Changes v Adel

godees

I know people are getting fed up with Miller but if you watch the game again I think you will find he kept presenting and didn't drop the marks if they were delivered correctly. Often when he had a few metres on his opponent the passes came in bouncing before him or not to his advantage. He is as low on confidence as all of them and is a much better player when we have runners from the back half and midfield coming past for a handball which is not happening at the moment as we are playing reactive football not proactive ( apart from the last qtr!!!).

Spot on Trav. Rivers will be back, Bate wont be thats the latest this morning that I heard

miller's pick up on the members wing in the (3rd?) quarter was brilliant, but then he got lost in what a believe to be our gameplan and handballed it directly in the air. danners should just tell him to kick. i know when i played, i gained a lot of confidence from simply kicking the thing. imagine that pick up, coupled with a turn and kick from which neitz or robbo take the mark, miller's confidence would've gone up like nothing else

miller's pick up on the members wing in the (3rd?) quarter was brilliant, but then he got lost in what a believe to be our gameplan and handballed it directly in the air. danners should just tell him to kick. i know when i played, i gained a lot of confidence from simply kicking the thing. imagine that pick up, coupled with a turn and kick from which neitz or robbo take the mark, miller's confidence would've gone up like nothing else

Yes,the pick up was teriffic and was spoiled by the attempted handball, however a turn and kick would be something someone with confidence would do and he is lacking that in spades. It also doesn't addess the fact that he was 2 metres in the clear and they couldn't hit him on the chest!!

At this stage, and pending fitness:

IN: Yze, Bate, Rivers

OUT: Holland, Miller, Ward

If Sylvia and/or Whelan come up too, then that's great.

I've lamented Brown's disposal for years, but despite numerous clangers he played one of his better games yesterday and threw himself around like a kamikaze, especially in the last quarter. He can stay for now.

i don't think it takes confidence to turn and kick. if he was under instruction to kick he would have done so, regardless. just another example of our overuse of the handball. anybody see dunn in the same quarter streaming down the wing on his own with options up forward, yet his first thought was to turn and look for the handball, when he should have been only thinking of the kick.

I won't be surprised at all if Bizz gets dropped for Rivers.

Also, "only hamstring soreness" is probably nothing for most players, but it's Colin Sylvia; I won't be surprised if he doesnt play for another 3 weeks.

i don't think it takes confidence to turn and kick. if he was under instruction to kick he would have done so, regardless. just another example of our overuse of the handball. anybody see dunn in the same quarter streaming down the wing on his own with options up forward, yet his first thought was to turn and look for the handball, when he should have been only thinking of the kick.

Thank goodness you and others have said that 45hotgod, I have believed that for quite a long time.

When it works it looks pretty good and can be advantageous, but obviously it can be very iffy.

But it is definitely in line with the rest of the hand balling craziness that has been going on of late.

B: BELL, CARROLL, WHELAN

HB: BROWN, RIVERS, BIZZELL

C: JOHNSTONE, MCLEAN, DAVEY

HF: YZE, BATE, PETTARD

F: ROBERTSON, NEITZ, SYLVIA

FOLL: WHITE, BRUCE, MCDONALD

IC: JONES, MOLONEY, GREEN, P.JOHNSON

EMERG: GODFREY, HOLLAND, WARD

Dunn needs to get some proper game time for Sandy.

Frawley was rushed in a bit too quickly he should string some games together for Sandy before he gets another game.

Whelan should get a game in front of Ward.

Rivers should get a game ahead of Holland.

Miller was as useless as ever bring Bate in immediately.

Godfrey is a bit stiff besides his game against the Kangas he has been pretty good. I would prefer him in the team ahead of Green cause I'm sick and tired of Green not hurting anyone when he gets the ball at least Godfrey has some defensive ability but it won't happen. Moloney's injury problems will probably see him play for Sandy if he is fit and they decide to give Godfrey another chance.

This is the current injury list, taken from the AFL site:

Colin Sylvia - Hamstring - Test

Matthew Bate - Hamstring - Test

Adem Yze - Groin - 1-2 weeks

Matthew Whelan - Foot - Test

Clint Bartram - Knee - 2-3 weeks

Ryan Ferguson - Thumb - 3-5 weeks

Jared Rivers - Back - 1-2 weeks

Brent Moloney - Groin - 1-2 weeks

Isaac Weetra - Wrist - 1-2 weeks

Hopefully we can get Whelan, Sylvia and Bate back, but it looks like Rivers, Moloney and Yze are no chance this week.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with Rivers.

He has a back-related hamstring which started life as a simple strain. Seems he's now thinking of calling himself "122".

Has only managed to play 2 in a row once this year.

Source?

The soft tissue injuries are mounting...

i think it said he had a hammy strain on the mfc website, when they mentioned the late changes and on

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/com...5E19769,00.html

IN: as much youngsters as we can play

OUT: all the dead wood like ward, brown

Our season is over and i don't really care if we win, lose or draw. I'm looking forward to seeing this season finish a.s.a.p and us picking up a gun in the draft.

Fingers cross we pick up Kruezer (Northern Knights, Ruckman)

Yze, Rivers, Moloney, and Bartram are all injured while Pickett isn't being considered for selection.

Changes -

Whelan (injury listed as 'test') for Ward

Bate (injury listed as 'test') for Miller //If Bate doesn't come up I'd play Newton instead

Sylvia (injury listed as 'test') for Godfrey

B: Whelan Carroll Bizz

HB:Petterd Holland Bell

C: Johnstone McDonald Bruce

HF: Bate, Robbo, Davey

F: Green, Neitz, Sylvia

R: White McLean Jones

Int: PJ, Dunn, Brown, Frawley(?)

I'd prefer a guy like Brown not play, but he was okay against the Roos and probably don't deserve to be dropped.

While his form doesn't warrant it I'd be happy to give Frawley another crack. I'd rather see him selected over one of the old hands that have little upside/future.

We might be short a runner, but Bartram and Moloney are out and I'm not sure anyone else is demanding selection. Perhaps CJ or Buckley could get a run.

Holland, Miller, Ward, Frawley out

Holland, poor disposal and why bother, he will be gone at the end of the year

Miller - has to learn to kick to a man

Ward - again terrible disposal

Frawley - out of depth, I guess may be worth another go

Pretty sad, we could so easily have been 3-6 now and still a chance in the finals. Another lost year - sigh

i guess i dont really care who plays... alot of players are worthy of a spot.... then their are playrs who are worthy yet at the same time are not .... ie miller .... good start to the season , gettin worse every game....

i just wish everyone who does get a game can play 3 good quarters and maybe 1 bad... instead of 3 bad and 1 good...

having said that...

IN :sylvia , newton, whelan

ward, holland , cant find a 3rd ( so i guess newton is not in)

might even be more objective to actually play him downback ??

i guess i dont really care who plays... alot of players are worthy of a spot.... then their are playrs who are worthy yet at the same time are not .... ie miller .... good start to the season , gettin worse every game....

i just wish everyone who does get a game can play 3 good quarters and maybe 1 bad... instead of 3 bad and 1 good...

having said that...

IN :sylvia , newton, whelan

ward, holland , cant find a 3rd ( so i guess newton is not in)

the third is the obvious one...miller for newton should be the first swap you pencil in. not sure if it will happen, but it should...