Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


PRESEASON TRAINING: Closed Sessions at Casey until 2024


Demonland

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Makes sense it's behind locked doors. Cos the rest of the comp has know idea about our ineptitude inside F50.

Now we know we have no idea 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, D Rev said:

It's a reflection of how many games we have to play next year.  Injury and fitness are more important than ever.

I think La Dee-vina is wondering what Ralphy finds so exciting about Dees vs Blues in particular. I too wonder what’s so remarkable about this matchup that it warrants not one but two exclamation marks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

'Closed sessions' mean nothing to our intrepid Pulitzer Prize winning reporter @picket fence !!!

Spying Dont Look GIF by Nickelodeon

THE MAN FROM UNCLE

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

Yes let’s hope so. Although my observations, admittedly from when I was a regular track watcher, say up to 2020, the training day game plan practised didn’t always resemble the game day plan executed! At practice at least when I was there, the ball movement is constant and players are taking every opportunity & risk to switch play to find the next target forward. It’s great to watch at practice and for a sublime period of time in the second half of 2021 it appeared in all its beauty on successive game days right up to the GF win! 
 

Since then it’s been long stretches in games of one dimensional down the line delivery, muscling it over the boundary then push slowly forward, bombing it in to a crowded forward line but I am sure they still move the ball sublimely at practice. 

Well I hope they change the game plan the last 2 years of it was our down fall.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Demon3165 Was it our game plan or our inability to implement it, ie, take advantage of all those extra I50’s that we generated  but failed to capitalise on, we’re the misses due to fatigue opposition pressure or missing talent.? Bringing in McQualter plus additional quality forwards should smarten up our F50 entries.!

Edited by DeeZone
Added new talent
  • Like 5
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DeeZone said:

Demon3165 Was it our game plan or our inability to implement it, ie, take advantage of all those extra I50’s that we generated  but failed to capitalise on, we’re the misses due to fatigue opposition pressure or missing talent.? Bringing in McQualter plus additional quality forwards should smarten up our F50 entries.!

In 21 the game plan was contested football bring the ball down boundary side contest to contest worked well, we then went into 22 with the same plan and if you look it up I said after i think it was round 10 we would not win the flag with that forward set up said the same thing about not winning the flag in 23, sides figured us out but we kept doing the same thing. 

Which brings me to your second point we did not have any contested forwards to play that type of game plan regarding forward entries, so if it was our inability to execute the game plan who's fault is it then as they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, remember we 69 entries into the forward line against the pies to 37 what does that tell you?

Whilst adding Billings, Fullerton and McAdam should help I hope Goodwin changes how we move the ball forward I also hope he uses Kossie in a different way and by that I mean like the pies used Hill and Elliot, he goes no further than the half forward line full stop and then leads back and stop trying to take mark of the year all the time.

We have a great backline strong midfield but need an outside runner as we are one paced there, Langdon and Hunter need to get away from playing boundary side and create more inside run. but thats the game plan at the moment and I hope it changes and i'm sure it will.

In closing we create enough forward entries to win games but need to change how we go about it to win the next flag.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

In 21 the game plan was contested football bring the ball down boundary side contest to contest worked well, we then went into 22 with the same plan and if you look it up I said after i think it was round 10 we would not win the flag with that forward set up said the same thing about not winning the flag in 23, sides figured us out but we kept doing the same thing. 

Which brings me to your second point we did not have any contested forwards to play that type of game plan regarding forward entries, so if it was our inability to execute the game plan who's fault is it then as they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, remember we 69 entries into the forward line against the pies to 37 what does that tell you?

Whilst adding Billings, Fullerton and McAdam should help I hope Goodwin changes how we move the ball forward I also hope he uses Kossie in a different way and by that I mean like the pies used Hill and Elliot, he goes no further than the half forward line full stop and then leads back and stop trying to take mark of the year all the time.

We have a great backline strong midfield but need an outside runner as we are one paced there, Langdon and Hunter need to get away from playing boundary side and create more inside run. but thats the game plan at the moment and I hope it changes and i'm sure it will.

In closing we create enough forward entries to win games but need to change how we go about it to win the next flag.

 

 

 

It tells me that we didn't have a forward line. We lost Petty and Melky before the finals, and we lost Gus in the first few minutes, so Tracc was forced to play more minutes in the midfield rather than take a leading role forward. It got worse for the Carlton game when we lost JVR. If these players had been available, I think we would have defeated the Pies and we would not be having this conversation about our gameplan.

  • Like 6
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


30 minutes ago, djr said:

It tells me that we didn't have a forward line. We lost Petty and Melky before the finals, and we lost Gus in the first few minutes, so Tracc was forced to play more minutes in the midfield rather than take a leading role forward. It got worse for the Carlton game when we lost JVR. If these players had been available, I think we would have defeated the Pies and we would not be having this conversation about our gameplan.

Good teams make changes and by the way we didn't beat the pies and we are.

Edited by demon3165
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Good teams make changes and by the way we didn't beat the pies and we are.

Good teams make little changes to their gameplan(s). They back their system over the opposition. That is why we don't have taggers in the game anymore. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, djr said:

Good teams make little changes to their gameplan(s). They back their system over the opposition. That is why we don't have taggers in the game anymore. 

Hate to tell you good teams make changes when they have to we one a flag in 21 and was bundled out in 22 and 23 in straight sets so do you think they will go with the exact game plan next year then?

Edited by demon3165
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I've been down to a couple of training sessions including Monday's, I enjoy watching the boys do their time trials but really it's not as indicative as some might think.  Trac struggles in the time trials because of his physique but that doesn't mean anything.

The younger boys, particularly the talls struggled.  Adams and Verrell were examples of this.  Sestan is not a natural athlete but is working hard on his fitness by the look of things as is Jefferson.  For a bloke of Tomlinson's size his running is outstanding.  He ran with Nibbler until there was about a lap and a half to go and then just went.  I thought he was on his last half lap when he broke away but no.  He was so strong and was really impressive.  But that doesn't mean he's a different footballer to last year, he's just an outstanding athlete.

When I go to these sessions I'm really only interested in the young blokes because in the main that's where the improvement will come from but it's such early days it's not really realistic to take much away. But in the wet last week I was impressed with how good the ball handling was from all players.  Verrell did some impressive stuff below his knees and it just shows he's got some skills which are rare in big men.  He may be a key position player prospect as well as a ruck.  His issue is his stamina, he couldn't play ruck at AFL level purely based on not being able to get to enough contests.

McAdam is another to impress.  He's just got that magical indigenous ability to make the difficult look easy and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do.  But he was another struggling with his running so that will be a watch.

As others have said The Kolt has swagger but it doesn't look like arrogance to me.  And he can kick it, both distance and accuracy.  He did a really good time trial so looks to have the fitness to play early.  Windsor hasn't stood out but what he's done he's done well.  Kicking is good and ball handling is clean.  I've liked what I've seen Kynan Brown do but he's as skinny as so it will be a while before he's ready even if he's got the skills, and Marty Hore just looks at home.

I've been a track watcher for a good long time now and I well remember watching James Strauss train and thinking he could be anything.  Training form at this time of year is very problematic in terms of predicting players development but we look pretty good.

As I've read the other posters comments the common comment is "I'm looking forward to seeing *insert player* get a go this year.  The issue of course is there will be very few spots up for grabs if we have a reasonably fit list.  Billings and McAdam can both play and would be in front of the young guys. Howes and Laurie (yes, I'm still a believer) have multiple preseasons under their belt and Woey looked promising last year for a second year player.  The question is "who for". I mean how does Kolt get a go?  Who does McAdam get in for and Billings as well.  Spargo has been impressive.

This brings me to my final point.  At this time of year we have unbelievable depth with far too few spots for the players.  But when we've lost a few games it's more like "we are just swapping the deck chairs on the Titanic".

It's groundhog day.

Edited by Slartibartfast
Sorry, wrong thread, Demonland please move if you want to.
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 14
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, demon3165 said:

In 21 the game plan was contested football bring the ball down boundary side contest to contest worked well, we then went into 22 with the same plan and if you look it up I said after i think it was round 10 we would not win the flag with that forward set up said the same thing about not winning the flag in 23, sides figured us out but we kept doing the same thing. 

Which brings me to your second point we did not have any contested forwards to play that type of game plan regarding forward entries, so if it was our inability to execute the game plan who's fault is it then as they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, remember we 69 entries into the forward line against the pies to 37 what does that tell you?

Whilst adding Billings, Fullerton and McAdam should help I hope Goodwin changes how we move the ball forward I also hope he uses Kossie in a different way and by that I mean like the pies used Hill and Elliot, he goes no further than the half forward line full stop and then leads back and stop trying to take mark of the year all the time.

We have a great backline strong midfield but need an outside runner as we are one paced there, Langdon and Hunter need to get away from playing boundary side and create more inside run. but thats the game plan at the moment and I hope it changes and i'm sure it will.

In closing we create enough forward entries to win games but need to change how we go about it to win the next flag.

 

 

 

I went past on Monday post time trial and they did a lot of full ground transition work. It was outnumber play, but they were definitely practicing moving the ball quickly inboard through the corridor and as as another poster said, having a couple of options deep. No bombing down the line/to the pocket to be seen. It was very fun to watch.

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last year we moved the ball forward to slowly so the forwards were crowded. We kept it in could not score goals and got flogged on the rebound.

Moving it forward  quickly means we need pace and precise disposal. Then we need players with skill to get away from opponents on the lead or get the ball to ground in a spot where the smalls can go to work.

So we either need players who can win the ball and kick goals in a crowed forward line or players who can move the ball forward quickly to players who can make position to receive the ball and create a goal.

The only hole in my theory is that i have no idea how to make it all work in practice. The lounge chair is pretty comfortable ATM.

Enjoy reading training watchers views on the young players coming through.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I've been down to a couple of training sessions including Monday's, I enjoy watching the boys do their time trials but really it's not as indicative as some might think.  Trac struggles in the time trials because of his physique but that doesn't mean anything.

The younger boys, particularly the talls struggled.  Adams and Verrell were examples of this.  Sestan is not a natural athlete but is working hard on his fitness by the look of things as is Jefferson.  For a bloke of Tomlinson's size his running is outstanding.  He ran with Nibbler until there was about a lap and a half to go and then just went.  I thought he was on his last half lap when he broke away but no.  He was so strong and was really impressive.  But that doesn't mean he's a different footballer to last year, he's just an outstanding athlete.

When I go to these sessions I'm really only interested in the young blokes because in the main that's where the improvement will come from but it's such early days it's not really realistic to take much away. But in the wet last week I was impressed with how good the ball handling was from all players.  Verrell did some impressive stuff below his knees and it just shows he's got some skills which are rare in big men.  He may be a key position player prospect as well as a ruck.  His issue is his stamina, he couldn't play ruck at AFL level purely based on not being able to get to enough contests.

McAdam is another to impress.  He's just got that magical indigenous ability to make the difficult look easy and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do.  But he was another struggling with his running so that will be a watch.

As others have said The Kolt has swagger but it doesn't look like arrogance to me.  And he can kick it, both distance and accuracy.  He did a really good time trial so looks to have the fitness to play early.  Windsor hasn't stood out but what he's done he's done well.  Kicking is good and ball handling is clean.  I've liked what I've seen Kynan Brown do but he's as skinny as so it will be a while before he's ready even if he's got the skills, and Marty Hore just looks at home.

I've been a track watcher for a good long time now and I well remember watching James Strauss train and thinking he could be anything.  Training form at this time of year is very problematic in terms of predicting players development but we look pretty good.

As I've read the other posters comments the common comment is "I'm looking forward to seeing *insert player* get a go this year.  The issue of course is there will be very few spots up for grabs if we have a reasonably fit list.  Billings and McAdam can both play and would be in front of the young guys. Howes and Laurie (yes, I'm still a believer) have multiple preseasons under their belt and Woey looked promising last year for a second year player.  The question is "who for". I mean how does Kolt get a go?  Who does McAdam get in for and Billings as well.  Spargo has been impressive.

This brings me to my final point.  At this time of year we have unbelievable depth with far too few spots for the players.  But when we've lost a few games it's more like "we are just swapping the deck chairs on the Titanic".

It's groundhog day.

I agree with everything you say.  I've watched a small amount of pre season at Casey over the last few years and you see the newer guys is the various drills and you think 'how good will they be'.  Then as the pre season goes along and the match sim part of training becomes more serious the senior players continue to dominate.   The better on ballers still get the ball 30 times so leaves less opportunity for the newer guys to stand out and you realise how much further they need to improve.  But then 3 - 4 years ago Bowey, Kossie and Jackson came along and last 2 years it was JVR and McVee.   Sometimes you just don't know until a few games into the season.  But as you say they have to overtake a player already there, so only leaves a spot for 1 or 2 permanently.  Your best players have say 12 year careers. (18 to 30 years of age)  With 24 main players, mathematically that only allows for the 2 a year.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this draft just passed we recruited in an area that needed strengthening for quiet some time.

Our F50 was in dire need of rejuvenation and the inclusions of McAdam, Billings, Tholstrup and Fullarton to an extent will help give that area of the ground competition for spots.

Last years finals series was a cold and brutal reminder of the need for cool heads when presented with goal kicking opportunities.

we could never capitalise on our domination in periods of games especially against better opponents, we have had very little depth in our small forward department.

Small Forwards seem to do most of the damage these days in front of goal so we went out and drafted for a specific need an area we have neglected since Kozi got drafted.

Im confident with this new injection of live wire forwards and cleaner bill of health with our forwards that it will drive us back into GF calculations.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2024 draft prospect, Harvey Langford is training with the Dee's for a week:

Harvey Langford (Dandenong Stingrays)
Midfielder/Forward | 188cm | 15/03/2006

Langford put together a stellar bottom-aged campaign with Dandenong, averaging 22 disposals and just under a goal per his 14 games. His consistency through the middle stages of the Talent League season was outstanding, standing up as a young leader in the Stingrays side. In terms of style, he’s a strong stoppage player with clean hands and the ability to impact when rotating forward.

Intrepid reporters and fence jumpers might get a glimpse if they venture out to Casey in the next week. If so, we'd love to hear from you - @stinga @picket fence @waynewussell and any others!

 

 

Edited by Roger Mellie
Clarry-fication
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


51 minutes ago, Red and Blue Flame said:

Anyone spotted Jed Adams at pre season training?? Yet to see him/hear about him - even last week when it was just 1- year players

 

45 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

@WalkingCivilWar

can tell you all about it. 

Here’s the thing: Jed Adams and Harry Petty are one and the same person. True story. He/they trained well. He’s/they’re coming along nicely.

3E4C8490-7C25-404F-AFC2-2DFB3A366C5F.thumb.jpeg.3fcb4596739356412e6dc2cfb524f21d.jpeg


There’s basically just a mo separating them. Not even a mo, slightly more than bum-fluff. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
Added photo to back up my claim about Harry Adams/Jed Petty
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Red and Blue Flame said:

Anyone spotted Jed Adams at pre season training?? Yet to see him/hear about him - even last week when it was just 1- year players

The three training threads from last week will answer your questions about Jed and indeed all of the players. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

 

Here’s the thing: Jed Adams and Harry Petty are one and the same person. True story. He/they trained well. He’s/they’re coming along nicely.

3E4C8490-7C25-404F-AFC2-2DFB3A366C5F.thumb.jpeg.3fcb4596739356412e6dc2cfb524f21d.jpeg


There’s basically just a mo separating them. Not even a mo, slightly more than bum-fluff. 

Jed's training and Harry isn't - still recovering from his injury.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PREGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

    After returning to the winners list the Demons have a 10 day break until they face the unbeaten Cats at the MCG on Saturday Night. Who comes in and who goes out for this crucial match?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

    PODCAST: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 29th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG against the Tigers in the Round 07. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 5

    VOTES: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    Last week Captain Max Gawn overtook reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jack Viney & Alex Neal-Bullen make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Tigers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

    POSTGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons put their foot down after half time to notch up a clinical win by 43 points over the Tigers at the MCG on ANZAC Eve keeping touch with the Top 4.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 209

    GAMEDAY: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and the Demons once again open the round of football with their annual clash against Richmond on ANZAC Eve. The Tigers, coached by former Dees champion and Premiership assistant coach Adem Yze have a plethora of stars missing due to injury but beware the wounded Tiger. The Dees will have to be switched on tonight. A win will keep them in the hunt for the Top 4 whilst a loss could see them fall out of the 8 for the first time since 2020.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 683

    TRAINING: Tuesday 23rd April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down to Gosch's Paddock to bring you his observations from this morning's Captain's Run including some hints at the changes for our ANZAC Eve clash against the Tigers. Sunny, though a touch windy, this morning, 23 of them no emergencies.  Forwards out first. Harrison Petty, JvR, Jack Billings, Kade Chandler, Kozzy, Bayley Fritsch, and coach Stafford.  The backs join them, Steven May, Jake Lever, Woey, Judd McVee, Blake Howes, Tom McDonald

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    OOZEE by The Oracle

    There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points.  The man whose first name was often misspelled, soon changed to the number 13 and it turned out lucky for him. He became a highly revered Demon with a record of 271 games during which his presence was acknowledged by the fans with the chant of “Oozee” wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

    TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

    They are out for a run just as it starts raining. It didn't last long, ended up a reasonable session weather wise.  Light duties, BBB, rehab Farris-White, Melky, Salem and Spargo, all with private trainers. They are all playing soccer, huge amount of noise. 36-40 (difficult to get a count) in the main squad, biggest I've seen it in ages. Choco is barking out the orders. Goody has intense body language as he observes. Bowey in a lime green cap (no contact), and in the sim

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 07

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 07 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 07

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons put their foot down after half time to notch up a clinical win by 43 points over the Tigers at the MCG on ANZAC Eve keeping touch with the Top 4 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 24

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    Last week Captain Max Gawn overtook reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jack Viney & Alex Neal-Bullen make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Tigers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 24

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

    The Demons have a 10 day break until they face the unbeaten Cats at the MCG on Saturday Night. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 24

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    It's Game Day on ANZAC Eve & the Demons take on the Tigers, coached by former Dees champion & Premiership assistant Adem Yze. The Dees will have to be switched on tonight & a win will keep them in the hunt for the Top 4 whilst a loss could see them fall out of the 8 for the first time since 2020 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 24

  • Match Preview      

    OOZEE by The Oracle

    There’s a touch of irony in the fact that Adem Yze played his first game for Melbourne in Round 13, 1995 against the club he now coaches. For that game, he wore the number 44 guernsey and got six touches in a game the team won by 11 points ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 23

  • Training  

    Tuesday, 23rd April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down to Gosch's Paddock to bring you his observations from this morning's Captain's Run including some hints at the changes for our ANZAC Eve clash against the Tigers ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 23

  • Training  

    Friday, 19th April 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin headed down to Gosch's Paddock today to bring you his observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 19

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The boys dissected the disappointing loss to Brisbane rueing our poor work at the stoppages, debated the role that fatigue played and lamenting the loss of Christian Salem ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 16

  • Casey Report      

    ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 14

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 08

       vs   

    Saturday 4th May 2024
    @ 07:30pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 3-4 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 3-4 Weeks
    Christian Salem Hamstring 3-5 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 7-9 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Max Gawn 67
    2 Christian Petracca 55
    3 Steven May 35
    4 Jack Viney 28
    5 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Trent Rivers 16
    9 Judd McVee 15
    10 Kade Chandler 14

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...