, praha said:

Me too !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BW511 said:

I guess the players don’t really appreciate contest and defence as much as Goody.

North would not be speaking with Jack Viney unless there was some small chance it could happen. Viney would have never dreamed of leaving Melbourne unless there was some smoke there, he’s too proud a man.

North aren’t speaking TO Viney. They’re probably speaking ABOUT Viney to his dad. 
I saw Viney play on Saturday night. Did you? Not looking like a man who wants to go back to playing for wooden spooners. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Our training facilities don’t inspire elite standards. They’re an embarrassment to everyone, the players too.

The club needs to stop being pathetic, given we’re not spending multi-millions on facilities, travel the players to the US.  Do an Arizona high-performance off-season that is enviable and meaningful.

Take the weakness of nowhere to be and make it a strength that we can travel anywhere.

Time to do something about the state of how the club is run. Far beyond firing or swapping inconsequential staff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I suspect it’s a group DL account. I can confidently say I know the exact morons who make up this group. Right now they’re busy playing a game and we don’t really wanna interrupt them, it wouldn’t be pretty. 😳🤢

@mods?

Hows this for a post? Surely ban-worthy? 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, praha said:

Imo - Clarry has already checked out. If he can get his desperation & commitment back - then of course none of us would ever want him to leave. 

But if he doesn't - you'd still want to keep him around? 

If you've managed large teams you'd be aware of the importance of upholding and demonstrating high standards - and how small cracks spread and undermine collective effort. 

It's not as black and white as you make it - there are versions of Clarry like there are versions of each of us. The clarry that won 4*bnfs is welcome at any time. The current version - we would be best to move on from.

• Like 3
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Catastrophe's occur when good people see it.... and do Nothing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No10 said:

Our training facilities don’t inspire elite standards. They’re an embarrassment to everyone, the players too.

The club needs to stop being pathetic, given we’re not spending multi-millions on facilities, travel the players to the US.  Do an Arizona high-performance off-season that is enviable and meaningful.

Take the weakness of nowhere to be and make it a strength that we can travel anywhere.

Time to do something about the state of how the club is run. Far beyond firing or swapping inconsequential staff.

Whilst I don’t know that sending the players to America is the answer, I suspect the sub-standard facilities have more of an impact than we want to believe.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1