Gerard Whateley on Petracca incident

9 hours ago, deespicable me said:

I was very interested to see the fall out from Moore's use of his knee as a weapon. Anyone who thinks Moore didn't know what he was doing or that he didn't know where his knee was going is being naive in my opinion. They practice using their knee and jumping into a bag all the time at training. I don't think he wanted to end Petracca's season but he certainly aimed to hurt.

It was a follow up to last years Maynard "dog" act. This was the first time we had played since then and even though Melbourne's focus was lost by it's pathetic effort the week before Collingwood's wasn't. One of Moore's generals had been called to account and the Collingwood Captain was going to back him up to the hilt.

This was an act of war. Collingwood won the war again and we didn't even know it was a war. We have come out looking like fools. Again. If we are to survive as a team in this era of potential greatness we have to realise whats going on. I am really only interested in one more match for the rest of the year. Round 24 against Collingwood. 

They have done it to us again. We have let it be done to us again. Until we beat Collingwood and physically beat Collingwood, we will never be any good again. Basic combat warfare.

Come on Goodwin, get your head out of the "woe is me" [censored] and get us up for one game.

Gee dont mention War around here, people might get offended! 

• Facepalm 2

11 hours ago, deespicable me said:

They have done it to us again. We have let it be done to us again. Until we beat Collingwood and physically beat Collingwood, we will never be any good again. Basic combat warfare.

You do realise we beat Collingwood in last years QB match?

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

52 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Don't ruin the Eeyore narrative. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, deespicable me said:

This was an act of war. Collingwood won the war again and we didn't even know it was a war. We have come out looking like fools. Again. If we are to survive as a team in this era of potential greatness we have to realise whats going on. I am really only interested in one more match for the rest of the year. Round 24 against Collingwood.

A really pathetic hysterical statement.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

18 hours ago, Biffen said:

Whateley makes me physically ill.

He's a creepy ,spineless little blowfly and I can't really watch or listen to him.

Don't know why.

He just creeps me out.

I know it's irrational but thats the truth.

Coulrophobia!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Biffen said:

Whateley makes me physically ill.

He's a creepy ,spineless little blowfly and I can't really watch or listen to him.

Don't know why.

He just creeps me out.

I know it's irrational but thats the truth.

😂😂😂 Nailed it! What a great description 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Yeah I do and I was bouyed by that win. Similar to the win against Geelong this year. We've fallen a long way since those heady days. What I didn't take into account was the point WCW made as to what were the Brayshaws wishes. This may have clouded our judgement to go in so soft. Combined with the Fremantle loss maybe we needed a reset.

But I still maintain Moore knew what he was doing and we've been handed a lesson by Collingwood, and if we don't learn from that lesson we stand for nothing. In these situations we really miss both Brayshaw and Hibberd. We really miss hard men.

1 hour ago, drysdale demon said:

A really pathetic hysterical statement.

It was emotional I agree. But to keep it in context, we are a shell of what we were and a team that has a hard edge. It has taken a while to come to light but every good team has a group of hard men who when the fights break out, when the physicality crosses the line, they come to the fore rallying the flag.

I don't want to single out one player and pick on him but in this case I will. Bowie. Since Bowie has come back into the team we have hardly won a game. I understand the model that says we want class off the half back line, but with our team this isn't working. Look at our strength versus weight body index. We are too light. We have got our recruiting wrong. Billings, McAdam, Bowie, Fullarton, Shache. These are all players who lack grunt in the contest. On top of that we have a number of similar players within the team. Bowie, Petty, Windsor, Howes to name a few. It is a balance. I'm not calling for any of those players to be dropped necessarily but you have to have the grunt players to keep it in balance. We don't. And until we redress that imbalance we are always going to get beaten by teams that go to war with us physically. Collingwood understand this. They are a dirty team. Until we get a team that can physically stand up to them we wont win anything.

If Goodwin can get it together for that one game, round 24 and topple the Pies and maybe do enough damage to stop them winning this years flag, then that will be enough for me. Because our list says we have forgotten about the art of war.

• Love 2

On 16/06/2024 at 13:32, deespicable me said:

It was emotional I agree. But to keep it in context, we are a shell of what we were and a team that has a hard edge. It has taken a while to come to light but every good team has a group of hard men who when the fights break out, when the physicality crosses the line, they come to the fore rallying the flag.

I don't want to single out one player and pick on him but in this case I will. Bowie. Since Bowie has come back into the team we have hardly won a game. I understand the model that says we want class off the half back line, but with our team this isn't working. Look at our strength versus weight body index. We are too light. We have got our recruiting wrong. Billings, McAdam, Bowie, Fullarton, Shache. These are all players who lack grunt in the contest. On top of that we have a number of similar players within the team. Bowie, Petty, Windsor, Howes to name a few. It is a balance. I'm not calling for any of those players to be dropped necessarily but you have to have the grunt players to keep it in balance. We don't. And until we redress that imbalance we are always going to get beaten by teams that go to war with us physically. Collingwood understand this. They are a dirty team. Until we get a team that can physically stand up to them we wont win anything.

If Goodwin can get it together for that one game, round 24 and topple the Pies and maybe do enough damage to stop them winning this years flag, then that will be enough for me. Because our list says we have forgotten about the art of war.

Bowey has been a defensive problem for years. Even when we were strong he was the weak link in defensive 1v1s. 

Bizarre they keep him down there when we have an obvious need for his natural skills up the ground.

• Like 1

Play Bowzer forward in place of Chandler, wont happen coz Goody is so one dimensional, shhheit wish I was coaching Dees it would be like Russian Roulette crossed with a Game of Monopoly with a touch of Star Trek tossed in! 😇🤩😎

• Clap 1

21 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Play Bowzer forward in place of Chandler, wont happen coz Goody is so one dimensional, shhheit wish I was coaching Dees it would be like Russian Roulette crossed with a Game of Monopoly with a touch of Star Trek tossed in! 😇🤩😎

I am glad you are not, you would have lost the players in pre season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

War? Dear me what century are you living in, fights?...........do you mean contested football which we have prided ourselves on previously, we have a few players out of form, Bowie, Oliver, Petty. Chandler....... changes will be made, move on to the next game. And your knock on Windsor is laughable, an 18yr old without an AFL hardened body who is trying his guts out on the wing each week. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I am glad you are not, you would have lost the players in pre season. 

Nar mate, after a zillion years managing people, I KNOW WHAT WORKS😇🤩😆😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

In some weird way, somehow MFC are the real villains of an injury one of our players sustained due to someone else's knee.

The story isnt the knee being lifted when attempting to spoil for no obvious reason (or maybe...), or that in the last two games against Collingwood one of our players has sustained catastrophic injuries, the story is that somehow MFC are at fault for not overruling a player's urge to go back on the ground. 

That being said most of these media outrages are just tame distractions from a sychophantic brigade that would be too scared to say anything controversial. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Good observation.
I thought Bowey was going to be a massive loss in the early rounds but it turns out the only part of the season where we’ve been decent was in his absence.

Not sure if it’s a coincidence or if he’s providing nothing to the side.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Good observation.
I thought Bowey was going to be a massive loss in the early rounds but it turns out the only part of the season where we’ve been decent was in his absence.

Not sure if it’s a coincidence or if he’s providing nothing to the side.

I also noticed this.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Norm Smith's Curse said:

In some weird way, somehow MFC are the real villains of an injury one of our players sustained due to someone else's knee.

The story isnt the knee being lifted when attempting to spoil for no obvious reason (or maybe...), or that in the last two games against Collingwood one of our players has sustained catastrophic injuries, the story is that somehow MFC are at fault for not overruling a player's urge to go back on the ground. 

That being said most of these media outrages are just tame distractions from a sychophantic brigade that would be too scared to say anything controversial. 

Frame this post 

• Thanks 1

From Trac’s own version, they did not know about th internal injuries until his Hb started dropping in hospital, requiring a second scan to find the issue.  It moved him from a 3/10 to a 10/10 trauma wise.

There could be no way anyone at the club, Trac, an external doctor or any media show pony could have know or even guessed.

So, everyone can hop off and get F*ed.  Get well soon to Trac is all people should say.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

34 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

From Trac’s own version, they did not know about th internal injuries until his Hb started dropping in hospital, requiring a second scan to find the issue.  It moved him from a 3/10 to a 10/10 trauma wise.

There could be no way anyone at the club, Trac, an external doctor or any media show pony could have know or even guessed.

So, everyone can hop off and get F*ed.  Get well soon to Trac is all people should say.

Nar mate u are well of with this, with Ribs it is ALWAYS ,adopt WORSE CASE SCENARIO, I know coz i had similiar and grade 1 and thought it worse pain ever, tried to run and even that HURT to the shizzen! 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

13 hours ago, picket fence said:

If you were we would be relegated to the Managantan 2's very quickly.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

I think supporting the club also means admitting when we get things wrong, clearly we've made a huge mistake in the handling of this situation. I think the opportunistic media are very good at piling on with the benefit of hindsight but i also think we perhaps deserve it a little bit. 

Even the Collingwood players were shocked he was allowed back out on the field, but somehow our medical team cleared him? i don't get it, this mistake had the potential to be career ending or worse and i think Tracs family have every right to be as upset at the club as they are.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

I think supporting the club also means admitting when we get things wrong, clearly we've made a huge mistake in the handling of this situation. I think the opportunistic media are very good at piling on with the benefit of hindsight but i also think we perhaps deserve it a little bit. 

Even the Collingwood players were shocked he was allowed back out on the field, but somehow our medical team cleared him? i don't get it, this mistake had the potential to be career ending or worse and i think Tracs family have every right to be as upset at the club as they are.  

Who said the Collingwood players were shocked....oh the media again.....who said Tracs family are upset....oh the media again............

• Like 4
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1