NON-MFC: Round 16

5 minutes ago, Satan said:

The 3rd quarter umpiring killed essendon off . 

Struggle to remember what I had for brekky. Will always remember Michael Long's GF coward act on Troy Simmonds. Carry nothing other than ill will towards this club. Like the Scottish play, I choose not to say its name.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 3
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, DemonWA said:

True but were still only out of the 8 on %. If we play like we did last night we'll be in every game that we have left. If we're good enough we'll play finals 

I'm on the bandwagon, don't worry. Just posted about it in another thread. Being 12th and sub-100% right now feels bad, but most of the sides between us and Fremantle are within one win and 10% of us.

The thing about our fixture is that it's full of the classic "8-point game". We play most of the contenders for spots 3-8 on the ladder (Fremantle, Essendon, Dogs, GWS, Port, GC, Collingwood). Almost any win from here on out does double damage in our attempt to make finals (the converse of course is also true, last night being the first example of it).

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Must admit don't watch much of the Bombers but is Harrison Jones worth a thought as a tall forward? Pretty sure he's out of contract. Injury prone it seems but the right age demographic. 

Yeah and I don't think he's been offered a contract yet either.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Dropping last night's game hurts even more now.

Had we won we'd be 6th and sitting just a draw behind Essendon, who are proving themselves to be fraudulent. 7 of their 9 wins are against the bottom 6, and they're being flogged by a side on a 1-6 form run who haven't done almost anything right for two months.

The top 4 itself feels fraudulent with Essendon in it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I hope U2 are not thinking of a come back! Great band but their day is well and truly over. Not sure he ever visited the Bummers. Surely the Bummers still haven't found what they're looking for.

I heard the streets have no name out near the hangar..

• Like 1

So I must confess, I’m watching the Pies/Suns replay now, chiefly, because I want to watch the Pies get done. Possibly a new low. 

That Maynard stage was pathetic. But not as pathetic as the commentary that went with it. Jonathon Brown in his full-grown-toddler way heaping praise on him for “earning a free kick”. [censored] off, bozo. 

• Vomit 1

Yesterday we went 1/5 in terms of results going our way. Fremantle’s shock win over Sydney was absolutely pointless for us.

Although we could possibly overtake Essendon or Collingwood after round 18 if we win the next two, which was the benefit of those 2 clubs losing yesterday.

Hopefully St Kilda do us a favour today.

12 hours ago, DubDee said:

Maynard won’t get fined as it’s exaggerated contact. The AFL hasn’t admitted to itself that this exists in the game. Zero chance Maynard even gets looked at

May got fined as he pretended he hit his head on the ground. He didn’t exaggerate contact that was made

Excuse me, but I think that is a ridiculous distinction.  Surely faking your head was affected is exaggerating the contact.  In any case, Maynard was holding his head when bent over on the ground - wasn't that pretending his head was affected?  Or is there something special about being contacted by the ground rather than someone fist?

Do you have a job with the AFL propaganda department or just hoping for one?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

I'm on the bandwagon, don't worry. Just posted about it in another thread. Being 12th and sub-100% right now feels bad, but most of the sides between us and Fremantle are within one win and 10% of us.

The thing about our fixture is that it's full of the classic "8-point game". We play most of the contenders for spots 3-8 on the ladder (Fremantle, Essendon, Dogs, GWS, Port, GC, Collingwood). Almost any win from here on out does double damage in our attempt to make finals (the converse of course is also true, last night being the first example of it).

surely will depend on if the AFL and umpires want nus in . We are still entertaining, close games are more exciting to non invested fans, so might get the gig. I doubt we would get the commentators loving us if we got last minute wins like the pies last year but......

1 hour ago, sue said:

Excuse me, but I think that is a ridiculous distinction.  Surely faking your head was affected is exaggerating the contact.  In any case, Maynard was holding his head when bent over on the ground - wasn't that pretending his head was affected?  Or is there something special about being contacted by the ground rather than someone fist?

Do you have a job with the AFL propaganda department or just hoping for one?

I don’t believe he’s justifying it but that is absolutely how it gets applied. Cody Wightman and Ginnvan would’ve earnt negative money over the past 3 years if exaggerating contact copped a fine. 

• Like 1

Anyone else notice the massive hit side bottom put on rowell in the last.  

Straight after a centre bounce, levelled him with an elbow/shoulder to the chin head on.  No free kick.  Watched it back again this morning, looks like weeks to me?

About 11mins to go in the last. 

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Anyone else notice the massive hit side bottom put on rowell in the last.  

Straight after a centre bounce, levelled him with an elbow/shoulder to the chin head on.  No free kick.  Watched it back again this morning, looks like weeks to me?

About 11mins to go in the last. 

Saw that, and yep, if it were a middling/little-known player they would most certainly have been made an example of. 

• Like 2

Caught the Kayo highlights of GC Suns v Pies this morning. Maynard, how embarassing and no commentary other that 'he earned a free kick' 🙃

As for Gold Coast versus the MCG, taking the family (wife and daughter, first live game, son comes with me often though) to the 'G on this lovely day, would never trade balmy Gold Coast for a rainy 12° Melbourne day when it is highly probable the Blues will slap the Tigers about today ... I hear microwaving memberships can provide heat on a chilly day 😁

Edited by No. 31
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

I don’t believe he’s justifying it but that is absolutely how it gets applied. Cody Wightman and Ginnvan would’ve earnt negative money over the past 3 years if exaggerating contact copped a fine. 

I think he was justifying it - can't see any other reading of the words, but will take his word if he says he was not doing so. But you are right, that is how it gets applied.