Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

8 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Jeremy Howe has done nothing but potted our club since the day he voluntarily walked out to play as a forward and win a flag. 
I was on here wishing him a speedy recovery when he injured his arm. And I’m on here now hoping it gets tested out on prelim day. The same way our players’ injuries get tested out by Pies players every time we play them. 
If you have a problem with that, you are free to sit in judgement and tell me I’m a bad human. 
I give less [censored] than the tribunal did tonight for the welfare of Angus Brayshaw; aka less than 0. 

Thank god someone addressed what I said directly and I’m glad it was you. Full circle. 

Ok great, didn’t say you’re a bad human. I just disagree with wishing injury on another player and don’t think it’s a good thing to do as it’s hypocritical but you don’t see it that way WHICH IS FINE. 

There ya go. We did it. We had direct dialogue with what I criticised you for and it only took 5 million other comments to get there. 

Sheesh. 

1 minute ago, McQueen said:

I love my mates humour. 

just got this one:

“If Maynard hadn’t of turned his body in mid air Brayshaw would’ve been eating the full length of Maynard’s [censored].”

😂

Oohhh, we have all missed the point here. Maynard was doing Gus a favour and giving him the lessor of two evils… 

the AFL and Christian were right all along 😂😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

They’re gonna go out of business pretty quickly with the amount of lawsuits and litigation coming their way from players. 

Meh.
The game's going to complete sheet anyway.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Is this all you’ve got? You’re starting to bore me now.

*monumental sigh and 360-degree eye roll*

I asked you nicely to let people vent. 
You didn’t. 
I asked again, a little more firmly this time. 
Again, you didn’t.

Now here we are. Your move. 

OMG this is actually painful. 

Do you think it is a good or bad thing to wish injury on Jeremy Howe WCW?

Just now, BoBo said:

Thank god someone addressed what I said directly and I’m glad it was you. Full circle. 

Ok great, didn’t say you’re a bad human. I just disagree with wishing injury on another player and don’t think it’s a good thing to do as it’s hypocritical but you don’t see it that way WHICH IS FINE. 

There ya go. We did it. We had direct dialogue with what I criticised you for and it only took 5 million other comments to get there. 

Sheesh. 

You do realise Jaded is/was talking about Jeremy Howe BoBo? The dude who used play for us! 😜

Just now, BoBo said:

OMG this is actually painful. 

Do you think it is a good or bad thing to wish injury on Jeremy Howe WCW?

Give it up.
It is painful.
No-one cares you got offended on someone elses behalf who'll never read this anyway.

• Like 6
  • Clap 4

9 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Is this all you’ve got? You’re starting to bore me now.

*monumental sigh and 360-degree eye roll*

I asked you nicely to let people vent. 
You didn’t. 
I asked again, a little more firmly this time. 
Again, you didn’t.

Now here we are. Your move. 

I wonder what our boys would think of some of our "supporters" defending a thug that potentially ended their mates career?

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

23 minutes ago, dworship said:

I can see another poll coming up, with what occupation do we associate BoBo (when you pronounce that, is it like Yogi Bears friend?). I'll start;

a/ Evangelist?

b/ School teacher?

c/ Social worker?

d/ Collingwood troll?

e/ University professor?

f/ Movie critic?

Apologies to anyone that fits into the above categories that I've offended, it was only my intention to mock BoBo.

How could you leave out the most obvious choice? 

Im a local council politician. Geez. 

• Clap 1

1 minute ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Never trusted anything coming from them going back to the VFL days Macca.

The corruption set in fron the late 60s / early 70s when the VFL renegged on the country zoning rotations after some of the clubs, who originally agreed to the idea, went back on their word.

I've been saying for decades, including onherde, that it's just one giant circus lead by a few masters that pull all the strings.

Some of those masters are either in cahoots with the big clubs or were at them at some point and are now pushing the barrow either via their connections within the AFL or are imbedded within.

Our decades in the wilderness ensured that we missed the boat in terms of getting our fair share of representation / influence into the halls.

The rats have long bee  in command now and we are well and truly still on the outside looking in.  A bit part actor if you will.

I'm not sure becoming a big club in terms of an invreased following will change this much in the short term until or unless we get some ex club officials/players imbedded into or influencing the day to day there.

That could be decades away yet.

Well I made reference that we have gone from 40k to 70k membership in only 6 years.  That's enormous growth by any measure

In fact, if we'd have talked about having 70k members 10 years ago we'd have been called dreamers

I reckon we can hit 100k in 5 years but we need to keep contending

There's a chance we could secure pick 4 in the draft from GC and we've already got pick 5

And given Taylor's history, those 2 picks could deliver us 2 top players and he could pluck a 3rd with some more shrewd recruiting

And we've already got a very good list

So there's a lot to look forward too.  This year may or may not be our year as we've been cruelled by injury to our forward line but if we can make it to the last 4, we're in with a chance.  Anything can happen on the day

We've got 2 blockbusters in place every year but why can't we have 2 more (Carlton, Geelong or Essendon?)

So in contention with a great list year after year,  100k members, 4 blockbusters (apart from the return fixtures) and 60k average crowds at the MCG puts us in the big club bracket where we'll have some real clout

And it is all entirely achievable

Meanwhile, Goodwin needs to lift the team up for Friday evening

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

"Maynard himself said in evidence that he didn’t see Brayshaw coming until the last moment.

“I turned my head to land thought ‘[censored], he is there’,” Maynard said."

Sorry if I make a mistake as I am laughing hysterically. Player runs forward and jumps up to smother nothing, as he actually didn't see anyone with the ball, until he was coming down to land.

FMD is this serious?

Red it wouldn't have mattered what Mayfart said...

The circus act was already in play as soon as the siren went.  He was always getting off.

It was just a matter of how and then coming up with the script / screenplay.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

Give it up.
It is painful.
No-one cares you got offended on someone elses behalf who'll never read this anyway.

Oh people definitely care, that’s why they’ve been avoiding actually addressing my point an waffling on for decades worth of posts. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

As @Macca said earlier, the best outcome of the last several hours has been seeing Gus doing so well. 

Whether he continues playing or not, he has all the intellect and charm to ensure continued success in whatever direction  he chooses to go.

As for Maynard’s future, I see a Rebel Sports outlet near an airport somewhere, and a name-tag that says “Brayden”. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

He’s fallen asleep. Please don’t wake him. 

season 10 grandpa GIF

7 minutes ago, layzie said:

Any word from Rollo? I feel like sending him and his bandit bros to AFL house..

I am thinking BoBo is Rollo. Or they are a tag team.

• Clap 1

2 hours ago, BoBo said:

Once again, I don’t agree with this decision but I’m not on here spewing bile about wishing injury on other players. 

Take 48 hours and see if you feel the same as I know for a fact that many of you would decry this kind of rhetoric from other fans so it’s pretty frustrating that we don’t hold ourselves to the standards of others. 

We can be satisfied holding ourselves to standards while our opponents revel in success. At least we're nice though hey, winning doesn't matter.

• Like 3