• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Fly The Flag in 2022

Lucifers Hero

6 hours ago, Ben E said:

Scarves, flags fading a bit after 12 months but the red and blue Haymes paint lookin’ as good as new!

Nothing’s coming down as long as we remain the reigning premiers!

(What can’t be seen in the pic are: life size Max Gawn cut-out which has gone slightly yellow; a big toy tiger draped in a Dees’ cape, reclining on bench; signed Clarry jumper in the window; miniature figurines of Max and Jack perched on the window sills; MFC clock and footy over the door; and various other red and blue paraphernalia scattered about!)

IMG_3522.jpg

My goodness we're neighbours! Spotted your gaff on the annual Halloween gathering. My wee one looked at me with disappointment - puts ours to shame in many ways. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I sold the house these were attached to, but the flags were definitely not a fixture.  They look a bit faded now after 4 months of Qld UV, but really hoping I can drape them over the boundary fence at the MCG with absolute pride.

Come-on Max, Jack and Co - bring it home at the MCG for the Demons faithful.

4 more weeks.

GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!

received_636480537790565.jpeg

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Ben E said:

Scarves, flags fading a bit after 12 months but the red and blue Haymes paint lookin’ as good as new!

Nothing’s coming down as long as we remain the reigning premiers!

(What can’t be seen in the pic are: life size Max Gawn cut-out which has gone slightly yellow; a big toy tiger draped in a Dees’ cape, reclining on bench; signed Clarry jumper in the window; miniature figurines of Max and Jack perched on the window sills; MFC clock and footy over the door; and various other red and blue paraphernalia scattered about!)

IMG_3522.jpg

Interesting facade. Does the word up top mean anything?

1 hour ago, Monocology said:

My goodness we're neighbours! Spotted your gaff on the annual Halloween gathering. My wee one looked at me with disappointment - puts ours to shame in many ways. 

How funny, M!! Feel free to chat about the Dees if I’m out the front next time you pass by!

12 hours ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Interesting facade. Does the word up top mean anything?

Not really sure. I know the Scots had a bit to do in building and settling into houses in our street in the 19th century. But the name on our facade is more American Indian than Scottish, I would have thought!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ben E said:

Not really sure. I know the Scots had a bit to do in building and settling into houses in our street in the 19th century. But the name on our facade is more American Indian than Scottish, I would have thought!

Thanks, I did a quick net search (never my first thought), one meaning came up as 'Spirit of the Woods' . Has a nice ring to it. Enjoy tonight Ben.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Thanks, I did a quick net search (never my first thought), one meaning came up as 'Spirit of the Woods' . Has a nice ring to it. Enjoy tonight Ben.

Thanks for that! (Spirit of the Demons would have been better!)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ben E said:

Thanks for that! (Spirit of the Demons would have been better!)

Your house, your definition I say!!!

Sounds like you just renamed your home!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

2C22B313-5C2F-48E4-86BF-C5495727727C.thumb.jpeg.edf5f98a7d9b10d86c92976bd310673e.jpeg

LOL!  Looks a bit rustic for your good self, Bbo.

This solves my dilemma as to when to put out the banners etc while not jinxing the team.

As we win a final, I will fly scarves from my car window until the next final. 

If we win a PF I will then put out all the red and blue paraphernalia.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

LOL!  Looks a bit rustic for your good self, Bbo.

This solves my dilemma as to when to put out the banners etc while not jinxing the team.

As we win a final, I will fly scarves from my car window until the next final. 

If we win a PF I will then put out all the red and blue paraphernalia.

Well it is the dog ute Luci !!!!

• Like 1

Sadly took most stuff down but, what the hell, kept the 2021 banner on show (and red and blue Haymes paint up top)!

Was riding high with those 17 straight wins. Second half of this season was torture, however. Saw all 8 losses, 7 of which followed same pattern. My daughters and I screamed our guts out last night but to no avail. Sorry to say but it’s almost a relief that the 2022 campaign is over. I don’t think I could take yet another team reel us in, in the second half of games with even greater stakes, after holding a commanding early lead. So deflating. I would generally find solace in the mighty Reds but even they are struggling!

A3E4251E-590C-4129-A13B-FCC2400A87CF.jpeg