AFL Team Bumper Stickers

It's mid Jan and the traffic and topics here on DL seem a bit slow this off season this time of year, so here's a topic for something to do.

Having moved down here to the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne from Brisbane last year, it's refreshing to see the number of MFC bumper stickers getting around at the moment and particularly still pleanty of Premiers ones.  Gives me something to smile about on the inside when on my morning/afternoon commute.

• Like 6

Hope your equally as pleased I am in Brisbane with my premiership 2021 stickers plus my AFLW sticker ( not premiership) all on show. All in good Nick as well. 

Will continue to fly the flag up North proudly and am keen to add a second flag sticker in 2023 should the Boys salute as I absolutely believe they are capable of with the best list actual and potential I can ever recall. 

• Like 7

Some other observations of mine is that I don't see many stickers from the other 'big' Melbourne clubs of Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon or Hawthorn or others around my parts either.  Don't even notice many Richmond ones.  No doubt this is related to the recient lack of success of the aforementioned teams - long may it continue.

Also somewhat pleasing to me is that I see a high number of stickers on grubby tradies utes, implying the team has support from across the social demographic out here and it's not all snow going doctors Jaguars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I drive all around Melbourne everyday and without a doubt our Melbourne stickers are seen more than any other team. From the little stickers to "Member (insert year) to Premiership stickers. Rodney I see quite a few tradies utes and they mainly have tiger stickers especially out Ringwood way. Possibly the next largest amount of stickers seen would be St Kilda but most are quite old.

Memo to MFC. Why does the "Red" on our stickers seem to fade yet St Kilda's keeps it's brightness.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MT64 said:

I drive all around Melbourne everyday and without a doubt our Melbourne stickers are seen more than any other team. From the little stickers to "Member (insert year) to Premiership stickers. Rodney I see quite a few tradies utes and they mainly have tiger stickers especially out Ringwood way. Possibly the next largest amount of stickers seen would be St Kilda but most are quite old.

Memo to MFC. Why does the "Red" on our stickers seem to fade yet St Kilda's keeps it's brightness.

Funny you should mention the fading red. It has been happening for years. I never put my new year sticker on till April so it has a chance of remaining red for the season. 

• Like 5

I received one for Xmas, I stuck it on my number plate holder looked real schmick it recenty came into contact with the garage door so looking for a replacement.😢

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

For many years I proudly displayed my sticker on my car in France. Of course no one knew what it was.

We moved back to Australia and into a new apartment a couple of months ago and we’re gradually meeting neighbours. I got off to a good start with a young couple I met in the car park when I saw the Melbourne sticker on their car. The perfect ice-breaker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

On 1/14/2023 at 9:40 AM, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

grubby tradies utes

Bit of an aside….saw such a Ute this week, with 2 bumper stickers. One side of the bumper had “[censored] VEGANS”, the other “[censored] CYCLISTS”. Sent me into hysterics, as I am both. 😂

Agree about the seeming dominance of Dees stickers, although it always makes me wonder if we’re just attuned to see them. 

• Haha 4

Sounds terrific but i doubt MFC dominates in the bumper sticker competition. When i was still in Melbourne Essendon and Collingwood dominated everything even more so than Carl/ Rich. If we win a few more flags things will change.

Ive never understood why Stkilda has such a large following One flag in 130 years. Theyre on 57 years now without a flag. 

• Like 3

I'm waiting for my new stickers to come,..   Especially the ones for the license plate. I do not have a car myself, But I quite enjoy the thrill of sneaking around very late at night and surreptitiously placing them on random license plates in the neighborhood. 

It is my way of creating new Melbourne supporters.

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

In my neck of the woods (the wild, wild West) the only Dees bumper stickers are on cars that’ve been stolen from the Eastern suburbs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 1

On 1/14/2023 at 1:26 AM, 58er said:

Hope your equally as pleased I am in Brisbane with my premiership 2021 stickers plus my AFLW sticker ( not premiership) all on show. All in good Nick as well. 

Will continue to fly the flag up North proudly and am keen to add a second flag sticker in 2023 should the Boys salute as I absolutely believe they are capable of with the best list actual and potential I can ever recall. 

Same here 58!

I proudly display both the premiers car decal and the standard MFC car decal on mine and my eldest daughter proudly displays her premiers bumper sticker on hers up here in Brisbane ♥️💙

• Love 2

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

You've got a Collingwood supporting mate? Surely that's grounds for suspension from Demonland.

I have one of those too. I keep sending him pictures of Brody Grundy in Melbourne colours, with the question...."Does this bloke go alright?" I won't share his reply, but it's good fun

• Haha 2

Got the 21 premiers sticker, 22 and 23 members and a demons beanie kids in the rear window along with a Melbourne badge on the boot lid. Also have the 21 members lanyard hanging in the front window but can’t upload as it goes over the attachment limit 

EA9A0369-CCB0-4BD9-9280-F97AAA9EA45F.jpeg

B85527C2-CCE1-4DAA-B779-76ABA34C9BC9.jpeg

Edited by Gippsland Dee
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Nicko said:

Same here 58!

I proudly display both the premiers car decal and the standard MFC car decal on mine and my eldest daughter proudly displays her premiers bumper sticker on hers up here in Brisbane ♥️💙

Great work Nicko keep up the good work.

• Like 1