PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I believe bringing him straight back in will bolster his confidence, which is already very high. It’s a show of faith. Putting him in the reserves has the risk of eroding his confidence, and confidence is gold. 

It usually doesn't work. Goodie has made a career of bringing players straight back in after injury or too early & it usually fails.

Salem - fail   Bowey - fail  Petty- fail

McAdam  - fail

Not a pretty record.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 4

1 minute ago, Cranky Franky said:

It usually doesn't work. Goodie has made a career of bringing players straight back in after injury or too early & it usually fails.

Salem - fail   Bowey - fail  Petty- fail

McAdam  - fail

Not a pretty record.

Guess the odds are in favour by now

• Like 3

Going small and mobile it seems. Will be good to get some forward 50 leadership with ANB playing more on ball these days. Bench is interesting, apart from Turner  and Chandler it's hard to get a read on who takes the other two spots.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Going small and mobile it seems. Will be good to get some forward 50 leadership with ANB playing more on ball these days. Bench is interesting, apart from Turner  and Chandler it's hard to get a rear on who takes the other two spots.

I’d say the other 2 on the bench will be Salem and Bowey which means Tomlinson and Tholstrupp will be dropped.

Alternatively Bowey plays a not altogether undeserving game at Casey. and Kolt keeps his spot.

Woewodin will be the obvious sub.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydee said:

Actually, he always gets too close to the man on the mark and kicks the ball too high 

He is still a work in progress and may be a decent player in years to come but he is nowhere near ready for AFL football this year IMHO

Too many of our forwards get too close to the man-on-the-mark, kicking vertically too late in the run-up, without the ball control splendours of Kozzie and Fritta. Even the Melk used to do this every second shot at goal. If the ball goes through the goals, it looks spectacular; most times, it misses the six points. The kicking coach should get this extremely bad habit under control, immediately. Snaps are different, but a set shot (free kick or mark) is NOT a snap-style delivery. Set shot accuracy is a matter of 'room of release' before the m-o-t-mark, plantar flexion of the foot, lowering the ball drop, leading the kicking action with rapid lower leg extension and an even more rapid follow through with a straight knee-joint through the thigh in the very direction of goal line. Most of our forwards do not practice this as one 'whole body' movement time and again. The great forwards always did ... 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Outside of waterboy and mcgovernment - i haven't heard of any of them.

Darling?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I'm only trying to interpret the way Goodwin said it. I think what Goodwin meant was bringing Jake straight into the senior side might not be the best thing for him as opposed to finding form in the seconds first. I honestly don't mind what they do, but I didn't get the impression from Goodwin that it's a forgone conclusion he goes straight back in. 

It’s all moot now 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

I was just looking at the Sweeney post above. They mention 7 (?) players - only two that I know.

I said (Jack) “Darling.”
You were supposed to say “Yes, honey?” or similar.

Never mind, was funnier in my head, you didn’t get it, and the moment’s passed.

As you were. 🤗

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I said (Jack) “Darling.”
You were supposed to say “Yes, honey?” or similar.

Never mind, was funnier in my head, you didn’t get it, and the moment’s passed.

As you were. 🤗

Sounds direct from Blackadder goes Forth. 
?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I believe bringing him straight back in will bolster his confidence, which is already very high. It’s a show of faith. Putting him in the reserves has the risk of eroding his confidence, and confidence is gold. 

Just wanna make it clear that I said it almost two hours BEFORE Glenn McFarlane: 

6FC54DC0-DEA3-4909-A31D-39DBEDD2F834.thumb.jpeg.463bd2c411c2296b3bdf00841f604d52.jpeg
😜

… or maybe I AM Glenn McFarlane. 🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

I like the idea of putting Melky straight in:

1. The recovery sessions that these guys do are far harder than regular training.

2. Pretty sure he would not have cut any corners.

3. Can’t see any benefit in sending him to Brisbane to play in the seconds for a week.

4. Watched West Coast’s insipid defence last week. If he wants to get some form, this is the team to start on. 

Hope he goes really well – hope for the best, plan for all possibilities. Woey will probably be the sub, and may come on for him in the case of limited minutes anyway.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, No10 said:

Think Fullarton will be in - hoping to rest Gawn if the game allows.

Fullarton instead of Jeffo!! Are we tanking? Explain how Jeffo travelling emergency last week played an excellent game in the wet last week and not even in the extended squad??

GOODWIN has lost the plot!

Edited by picket fence
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 4