NON-MFC: Rd 11 2023

Demonland

9 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I’m the opposite.

Just give them the flag now and everyone else can take their holidays early. They will beat Brisbane or Port by 50+ points in a GF.

They are scary good and they’d be delighted that Geelong are nearly out of the race. They were the one club that could’ve troubled them.

Hah ! I was raised on Collingwood dominating home and away seasons only to [censored] it up in grand finals.  It's a long established tradition and I hope its due  for a return 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Return to Glory said:

I'm not a hater. I hate Mason Cox.

Not sure if anybody here has watched “Veep”, but Mason Cox gives off strong Jonah Ryan vibes. 

if you’re going to be up up yourself, maybe try not to also be an un-co dork wearing safety googles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Clintosaurus said:

Pies must be [censored]. Only 34 in front of Norf.

Not [censored] mate, they’re reducing risk of injury, mind you that’s only appropriate for other teams… not for the Dees.

5 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Not [censored] mate, they’re reducing risk of injury, mind you that’s only appropriate for other teams… not for the Dees.

If this was Melbourne playing, Demonland would be in meltdown with whingers wanting a bigger winning margin and sprouting doomsday scenarios 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

If this was Melbourne playing, Demonland would be in meltdown with whingers wanting a bigger winning margin and sprouting doomsday scenarios 

If it was melbourne playing we would be  North. 

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I wonder if the Pies going into KB after two easy kills will work against them. 
I’m probably dreaming

Yep you are dreaming

Not taking anything away from Collingwood because they are a good team, but I am more confident against them than I was against Freo and against Carlton. 

18 minutes ago, praha said:

Not taking anything away from Collingwood because they are a good team, but I am more confident against them than I was against Freo and against Carlton. 

You probably need to embellish a little here. 

Genuinely can’t find the logic in saying the form team of the competition is less of a threat than Carlton. 

Edited by Mel Bourne

can you imagine Larkey in a decent team?

he is the most accurate set shot i’ve seen. 30.8 this year. and he plays games in windy Tassie. 

imagine home abs JVR and Fritsch next season?

also wouldn’t mind Lukocius

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

can you imagine Larkey in a decent team?

he is the most accurate set shot i’ve seen. 30.8 this year. and he plays games in windy Tassie. 

imagine home abs JVR and Fritsch next season?

also wouldn’t mind Lukocius

The stuff of dreams Dub!

I watched us miss 4 or 5 set shots that I reckon I could have kicked ( despite my fat guts).

It cost us the game!

• Like 2

Sidebottom massive out for them. All being well they cop a few more injuries against the Eagles. 

Agree with you Jaded. Soft kills of North and Eagles not great prep for the Pies. 

Just hope we have Oliver back for the KB game and we rise to the occasion. Anything can happen.

I’m just worried that if we lose to the Blues we go 7-5 and then a loss to the Pies is 7-6. Top 4 let alone top 8 looking dicey from 7-6 at the Bye.

26 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I wonder if the Pies going into KB after two easy kills will work against them. 
I’m probably dreaming

32 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

You probably need to embellish a little here. 

Genuinely can’t find the logic in saying the form team of the competition is less of a threat than Carlton. 

Timing has a lot to do with it. We're in a slump and spent literally half the season to date interstate. We've gone periods without Gawn, May, now Oliver, Salem, Hunter, Pickett, Petracca played hurt for a few weeks... atm we look like a middle of the road team. Which we might be. But we're losing games we probably kind of sort of expected could result in a loss. Some seem genuinely surprised by Freo, I was frustrated during the game but in the pre-match thread I said it smelt like a loss was coming. Form means something, some of the time. 

Carlton just seems like the kind of team that could push us on current form. They have the talent up forward and some pace. We really struggled against them last year and probably stole the win. We should win but won't be surprised if we lose. They are also due for a win. They aren't anywhere near as bad as form line suggests. Evidently neither are we.

Collingwood will be coming off a trip to Perth albeit against Wet Toast, and on a day less break, with a six day break from today through to next week. We stay in Melbourne and lead into KB's with a 10 day break, potentially Oliver back, Grundy and Max with another game together, Salem with more fitness, Hunter back.

I just think the game is primed for us to kickstart our season leading into the bye.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Anyone who picked the tipping card this weekend either knows sfa about footy or should immediately buy a tattslotto !

Im on 4 , if you forget your tips your 5

• Like 1
  • Haha 4