The hammy that won’t heal

Gorgoroth

21 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I did a hammy and my Osteo waved a half a pack of Oreo’s over my leg.

Sorted me right out.

Remember that HBA ad with the weirdo Chiropractor waving the fish over someone's leg? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

no offence but you watching a clip on the Dees website or on the news hardly gives you grounds to make an informed assessment on how hard someone is running.  As already mentioned I would say the strength and conditioning team at Melbourne would be more equipped to deal with it and understand what a player can and can’t do. 

Anyway I’m out of this conversation as we can go around in circles all night.  Enjoy your weekend and let’s hope Clarry is back sooner rather than later 

Well there's possibly slightly different methods now and the pain may not be muscular, who knows. The fitness staff would know best though that is right.

Its safe to say though that this hasn't been the average hammy injury, he goes from being superman only going to miss a couple of weeks to going to hospital to now the hammy that won't heal. Its not exactly putting us at ease.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, layzie said:

The fitness staff would know best though that is right.

The trouble may be that Clarry didn't listen to the fitness staff...

Who would know.

Like all of us we just want him back out there.

He wants him back out there.

• Like 2

I reckon I'll do a hammy this morning. On toasty with veggie, smashed avocadoey and 2 poached eggies.

Edited by Lou C. Fur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn’t this all a storm in a teacup?

He did his hammy. He then got a blister. The blister got infected (bad luck more than anything I’d guess). He had to be hospitalised to treat the infection. The hospitalisation meant he lost his progress recovering from the hammy. So he’s still not ready.

Seriously, there isn’t any more to it than this, right?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rjay said:

Sorry, but I'm not trusting an osteopath with this stuff.

I did many a hammy and they were never sore when I got back to running, that's the problem.

As soon as you start to stretch out to full pace, no warning, they go.

You have to ease back into it.

My observation from afar...Clarry was running too hard too soon.

My Osteo is fantastic & would back him in any day before a physio who hardly lay a finger on you these days 

• Like 1

I thought the news on Oliver was pleasing when Yze was interviewed on Fox Footy an hour before the bounce. He said Oliver would train this weekend then train fully next week.

• Like 2

Have done numerous hamstrings myself. Rehab consists of ramping up from low intensity running to high intensity over stages depending on the severity of the injury. This can take anywhere from 1-6 weeks depending on how bad the tear is. If you can’t complete one stage of rehab without pinging in the muscle you repeat the step after one day rest.

From what I am reading he has completed full training and was ready to play which is a good sign, but pulled up sore after. It looks like he pushed himself to come back too quick, had some pain in the hammy and has been setback also due to the hospital stay. It’s nothing really to worry about, he needs to rest and continue the rehab, allow the muscle to heal properly. 

• Like 3

Geez there's alot of hens cackling on this thread.  

Oliver has  a hammy . Get over it.

Give him another game off. Dont fly him to the middle of a desert. Ridiculous.

Only the MFC gives up a home game and such a vital match against GWS.

Heart of the Nation game. Who cares?  No one.  A loss could derail our season.

Shut down the NT after this season. Stick a fork in it and cook it.

Edited by Deebauched
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deebauched said:

Ah just send him the vocabulary builder.

1 hour ago, Deebauched said:

What's the incentive? Is it more $ relocating this and does the travel fatigue and loss of home adv make up for it. Not for me. Plus it's another game this year loyal fans miss out on. All for sharing the good will but let others do it too.

1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

Have done numerous hamstrings myself. Rehab consists of ramping up from low intensity running to high intensity over stages depending on the severity of the injury. This can take anywhere from 1-6 weeks depending on how bad the tear is. If you can’t complete one stage of rehab without pinging in the muscle you repeat the step after one day rest.

From what I am reading he has completed full training and was ready to play which is a good sign, but pulled up sore after. It looks like he pushed himself to come back too quick, had some pain in the hammy and has been setback also due to the hospital stay. It’s nothing really to worry about, he needs to rest and continue the rehab, allow the muscle to heal properly. 

This would be plausible. There can be things like this that happen in a rehab program and sometimes the only thing a previous hamstring injury is another hamstrung injury. 

They're the pros, they know best.