Christian Petracca

1 minute ago, DubDee said:

If Trac goes

Its officially rebuild / reload mode

Smash the draft before Tassie comes in

Not quite, we still have JV and Oliver.

Dream scenario we get McKay and another first rounders (at least).

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

I don’t think this is only because of the injury. I think he’s been unhappy since last pre season and the injury is giving him an out that won’t damage his personal brand if he asks to leave. 

By “punishing” the club as you say, he’s trying to make the narrative about Melbourne being the problem. He knows we are an easy target, because of other issues we’ve had, and he has to keep his own brand clean in order to not do any damage to his incredibly lucrative social media presence.

If us as supporters are feeling peeved about it, just imagine what the feeling is inside the club from guys like Gawn and Viney.

That is truly next level if true. Irrespective of that he has lost control of the narrative and people will judge him negatively if he does request to leave. 

• Like 1

McKay plays a role similar to what JVR is being groomed for. If McKay comes where does that leave JVR’s future. I’d want TDK.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Oxdee said:

This is a massive indictment on the club if they end up losing trac. You secured the guy for life and then blow it all up with shear incompetence. Heads needs to roll 

We've signed him to a long term deal so we've protected the clubs interest. If he leaves it will be on our terms not his.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, layzie said:

So you reckon MFC are done with Trac and are now focused on getting the best deal THBT?

I feel like the club have nothing to lose now. Christian has said what he wants and they’ve said ‘not going to happen’, but they have to weigh up the cost of keeping his attitude around if he doesn’t want to be there too.

No harm in asking around, and if nothing comes nothing is lost. Might also show Christian we acted in good faith, and unless he wants to go to The Suns we’ll see you on the first day of preseason.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gawndy the Great said:

That is truly next level if true. Irrespective of that he has lost control of the narrative and people will judge him negatively if he does request to leave. 

I think the loss of control of the narrative is the actual story from this latest development. I think the club is putting more into the public domain than we may have suspected previously.

• Like 6

So basically after being the player that made certain we won our first premiership in a lifetime he is leaving due to our unprofessionalism. That is so MFC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Oxdee said:

This is a massive indictment on the club if they end up losing trac. You secured the guy for life and then blow it all up with shear incompetence. Heads needs to roll 

Exactly what was the incompetence?     Can't be the immediate dealing with the injury because they needed 2 goes at a fully equipped hospital to get it right. It can't be incompentence by not getting 60,000 to every game - lack of miracles is not incompetence. So of all the things rumoured where the club had any control, how it dealt with Clarry is the only rational possibility.   And maybe the club dealt with that well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Carlton already has a stacked midfield and McKay is a club favourite. It will cause some real disgruntlement amongst their group if they trade him.

Who else would be able to trade for him though?

The filth shouldn't even be under consideration, at least from the MFC part.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

He used to be BFF with Clayton, but what transpired last year and last off season? Could that be a factor in all of this?

Considering that Trac is struggling mentally with the trauma he's been through, I would think he would now appreciate the way the club wrapped their arms around Clarry when he was struggling mentally, rather then throw him out with yesterday's rubbish.

Just now, At the break of Gawn said:

Carlton already has a stacked midfield and McKay is a club favourite. It will cause some real disgruntlement amongst their group if they trade him.

This is an incredibly important point. McKay signed a 7 year deal and is all in with Carlton. How would the playing group feel if the club said "listen, thanks but we want Trac more, bye". 

If the situation was reversed and McKay wanted out, and we said you can have Trac, how would the fans and the playing group feel?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Norm Smith's Curse said:

So basically after being the player that made certain we won our first premiership in a lifetime he is leaving due to our unprofessionalism. That is so MFC.

What unprofessionalism? Be specific.

I think that’s what Christian’s trying to say, but don’t you find it fascinating that the ‘playing in front of bigger crowds’ argument has entered the conversation today?

Didn’t hear that when all the information was only coming one way.

• Like 2

Just now, Jaded No More said:

Considering that Trac is struggling mentally with the trauma he's been through, I would think he would now appreciate the way the club wrapped their arms around Clarry when he was struggling mentally, rather then throw him out with yesterday's rubbish.

This is an incredibly important point. McKay signed a 7 year deal and is all in with Carlton. How would the playing group feel if the club said "listen, thanks but we want Trac more, bye". 

If the situation was reversed and McKay wanted out, and we said you can have Trac, how would the fans and the playing group feel?

Maybe McKay does want out and the real story is about Carlton with Trac as the shop front?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pirlo said:

When did they say "as it stands"? I have listened to interviews with all three, and "as it stands" has never once been uttered. Someone raised it on here to try and give them an out, and others have bitten. I admire your support of the club, but what's the point of ignoring anything that makes the club admin look silly. 

I didn’t bite as a result of something I read on here. I can’t remember where I heard it but I know Goody uttered those words. I can deep dive through everything I’ve read/heard to find it but I don’t have the time nor patience. Besides, what does anyone expect the Club to say when they’re questioned about what Petracca’s future is… of course they’re gonna say he’s staying because until he officially leaves… he’s staying, right?

Also the egg on their faces comment is ridiculous. They are making statements based on what they know currently. How can they look silly when he leaves if they don’t yet know he’s leaving??!!!

On 19/08/2024 at 15:43, Demonland said:

Not sure if we have ever had  another  28 yo premiership champion - of similar heritage seeking to walk out in the dead of night. Plus ca change. 

Edited by bush demon
Sp.

1 minute ago, ElDiablo14 said:

What unprofessionalism? Be specific.

I think my next post answered that without breaking any rumour rules. 

3 minutes ago, Norm Smith's Curse said:

Yep, how very Melbourne this is becoming!

Time will tell!

• Like 1

I think my next post answered that without breaking any rumour rules. 

The Oliver thing?

Got to be kidding, did he expected the club to trade the other 7 year - 1 million player basically for a bag of chips? How inept would the club be to do that?

• Like 5