NON-MFC: Round 15

27 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

I always remember when Eddie back in his hot breakfast radio days on mmm said to mick Molloy just wait for the day carlton come good again. It will be unbearable.  

We are now living it.

I always remember how much I never listened to that show.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

So that night we beat Geelong & I thought our season will get going because of how good a team Geelong are, maybe I was wrong & it's disgraceful we only won by 8 points.

So when we beat the top team at 7-0 in their best form you think it was disgraceful we only won by 8 points?

when the Blues and the Lions etc lost to them earlier this season, was that worse than disgraceful?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, gs77 said:

What TF was that Catman [censored] doing in the stands just now?

Idk who tf he is but unless Catman has gained weight, aged considerably and phoned in his makeup, that was someone else. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

numbers are weird

how TF is that possible after thousands of games???

Right???? Not only that, it’s the 6596th unique score! 

50 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Chris Scott giving about 13 years worth of credit to the opposition in his post game presser.

Never heard him so complimentary.

He's reached the "acceptance" phase of his grief journey. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Carlton were amazing tonight, I do not want to play them in the finals.

with this lot - weitering, cripps, walsh, curnow, mckay - now is their time to strike

they remind me so much at our best over the last three years, but with two incredible forward targets

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

with this lot - weitering, cripps, walsh, curnow, mckay - now is their time to strike

they remind me so much at our best over the last three years, but with two incredible forward targets

TdK, Kennedy, Acres … 
And we lost a couple of our best players within two years of our flag. Their window is wide open. Our’s has shut.

9 hours ago, DubDee said:

the Cats are done. 

6 losses from the last 7

Won’t make finals 

They still have 7 games at Kardinia to finish the season Watch this space

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I think it’s more like 4. And two of them are against the Dogs and Hawthorn who aren’t exactly mug sides.

Yep, they've hardly been menacing at home this year.

If they really need Danger and Hawkins to do anything then they're no better than the person who hangs out for pension day.

On 18/06/2024 at 16:25, Clintosaurus said:

Ashcroft no doubt be pretty rusty I would expect. We'll beat them anyway.

Surely no sane selection committee would select a player straight into the firsts after a long layoff 🙄😮

11 hours ago, Monbon said:

Just tuned in to AFL News and saw the clip where the Carlton De Koenig gives away two free kicks against his brother, neither paid, and De Koenig of Carlton is designated as 'The winner'. I am so fast losing faith in this game called AFL...

Is that the same de Koenig who kneed Max in the head from behind in a ruck contest - “play on”?

11 hours ago, BoBo said:

Play on. Siren goes. Still a goal.

LOL

Only emphasizes the lack of knowledge of the rules by the part time umpires. 

11 hours ago, No. 31 said:

However, the reverse of say 5.11 was a not uncommon scoring dynamic for the Blues in the last few seasons. Accuracy has definitely improved this season! The Blues have worked very hard on their forward set-up, collectively and individually. Simon Goodwin, take notes!

Perhaps they have a forward coach who understands forward play and structure. Who do they have in that role?

10 hours ago, Brownie said:

Geez Norf supporters would be vomiting at that 50 to Carlton 

And of course there will be atonement for that error made up in spades tonight 😡

We now have the media's next clickbait story to replace the Dees as next weeks topic.

The demise of Geelong is now official and is this a result of poor culture?

Unless there's another umpiring howler of course, like Camerons goal last night at half time

26 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

We now have the media's next clickbait story to replace the Dees as next weeks topic.

The demise of Geelong is now official and is this a result of poor culture?

Unless there's another umpiring howler of course, like Camerons goal last night at half time

I was about to start a post about why the media only focuses on Melbourne: surely the problems at Catland deserve more attention.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, Kent said:

They still have 7 games at Kardinia to finish the season Watch this space

their record at home is 2-2 this season. wins against North and Saints only. 

put a fork in them

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Monbon said:

I was about to start a post about why the media only focuses on Melbourne: surely the problems at Catland deserve more attention.

The Cats will get respectful coverage

if we only won 1 game from 7 it would be wild speculation/ crisis at MFC/ who will be sacked coverage

Edited by DubDee
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

Perhaps they have a forward coach who understands forward play and structure. Who do they have in that role?

Jordan Russell

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1492990

But I think having a few seasons of the same group together to build cohesion and Harry McKay sorting out his set shot kicking have been important factors.

Jack Martin, Jessie Motlop and Matt Cottrell are still yet to come back to this foward line as well mind you. There may be a fight for spots coming up, good problem to have.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DubDee said:

The Cats will get respectful coverage

if we only won 1 game from 7 it would be wild speculation/ crisis at MFC/ who will be sacked coverage

Too many mates in the media to ever be scrutinised seriously.

• Like 1