Goody Saves a Life in Bali

Demonland

6 hours ago, Bystander said:

Glad he helped...but 'saved his life" might be a touch dramatic.

Appropriate user name!

Phone me next time you're going into the surf with a dislocated shoulder and I'll bring the popcorn.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 2

14 hours ago, chookrat said:

Tomorrow we will find out that the man who dislocated his shoulder jumping into the water was none other than Joel Smith.

But was Nick Riewoldt jumping on top of Joel?

6 hours ago, Bystander said:

Glad he helped...but 'saved his life" might be a touch dramatic.

I guess that all depends n whether he was going to drown  without help or not?  Swimming with a dislocated shoulder can be challenging. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I guess that all depends n whether he was going to drown  without help or not?  Swimming with a dislocated shoulder can be challenging. 

Oh no Mono you have said the unspeakable words!

• Shocked 1

51 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

I think this thread illustrates how much we are in need of a feel-good story after the battering we have been taking.

Exactly! It clearly won’t get the level of media attention that the negative MFC stories get, but it certainly should here. It’s a huge deal to save someone from drowning, and it’s far from easy. My ex was a beach lifeguard and he said the hardest thing to deal with when you’re rescuing someone who can’t swim or is in some way incapacitated is that they instinctively and reflexively try to keep their head above water by pulling down on you. People have drowned trying to rescue people in the surf. Goody’s a brave and selfless person. 

• Like 5
  • Love 8

If it was fly it would be front page of everything. No one wants to roll out a positive story about Goody or the Dees atm.  Doom and gloom or nothing.

Well done on doing a great deed to Goody. I’m sure he wasn’t thinking of the media response whilst he was doing his best to help this poor guy.  

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

5 hours ago, monoccular said:

It seems I have upset everyone by saying "saved his life" might be a little dramatic.

So I retract and humbly apologise to all offended.

I admit the bloke would have definitely died. Painfully. Now fully recovered.

JFK performed a similar feat in WW2 near Bouganville and they made him president. So, I say, Roffey , you are out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 2

Despite the rising tide of venom aimed at him, Goody remains afloat. And from what I have seen, his relationship with the players remains strong. I still believe that if our stock of forwards had not been depleted at the worst possible time we would have been hard to beat in the finals. Like the board, I'm backing Goody against the media hype.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

goody getting minimal coverage in media. nothing on 9 news for example.

i wonder if it was any other afl coach ....

Didn't see any thing on 7 either.  Lots of Collingwood coverage of course.

• Angry 3

3 hours ago, Dee-monic said:

Despite the rising tide of venom aimed at him, Goody remains afloat. And from what I have seen, his relationship with the players remains strong. I still believe that if our stock of forwards had not been depleted at the worst possible time we would have been hard to beat in the finals. Like the board, I'm backing Goody against the media hype.

How incredibly weak would it be if we were to sack him now for no concrete reason? the media want us to fold and bow to their circus and demands.

The amount of times the filth have covered themselves up from prying eyes has been incredible over the years.

Can all be handled in house and behind closed doors.

All the media are doing now is fuelling the fire within this playing and coaching group.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, Winners at last said:

I dislocated my shoulder while body surfing at Palm Beach a few years. 

I didn't require rescuing. 

Don't worry though ... I survived.

No two instances are the same, Bingers. I’m glad you didn’t need rescuing and that you survived. This young man clearly did need rescuing and he’s lucky Goody was there at such a time of need. 

• Like 5

Wait for the next vindictive installment from the usual suspects.

”A besieged Victorian AFL coach jumped off a cliff whilst in hiding from journalists  hoping to share important impartial information, on a remote Indonesian island and was fortunate enough to land near a random surfer who rescued him.”
🙄🤔😡🤮

❤️💙❤️❤️💙

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, daisycutter said:

goody getting minimal coverage in media. nothing on 9 news for example.

i wonder if it was any other afl coach ....

11 hours ago, monoccular said:

Didn't see any thing on 7 either.  Lots of Collingwood coverage of course.

Media struggle at the best of times to multi-task. I suspect at the moment most of their AFL resources (ie, reporters and producers) are on leave because it's the AFL "off-season". As such, they may only be able to cover one AFL story per day. And the Collingwood premiership cup engraving story would have been planned in advance to make it easy for the media to cover.

• Clap 1
  • Vomit 1

20 hours ago, Antioch said:

And will Damian Barrett have something good to say about Goodwin and MFC? He’s very annoying.

I basically ignore him and a number of others. It's all about looking relevant to keep their jobs. 

• Like 3