Good news week (positive news only)

Blue sky outlook 

Round zero 2024 

1. Blake Howes debut. Whilst drafted as an attacking wing/half forward, Howes played an excellent game as a mid sized defender. He won 1-1 duals, was composed with the footy and marked well under pressure. Howes showed with a big pre season and injury free run, he’s a future player. 👏👏👏

2. Caleb Windsor debut. Our second debutant.  Again showed quality with his run and carry.  Will add much needed pace to the midfield. 👏👏👏

3. Bailey Fritsch.  4 goals. Mostly accurate except for an early miss. Looked like a forward with movement and desire to kick a goal. 👏👏👏

4. Jack Viney. Beast mode.  30 possessions. 14 contested possessions. 7 tackles. 2 goals. Huge game. Huge heart.  👏👏👏

5. Clarry. After the summer dramas, it was great to see him back on field.  30 possessions.  Will get better with fitness base. Hopefully he’s back to enjoying the game.  👏👏👏

And finally. Kozzzzzy is back for round 1. 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 5
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Blue sky outlook 

Round zero 2024 

1. Blake Howes debut. Whilst drafted as an attacking wing/half forward, Howes played an excellent game as a mid sized defender. He won 1-1 duals, was composed with the footy and marked well under pressure. Howes showed with a big pre season and injury free run, he’s a future player. 👏👏👏

2. Caleb Windsor debut. Our second debutant.  Again showed quality with his run and carry.  Will add much needed pace to the midfield. 👏👏👏

3. Bailey Fritsch.  4 goals. Mostly accurate except for an early miss. Looked like a forward with movement and desire to kick a goal. 👏👏👏

4. Jack Viney. Beast mode.  30 possessions. 14 contested possessions. 7 tackles. 2 goals. Huge game. Huge heart.  👏👏👏

5. Clarry. After the summer dramas, it was great to see him back on field.  30 possessions.  Will get better with fitness base. Hopefully he’s back to enjoying the game.  👏👏👏

And finally. Kozzzzzy is back for round 1. 🤩🤩🤩

I thought May was pretty solid as well with the exception of a couple of shaky moments 

• Like 7

Well done Spirit of Norm Smith.

Yes, it's time to reset.

Its always a tough gig up there. Made harder by Sydney's history in the game and record crowd.

We will respond.

Also I think clubs having a game up their sleeve have an advantage over the other first gamers this round. ( Whatever it's called).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed Kev Martin’s Training Report yesterday, majority of our players trained hard, it’s much cooler this morning, the gardeners have turned up to mow the lawns, looking forward to Sundays game, thank goodness it is an early start, my wife will get home in time for MAF’s, Idol and whatever, humidity should be low although forecast 29oC. Looking forward to seeing if the MCG surface is still in one piece for our game……………..!! Not reading any media garbage. 🤣

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Well done Spirit of Norm Smith.

Yes, it's time to reset.

Its always a tough gig up there. Made harder by Sydney's history in the game and record crowd.

We will respond.

Also I think clubs having a game up their sleeve have an advantage over the other first gamers this round. ( Whatever it's called).

Dees must come out like beasts on Sunday against the dogs. Sidee game is history now but we have the advantage of matchplay under our belt ,they dont.

Mupp this and our season is going to be bog ordinary.

Wont happen. Hit em hard.

• Like 2

I’m going to be a grandmother! 🥳

• Like 14
  • Love 21
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 10
  • Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Enjoyed Kev Martin’s Training Report yesterday, majority of our players trained hard, it’s much cooler this morning, the gardeners have turned up to mow the lawns, looking forward to Sundays game, thank goodness it is an early start, my wife will get home in time for MAF’s, Idol and whatever, humidity should be low although forecast 29oC. Looking forward to seeing if the MCG surface is still in one piece for our game……………..!! Not reading any media garbage. 🤣

Good to see you up and about WCW, glad you made it home from that Hell hole OK.😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

This thread isn't for me 😂

It sure is for me!!!!!

Be off with you then!

Roost yerself far, very far. 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, biggestred said:

defense held up very well except when the ball came in on the deck and slippery.

sydney are a top 4 side IMHO (or close to) and we wont be the only ones who get beaten up there.

collingwood lost

I think that point got lost in the wash.

A few posters disrespected Sydney post game by saying we lost to a team that aren't even good, which is wrong IMO.

Post game I thought that the only VIC team that would have beaten Sydney was Collingwood and given Collingwood's lethargic performance on the weekend, I doubt they would have either. 

In reality, who would have beaten Sydney on the weekend? Perhaps GWS.

In hindsight it was a terribly tough fixture given the humidity and I sincerely hope we won't be fixtured in this game next year. 4 points are too valuable to throw away because we can't handle adverse conditions.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m going to be a grandmother! 🥳

Congratulations WCW grand parenting is easier and much more enjoyable than parenting, you can spoil them with a clear conscience and hand them back to mum and dad, knowing the you will always be their favourite. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Congratulations WCW grand parenting is easier and much more enjoyable than parenting, you can spoil them with a clear conscience and hand them back to mum and dad, knowing the you will always be their favourite. 

Thank you, DZ. But because they live in Poland I’ll not be able to hold the little bundle of joy probs until mid next year when they visit Aus. All good though, meantime I’ll be spoiling and fawning from afar. 😅

My son and his partner aren’t into footy at all. But of course they know how much I adore our beloved Dees. Last night I told them I’m gonna buy MFC and DA membership for the yet-to-be-born little one. My son’s reply…

7736845A-70ED-4BEA-B660-4D09B74355D2.thumb.jpeg.000b52d8011c2ddc9a159eb9cc0fd8da.jpeg

Funny [censored]-er, isn’t he. 🙄 

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 1

36 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

My parents were wonderful.

They would load my kids up with as many sugar treats as possible all day and then hand them back over around dinner time.

Oh what happy memories.

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

33 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thank you, DZ. But because they live in Poland I’ll not be able to hold the little bundle of joy probs until mid next year when they visit Aus. All good though, meantime I’ll be spoiling and fawning from afar. 😅

My son and his partner aren’t into footy at all. But of course they know how much I adore our beloved Dees. Last night I told them I’m gonna buy MFC and DA membership for the yet-to-be-born little one. My son’s reply…

7736845A-70ED-4BEA-B660-4D09B74355D2.thumb.jpeg.000b52d8011c2ddc9a159eb9cc0fd8da.jpeg

Least it's not Essendon.

• Clap 2

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I think that point got lost in the wash.

A few posters disrespected Sydney post game by saying we lost to a team that aren't even good, which is wrong IMO.

Post game I thought that the only VIC team that would have beaten Sydney was Collingwood and given Collingwood's lethargic performance on the weekend, I doubt they would have either. 

In reality, who would have beaten Sydney on the weekend? Perhaps GWS.

In hindsight it was a terribly tough fixture given the humidity and I sincerely hope we won't be fixtured in this game next year. 4 points are too valuable to throw away because we can't handle adverse conditions.

I think your spot on about Sydney.

I think they are very good team.

They knocked us out us in 22 and have drafted very well since.

We beat them up there last year with a much better fwd line with milkshake in great form.

Our fwd line is totally missing and selection wasn't great.

We just need a couple of talls back and several of our known players to lift.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Get in first!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Goody and McQualter doing lots of talking at training. 

Tomlinson playing good footy.

Windsor straight into the side and holding his spot.

Howes can play.

Other 1st years and young ones pushing for selection. 

Lever and May still strong.

Salem showing good signs as a mid.

Fritsch keeps on rolling.

Viney still getting better.

New ruck rules should help Max.

Petty nearly ready.

Clarry has more upside.

ANB again under the radar.

We are due a win, time for the G to be a fortress, go Dees.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Goody and McQualter doing lots of talking at training. 

Tomlinson playing good footy.

Windsor straight into the side and holding his spot.

Howes can play.

Other 1st years and young ones pushing for selection. 

Lever and May still strong.

Salem showing good signs as a mid.

Fritsch keeps on rolling.

Viney still getting better.

New ruck rules should help Max.

Petty nearly ready.

Clarry has more upside.

ANB again under the radar.

We are due a win, time for the G to be a fortress, go Dees.

Tommo was good v Swan's.

Clarry so much better for the game time.

Jv in beast mode first game.

May in good touch.

We need a few like Lever, Rivers, Anb and Langers to find their old form.

Salo in the middle is good but not sure if he has the strength for the whole game. Perhaps Kozzie will rotate with him.

Someone other than Scache up fwd and we will improve.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Obviously you need to go to Kew.

Don't think Sydney are that good but, it was up there in stinking hot weather, they ran it out we did not.

It will happen to other sides up there.

Thought Howes had an ordinary start but after 1/4 time got better and better, I thought on the day he shaded Windsor  who I had hoped would really shine.

And CO13 was almost back to his self enjoying his footy.

A different game this Sunday   Go Dees

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Let me drop off something on your behalf when I'm there in June and bring back you some vodka in July (not if you're doing dry-July though 😁).

• Like 1
  • Love 3