Christian Petracca

39 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

Barrett is a bottom feeder that tries to generate 'stories'. Just saw him on the Sunday Footy Show trying to trade Harry McKay out of Carlton again, this time to Brisbane Lions 🤦‍♂️ 

There appears no good reason why he remains in the media yet he seems to float up to the surface of the septic tank every year 

Screenshot_20240929-123042.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

51 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

Barrett is a bottom feeder that tries to generate 'stories'. Just saw him on the Sunday Footy Show trying to trade Harry McKay out of Carlton again, this time to Brisbane Lions 🤦‍♂️ 

That's due to Daniher "retiring" and going back to TWSNBN for a million a year or more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reynolds46 said:

There appears no good reason why he remains in the media yet he seems to float up to the surface of the septic tank every year 

David King was no different and had Fagan sacked after round 6 or 7 from memory.

Too many blokes trying to make themselves relevant making ridiculous headlines among a cesspool of journalists 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Willmoy1947 said:

That's due to Daniher "retiring" and going back to TWSNBN for a million a year or more.

Would it be possible to enlighten me in what or who TWSNBN is.

Also what role did Joe Daniher have and when was he there?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Harry is not on the market and he doesn't want to go anywhere. This has been made clear to everyone recently when his name was floated (with no basis in reality) with Petracca possibly leaving the Dees. Barrett probably just wants to generate cheap clicks and views, a barrel scraper.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

Harry is not on the market and he doesn't want to go anywhere. This has been made clear to everyone recently when his name was floated (with no basis in reality) with Petracca possibly leaving the Dees. Barrett probably just wants to generate cheap clicks and views, a barrel scraper.

With all due respect 31 you clearly have not learned anything on demonland.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Morris, and now barret have suggested he could find himself at another club.

They are not going to just pluck that out if there's nothing to it.

I suspect the subtext is curnow had issued am ultimatum - Harry or me.

I suspect there might cultural issues.

McKay wants out. Kennedy treated appallingly and wants our.

Looking for a new high performance manager.

Houston doesn't want to go there

Question marks over Voss's future. Is he the one?

Where there's smoke.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Clap 2

35 minutes ago, binman said:

With all due respect 31 you clearly have not learned anything on demonland.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Morris, and now barret have suggested he could find himself at another club.

They are not going to just pluck that out if there's nothing to it.

I suspect the subtext is curnow had issued am ultimatum - Harry or me.

I suspect there might cultural issues.

McKay wants out. Kennedy treated appallingly and wants our.

Looking for a new high performance manager.

Houston doesn't want to go there

Question marks over Voss's future. Is he the one?

Where there's smoke.

you forgot billionaires in the boys' club agitating for change

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

In AFL Journo world the utter desperation for "news" seems to turn them all into a baying pack of hyenas looking for scraps of truth .

They really give carp a bad name.

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, reynolds46 said:

I think we should start a rolling thread of all the [censored] these guys dish up.

Once again 4 or 5 old white men sit around and talk about how good the winning team are and how the losing team is a train wreck and should sack the coach.

Rinse and repeat every single week. We deserve better than this.

• Like 3

Does anyone else follow Petracca on Instagram?

Today he posted a series of photos of his time in Noosa when he was recovering from injury. 

'Throwback to my happy place'

It's a paid partnership with a range of Samsung Galaxy products being placed in the photos.

Is it any wonder his teammates are getting frustrated with him when he post these things? He claims he needed to get away from the club for his own recovery but posts these cringe branding posts.

Just about every single social media post is him plugging some paid partnership of some variety. 

Not the biggest deal in the world but leaves a slight bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 9

If Trac wants some inspiration on coming back from serious injury he could do worse than wandering over to AAMI and have a chat to Ryan Papenhuyzen. Leg fractures, hammy and fractured kneecap which was a year out. Starred for Storm in their prelim.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

13 hours ago, BAMF said:

Today he posted a series of photos of his time in Noosa when he was recovering from injury. 

It's a paid partnership with a range of Samsung Galaxy products being placed in the photos.

Is it any wonder his teammates are getting frustrated with him when he post these things? He claims he needed to get away from the club for his own recovery but posts these cringe branding posts.

Just about every single social media post is him plugging some paid partnership of some variety. 

Money, money, money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That’s the issue with social media for players is people make assumptions, bottom line is the players success will come with being selfless as they did in 21 & not  selfish which is not what I’m suggesting with Trac.

Edited by Demonsone

14 hours ago, BAMF said:

This is the future. Trac is the pioneer. You will see more players doing TicTok / Insta activities and establishing their own brand as a sideline but a major income earner. I think our club has a chance to lead the way in assisting players in building their brand that will compliment the MFC as well as themselves. It might also be an effective strategy for attracting players to the club. We would be starting from scratch, as we are currently ranked last in developing social media content. 

Edited by djr
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, djr said:

This is the future. Trac is the pioneer. You will see more players doing TicTok / Insta activities and establishing their own brand as a sideline but a major income earner. I think our club has a chance to lead the way in assisting players in building their brand that will compliment the MFC as well as themselves. It might also be an effective strategy for attracting players to the club. We would be starting from scratch, as we are currently ranked last in developing social media content. 

How much money do players actually need? Especially Petracca.

if I was another player I’d be investing my money in property, a business, shares or education for myself post career 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

if I was another player I’d be investing my money in property, a business, shares or education for myself post career 

I'm sure he's doing that as well.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, djr said:

The difference between what the rest of players do and what CP does is that other players post/repost just as much about the club they play for, as they do their external sponsorships.  I can't remember the last time CP posted anything on his Insta that was MFC related.  Wanna show off some fancy watch or headphones you've been gifted? Sure, go for it.  But next time a player retires or hits a milestone, repost it like the rest of your teammates do.  It is a team sport, after all.  

Edited by Adina88
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Adina88 said:

The difference between what the rest of players do and what CP does is that other players post/repost just as much about the club they play for, as they do their external sponsorships.  I can't remember the last time CP posted anything on his Insta that was MFC related.  Wanna show off some fancy watch or headphones you've been gifted? Sure, go for it.  But next time a player retires or hits a milestone, repost it like the rest of your teammates do.  It is a team sport, after all.  

I don't think I'll ever understand why people care about stuff like this. Publicly purity testing players for their social media performance. Ugh, it makes my skin crawl.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djr said:

While it does make me cringe a bit, it's not that he wants to build his brand that is the issue. I've unfollowed him as his posts don't give me what I'm looking for.

The issue is that he spoke to the players about how important it was for him to get away from the club and get to Noosa to relax. The players were annoyed that Trac wasn't completing his rehab at the club like others have to. He puts himself before the club. After talking to the players about this to clarify, he posts product placement pictures during his time there. 

I feel like this is the perception from his teammates about what he is about, and now there is a post confirming it.

Sure, it probably took his partner and hour to get it done, but the perception is already there and now for me it's been confirmed. 

How do his teammates feel about it? Probably not much, it's not a big deal, but it adds more weight to the situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Yes I agree but we are from another generation (sorry, not sure if you fit into that category) and would have done what you have said. I guess there is more opportunities to do both. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Adina88 said:

I think he has 2 accounts. One is football related and the other is his cooking and personal stuff. From what I have seen he hasn't posted any footy stuff since July.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BAMF said:

While it does make me cringe a bit, it's not that he wants to build his brand that is the issue. I've unfollowed him as his posts don't give me what I'm looking for.

The issue is that he spoke to the players about how important it was for him to get away from the club and get to Noosa to relax. The players were annoyed that Trac wasn't completing his rehab at the club like others have to. He puts himself before the club. After talking to the players about this to clarify, he posts product placement pictures during his time there. 

I feel like this is the perception from his teammates about what he is about, and now there is a post confirming it.

Sure, it probably took his partner and hour to get it done, but the perception is already there and now for me it's been confirmed. 

How do his teammates feel about it? Probably not much, it's not a big deal, but it adds more weight to the situation.

While he lives in a team environment, he is a standalone entity that the club needs to recognise and manage. He will give his all in the workplace, but after that....

• Like 1

On 29/09/2024 at 09:07, Ollie fan said:

The reason Cripps got 45 votes is clearly because they have no other good midfielders. We have had CP5 and Clarry fighting each other (metaphorically) for votes. 

If CP5 really does want to go, Carlton clearly need him....

Looking forward to this thread becoming dormant.  It gives me zero joy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

I'd be interested to know how much Trac actually likes this advertising stuff and how much his, umm personal Management are pushing it

• Like 1