Screwed by the AFL again

8 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

AFL proposes change to NGA access for this year’s draft - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1173998

So the 1 year they change it is the year we had an NGA player and unable to get him (Mac Andrew)

It was a knee jerk reaction by the Australian knee jerk league, however I’m pretty sure we got JVR with that pick so I still think we won that one… time to move on

Edited by DistrACTION Jackson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Of course we’re happy with JvR but isn’t that missing the point?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

It was a knee jerk reaction by the Australian knee jerk league, however I’m pretty sure we got JVR with that pick so I still think we won that one… time to move on

I'm actually fine with them removing NGA, but to change the rule for 2 years then go back is stupid.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

This is [censored]…these [censored] couldn’t run out of sight in the dark. Who’s running this ****show?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Absolute shipshow inside the AFL, they are getting progressively worse each year. 
I have no faith in that Cardboard Cutout Andrew Dillon, and the rest of them are a rabble 

It’s just new rules weekly now. 
The Clubs need to arc up as one. 

We members deserve better than the current suits. 

Look at The VFL Competition, it’s absolutely pathetic 

I could go on….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

We were able to take Jack Viney with a pick in the 20s when he was bid on at 7, not long before they changed it to bidding.

so we don’t always get screwed 

I'm sorry, but losing our #1 draft pick to an expansion side.  And countless first round picks and talent when we can barely win a game.

There is 1 reason it took us so long to get back to the top, and it's the AFL

(Aided by some poor development)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

not remotely surprised

it was a knee jerk change and now they've jerked the knee the other way

it'll be the likes of andrew bassat's 'compromise' for the northern franchise academies

Obviously Collingwood, Essendon & Carlton want it !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Travy14 said:

I'm sorry, but losing our #1 draft pick to an expansion side.  And countless first round picks and talent when we can barely win a game.

There is 1 reason we got back to the top and it's the AFL. Jackson and Roos.

• Like 2

I am probably in the minority that thinks the changes to the NGA rules are pretty fair enough, Mac Andrew is an incredible talent, if any club other than the MFC looked like getting him far later than his projected pick i think most posters would think it was a bit unfair. 

I don't like that the Swans got Gulden, Heeney, Mills and have potentially built a dynasty off these rules either, the best talent needs to go to the worst teams, that's the natural order of the league. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Travy14 said:

I'm actually fine with them removing NGA, but to change the rule for 2 years then go back is stupid.

Yeah the knee jerk is the change back.

Baited by angry Victorian teams upset about the Northern academies and especially the WA teams who think they own Indigenous players like Gina owns the iron ore.

The NGAs should’ve stayed at 40+. This is a disaster for fairness. It’s recruiting zones making a comeback.

• Like 3

I think this is good news since we have a young tall in our NGA set to be drafted in the next couple years, name escapes me though 

7 hours ago, Travy14 said:

Totally agree with this and it’s the reason the hawks won 3 straight flags, but it’s not the same as the NGA stuff

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They need to just scrap ALL academies, they are a hindrance to a fair and equitable competition.

Or make them AFL run, not tied to clubs.  Then it becomes open bidding.  But I am sure there are reasons why this won't work.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.