2024 Fixture

biggestred

19 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

So Ess bblessed with no 5-day break between games for the whole season🙄.

Hope they crash and burn. 

It would be fun if they lost their first final! 🤣

You are assuming they will make finals?  Easy draw but hard run in.  They are so overrated.  They were 5th last year and missed out.  They will fall for sure, despite having 3 easy games coming up

And we can watch their demise in prime time which is all the sweeter!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DubDee said:

You are assuming they will make finals?  Easy draw but hard run in.  They are so overrated.  They were 5th last year and missed out.  They will fall for sure, despite having 3 easy games coming up

And we can watch their demise in prime time which is all the sweeter!

If they don't make finals it will be even more fun than them not winning one.  🤣

... I would resurrect my 'Special Edition, What they are saying thread...' !!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Going off round 23, I reckon our game in round 24 vs Pies will be Friday or Saturday night. 

The AFL might decided to bring a cheeky Thursday night in to punish us one final time before finals.

Oh. Nevermind. Just realised that Collingwood play after us (Saturday night) in Round 23 and the AFL would never do that to Collingwood. I guess we can thank Eddie for that.

Edited by Demonland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Demonland said:

The AFL might decided to bring a cheeky Thursday night in to punish us one final time before finals.

Oh. Nevermind. Just realised that Collingwood play after us (Saturday night) in Round 23 and the AFL would never do that to Collingwood. I guess we can thank Eddie for that.

The first thing I looked at was when Collingwood play in round 23. I knew the AFL wouldn’t care about screwing us with a short break after an interstate trip. But precious Collingwood would never. 

Ours is arguably the match of the round, depending on how a few other current top 8 sides go. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

Both of our WA games in July are followed by a 6 day break against a top 5 side 😖

WC is at the G

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

Both of our WA games in July are followed by a 6 day break against a top 5 side 😖

We only play one WA game in July. We play West Coast in Perth this week. The second West Coast game in July is at the MCG.

Even if it was, 6 day breaks are normal. These are elite athletes we're talking about.

Geelong play Sydney on a Sunday afternoon in June, then Carlton the following Friday.

St Kilda have played at 7 venues in 9 rounds. By round 14 they will have played at 9 different venues.

It happens to everyone.

Our fixture early in the season was unfair, yes, but our upcoming fixture is fantastic and completely normal.

Edited by seventyfour
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

shirley we want the peptides to finish top 4 and then bow out in straight sets?

If you insist on being Shirley, I'll be Frank

I want the bombers to miss finals on % and see a flood of salts bomber fan tears fill the MCG

• Love 1

Can’t wait to get roasted when we draw “disappointing Crowds” against GWS and Port on Saturday nights which are dreadful for drawing big crowds.

Massive bonus to have the Suns game as a day game and avoid the dewy slippery games we normally have up there.

• Like 2

So this year the club's bean counters and sponsors department will be happy with relation to genuine marquee timeslots:

3 Friday night games (including Collingwood in round 24*)

4 Thursday night games

1 Anzac Eve

1 Kings B'day

(*going the early crow with round 24)

On the flip side, it's bit of a shame we only have 2 genuine "red ball" day games in Melbourne this year. How times have changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

MEM40-24-Fixture-Release-Promotion-Background-GIF_02-2.webp

sigh...

* Mispelling of stadium
* Suns' game time is cutoff 
* Top to bottom first instead of left to right
* Using an image of Viney with an old sponsor (Jaguar) 
* Not legible on phones

clare pettyfor needs to wield a big stick

2 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

sigh...

* Mispelling of stadium
* Not legible on phones

Yeah that second last point is pretty poor form.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

So this year the club's bean counters and sponsors department will be happy with relation to genuine marquee timeslots:

4 Thursday night games

1 Anzac Eve

1 Kings B'day

On the flip side, it's bit of a shame we only have 2 genuine "red ball" day games in Melbourne this year. How times have changed.

I miss day games too 

13 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

sigh...

* Mispelling of stadium
* Not legible on phones

Agree. Proof reader needed...we've found a top candidate. 

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

sigh...

* Mispelling of stadium
* Not legible on phones

Surely the Bulldogs game should read Fridium not Satdium

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

If they don't make finals it will be even more fun than them not winning one.  🤣

... I would resurrect my 'Special Edition, What they are saying thread...' !!!

Draper out for 8 weeks

It has begun….

😂😂

• Clap 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

shirley we want the peptides to finish top 4 and then bow out in straight sets?

There would have to be a complete change of all Field Umpiring Personnel.

5 hours ago, DubDee said:

WC is at the G

5 hours ago, seventyfour said:

We only play one WA game in July. We play West Coast in Perth this week. The second West Coast game in July is at the MCG.

Even if it was, 6 day breaks are normal. These are elite athletes we're talking about.

Geelong play Sydney on a Sunday afternoon in June, then Carlton the following Friday.

St Kilda have played at 7 venues in 9 rounds. By round 14 they will have played at 9 different venues.

It happens to everyone.

Our fixture early in the season was unfair, yes, but our upcoming fixture is fantastic and completely normal.

My bad. Just the Freo one then.

I'll have to find something else to whinge about then. 😬

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

4 Thursday night games

1 Anzac Eve

1 Kings B'day

Even allowing for the Round 24 game, only 2 of those 9 games are our home game (Brisbane in Round 5 the other one).

Somewhat disappointing for the bean counters.