POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

3 minutes ago, BoBo said:

Ah ok I see. Nothing to point to except me directly responding to something you said. Which is the very point of my post.

I eagerly wait for you to explain how this is hypocrisy on my part.

conveys cowardice, that's not taking a dig, binman can defend jimself if he wants to...

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We shouldn’t have let players go, so easily, thinking that Gus was going to play again.

Do you mean Harmes? Who played 9 games last year.. or do you mean Jordon who we didn’t trade and left as an unrestricted free agent? 

38 minutes ago, 48 Year Now said:

Trac waving his arms in frustration with someone was unusual.

Yeah, After he was chasing 3 free players by himself as they handball around him with no support.   That is what he cracked it, he was there, but no one else over the help.  That is why we got pumped today, that mindset. 

• Like 6

Just now, demon3165 said:

conveys cowardice, that's not taking a dig, binman can defend jimself if he wants to...

So you cannot demonstrate:

1. Me invoking another members name in the form of criticism without responding to them directly like I did in the case of YOU.

and

2. any kind of hypocrisy on my behalf.

So you have absolutely no logical response except to again invoke binmans name, without addressing him directly again, which was the very point of my initial comment. 

Cowardice and now just a joke because you by yourself proved my initial point… twice.

Incredible.

A few weeks into the season players were celebrating Trac spoiling a ball. Now, 
50/50 games shouldn’t turn into 15 goal losses. 
WTF happened today?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

58 minutes ago, Die Hard Demon said:

Great observation. I’ve been thinking along these lines for some time now. I think it has a LOT to do with the game plan. ‘Contest’ + ‘Defense’. The players have lost their creativity & flair which would be a bi-product of an attacking game plan. Which we do not have. Players are tired & bored of the same negative mindset. 

I have said this for some time, although I have to say that they looked like they were having fun earlier in the season. Before that, they spent ‘22 and ‘23 looking as if they had the weight of the world on their shoulders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Do you mean Harmes? Who played 9 games last year.. or do you mean Jordon who we didn’t trade and left as an unrestricted free agent? 

Grundy and Jordon, we let go far too easily  I said it a few weeks ago, Angus wasn’t going to play again, his past history told us that  

Harmes was a different situation, but including Brayshaw that is 4 Senior Spots gone, that we have not been able to fill

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BW511 said:

I’ve always believed we had a gameplan that was built around our core group (Oliver/Trac/Viney/Max/Lever and May).

It was about maximising the ability of that group by not asking them to make decisions, not asking them to hit precise targets and not asking them to be quick and agile. We had big bulls and played accordingly.

Now that the football world has moved on, we are suddenly asking those players to become something they haven’t been for 4-5 years and in some cases, their entire careers.

They look devoid of confidence, they look confused and they definitely cannot consistently do what is being asked of them. This is a group that commands a huge chunk of our salary each year and they are currently being paid to be utterly lost.

Utterly lost. I’d agree with that. I think we are wasting Petraccas career. If Collingwood end up bottom 6, I’d float a trade. Petracca is captain coach material, and he looks fed up playing under Goodwin. We need to bring some youth in. We have Windsor - and should’ve had Wilson - but we need to replenish. Our list is overrated, and our coach is just hopeless tactically. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, demon3165 said:

Well one will expect a more determined side against the pies who while under manned will be having a good crack but it is a chance to go with them.

Well after that putrid performance of course!

The filth always bring manic white line effort and grunt at the footy.  Sometimes that's the main difference between two fairly even teams (on paper) on any particular day/night.

And that's the big diff between us and them right now and has been since at least 2017.  They even beat us in our flag year up at the Gabba in one of Buckley's last coaching gigs if i'm correct.

You can be sure the Pies will bring maximum effort / attack on KB.  But you canna trust this particular team to bring any particular level of footy quarter by quarter, let alone week to week so far in 2024.

They may for a few quarters or...they may not.  Or they might produce just one lousy quarter.  Or maybe three beauties.  But rarely a four quarter special performance that indicates Prelim final footy and integrity against quality opposition.

We also have too many players who are picking and choosing in the effort / attack stakes.  That's a huge moral sapper and doesn't sit well with me at all.  I can only imagine what some of the regular performers and senior leaders might be thinking of their efforts.

Goodwin really has to demand better and if they don't bring it, banish them for a long stint at Casey and potential redemption.  But a real redemption where they truly earn the right to come back.  If they don't then so be it.  They stay there and get traded or delisted at year's end.

If you want a successful club culture and team, year after year, effort has to be a non negotiable!  Simon's a little too nice and chummy since 2021 imho.  I'm still wondering where the ruthless Simon of late 2020 went to!??

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Grundy and Jordon, we let go far too easily  I said it a few weeks ago, Angus wasn’t going to play again, his past history told us that  

Harmes was a different situation, but including Brayshaw that is 4 Senior Spots gone, that we have not been able to fill

Were we going to play Grundy on the wing instead of Gus? If not then not sure he’s relevant to the discussion. Jordon as I said left as a free agent so it wasn’t up to us, whether Gus played again or not. 

Just now, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Were we going to play Grundy on the wing instead of Gus? If not then not sure he’s relevant to the discussion. Jordon as I said left as a free agent so it wasn’t up to us, whether Gus played again or not. 

We had to find a way to keep those players, and we didn’t 

thus we are here now….

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

If Jordon had been getting full games it might have made a difference but that's in the past.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

If Jordon had been getting full games it might have made a difference but that's in the past.

My point exactly. Lots of people using 20/20 hindsight on drafting and trading but missing critical points. 

Shafting Gus was never going to happen.

Even if it did happen we weren’t keeping Jordon as he had an offer from the swans to play regular game time and was taking it. He would not be a walk up start if he’d stayed given we had Windsor coming in and Billings (yes people may pretend they knew Billings was going to be a dud but that wasn’t clear at the time, we brought him in to play 1s). 

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We had to find a way to keep those players, and we didn’t 

thus we are here now….

Grundy, Harmes and Jordon are not why we are where we are now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if something was going on in the club. Our midfield is so out of sorts not even bad form is enough to explain it.

What ever it is, the leadership group need to take hold, bridge all gaps, reunite the group, find that mojo. I don’t think they’ll be able to hide it for too much longer if it’s something of substance - these things have a way of leaking and a belting will only make things move a little quicker.

Seems a fair comment and yes it’s weird one.

is it Clarry? fitness issues selection of players through form or fitness.? 
Our players look out of sorts at the moment, 

Any thing else going on? 
Are any of our good insiders got any mail what’s going on if so please allude or hint if possible.? 

This result in a game has been coming since the Brisbane flop. 
Maybe WCW knows something ? 
Anyone got any goss? 

please tell or maybe thoughts? 

8 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

My point exactly. Lots of people using 20/20 hindsight on drafting and trading but missing critical points. 

Shafting Gus was never going to happen.

Even if it did happen we weren’t keeping Jordon as he had an offer from the swans to play regular game time and was taking it. He would not be a walk up start if he’d stayed given we had Windsor coming in and Billings (yes people may pretend they knew Billings was going to be a dud but that wasn’t clear at the time, we brought him in to play 1s). 

Grundy, Harmes and Jordon are not why we are where we are now. 

It’s definitely part of the reason, and i am sure there are many more 

Today was a complete shutdown 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I realized that after losing to Brisbane on the ‘G

Because they are done, we should have smashed them to pieces, if we were serious. 
We were owned…

2 hours ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

It sounded to me like players aren’t doing what they’re supposed to be doing and he doesn’t know why they aren’t - makes me think some have dropped their bundle or there’s something else going on. The list hasn’t suddenly got this much worse, there’s some not pulling their weight

The above...

Something is really NQR behind the four walls imho.

That should've been a solid win.  We were all set coming in from a 7 day break after two fabulous wins against the SA mob and we then dished up the most meek mild game i've seen live in many years.

Inexplicable unless.we are still having issues with coming in to a game as favourites and the expecation that comes with it.  Surely we're past that now!?

If we are then i could be wrong but my gut feel tells me somethings afoot at Demon HQ.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)

Let's face it it doesn't matter what happens we need a rebuild. 2 years earlier than I expected. The club has had problems all year. We are going nowhere with this team. Woeful recruiting since the premiership win. Hunter, McAdam, Billings and Fullerton to name a few. I can understand Hunter in the premiership window but the rest were just stupid picks. Billings may have had one good year years ago and McAdam is overrated for the performances he has shown and Fullerton aint a ruckman or a forward he shouldn't be behind Verrall as the number 1 reserves ruckman if he is to help out Max. We are fooked.

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 48 Year Now said:

It was sadly all over for him on the night of the Collingwood game. So I would assume we would have got another pick or kept Jordan, no star but getting a game with the top side.

Was b not over then you are incorrect in that statement.

as one of our better informed D/L has posted the new evidence bought forward just before the season starting was the major blow with a review that also  found that he should place his health as a priority. 
if you knew this then you should be running the country and coaching is at the same time sir. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 58er said:

Was b not over then you are incorrect in that statement.

as one of our better informed D/L has posted the new evidence bought forward just before the season starting was the major blow with a review that also  found that he should place his health as a priority. 
if you knew this then you should be running the country and coaching is at the same time sir. 

But the club and Gus himself thought he could play this year it was only after tests that he decided to retire. 

Posted (edited)

Ah Demonland post loss.
Get tired of dissecting the game and then turn on each other.

I've just dropped by to declare my disgust before bed as I prepare to face the clowns at work in the morning.
But hey, done it most my life so I'll just chuckle, agree the Dees are a joke and move on.
Gonna be in a world of pain when Tassie comes in.
But hey, done that a few times before too eh.

Chins up folks.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 2

Getting weird in here, guys. 

I missed the game because my mum had a health scare and I was in the emergency ward with her all afternoon. 

Turns out I had a better afternoon than anyone who watched the game. 

(She’s ok, btw). 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Mel Bourne said:

Getting weird in here, guys. 

I missed the game because my mum had a health scare and I was in the emergency ward with her all afternoon. 

Turns out I had a better afternoon than anyone who watched the game. 

(She’s ok, btw). 

It is isn’t it? And who’s making it weird? I’m sorry your mum had a health scare, hope she’s ok.

Edited by BoBo