Trade and Free Agency rumours

Nascent

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

MFC have ruled out trading Weideman.

Another rubbish story made by Tradio Radio!

They should stop throwing names around without any back up. 

It is getting more and more embarrassing for them.

It is the worst I've ever seen it.

They seem to be making up stuff to try and get people listening rather than reporting on facts.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Narkle is out of Geelong, is he worth looking at? Seems to possess talent, just inconsistent. 

i love sparkle he's been an iconic player amongst my mates and i since he was drafted (they're cats fans :() he doesnt really improve our list massively but could definitely do a job at WC linke jarmaine jones has or freo could take him as mature depth for a year or two given their exodus. he's a wa boy. consistency never really his issue in terms of form but in terms of selection and role more outside his control then yes u r right

13 hours ago, Only Rigoni said:

I see The Age are suggesting Brisbane's Devon Robertson could be on the move. I remember in that behind-the-scenes video of the 2019 draft we were really into him - he went early & they went with Rivers. If he is on the move, I'd be surprised if Taylor & co weren't having a go.

hes a WA boy and with dunkley and ashcroft coming in he might be wise to look elsewhere but they also trusted him in the finals so they definitely rate him and that pig zorko and lyons seem to be transitioning out of the guts there so maybe theres mniutes

2 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

where have we said this officially?

• Thinking 1

Keep hearing a lot of players will move clubs this trade period, could even set a record for the number of player moves they tell us. So far it’s just been utter [censored] from the journos. 

Maybe it all explodes next week.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drdrake said:

They certainly gave up on this season very easily and early.  No question that they were completely under prepared for the season. They will fix this, WCE expect to win and will do what is needed.

Agree, still a lot of good players on that list. Should be able to make the adjustments necessary to compete again qucikly. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Keep hearing a lot of players will move clubs this trade period, could even set a record for the number of player moves they tell us. So far it’s just been utter [censored] from the journos. 

Maybe it all explodes next week.

Me too, I'm hearing that a lot of teams aren't rating the draft outside of the first and second round and they will be eager to do trades. So much crud going round at the moment though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Will be good when the actual trades start and they actually have something to report on. This is embarrassing.

• Like 3

What y'all think? Its a bit long and wishful thinking, but i've tried to be realistic. 

Trade 1:

WB

IN: Lobb, Tomlinson
OUT: Pick 11, Pick 29

MFC

IN: Pick 11, Pick 13, Pick 29, Pick 31
OUT: LJ, Tomlinson

FREO
IN: LJ
OUT Lobb, Pick 11, Pick 13, Pick 31

Trade 2:

MFC:

In: Pick 2 , Pick 38 (Total: 2669 pts)
Out: Pick 11, Pick 13, Pick 32 (Total: 3125pts)

WCE

In: Pick 11, Pick 13, Pick 32 (Total: 3125pts)
Out: Pick 2, Pick 38 (Total: 2669 pts)

Trade 3

MFC:

In: Grundy (+350K)
Out: Pick 29, Pick 31, Pick 38 (Total: 1724 pts)

BFC

In: Pick 29, Pick 31, Pick 38 (Total: 1724 pts)

Out: Pick 15 (Total: 1112 pts)

CFC

In: Pick 15 (Total: 1112 pts)
Out: Grundy (-350K)

So we get:

In: Pick 2, Grundy (+350K dump)
Out: LJ, Tommo, Pick 32

Edited by CYB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CatFishPig said:

This made me laugh, was then hard to take the rest seriously.. 

It makes more sense when you read the rest.

Edit: actually not so much, some picks are wrong and I thought I saw further picks going back to the bulldogs but can't see them now. They aren't giving up 11 and 29 for Lobb and Tomlinson.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CYB said:

What y'all think? Its a bit long and wishful thinking, but i've tried to be realistic. 

Trade 1:

WB

MFC

FREO

Trade 2:

MFC:

WCE

Trade 3

MFC:

BFC

CFC

So we get:

The Grundy one is palatable. Is there anywhere you can learn about point values? I assume somewhere on the AFL site.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CatFishPig said:

This made me laugh, was then hard to take the rest seriously.. 

you may laugh, but end of the day how is Freo going to get the picks we demand for LJ. Perhaps they have to give up more in exchange for Pick 11. It was the hardest part of the equation where i think we were fairly compensated for losing Tommo and LJ. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CYB said:

Trade 1:

WB

MFC

FREO

Trade 2:

MFC:

WCE

Trade 3

MFC:

BFC

CFC

So we get:

You've got Out: Pick 11 twice, which is confusing the deal

Edited by old55

3 minutes ago, old55 said:

Ridiculously in favour of MFC. Really bad for the Dogs. Horrendous for Freo

Not really for MFC, we get two late 1st rounders and 2nd rounder for LJ. This is what we have said will get the trade done. 

I can see your point re: Dogs, maybe take pick 29 out of the equation, but then we are just giving Tommo away so Freo can pick 11, which further dilutes the LJ trade compensation fo rus.. 

Freo have to give up 2x1st round, 1x 2nd rounder if they don't find a way for a top 10 pick. They'll get other picks for Logue, Lobb etc which might end up being worth Pick 11, but its complicated whatever way you look at it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CYB said:

you may laugh, but end of the day how is Freo going to get the picks we demand for LJ. Perhaps they have to give up more in exchange for Pick 11. It was the hardest part of the equation where i think we were fairly compensated for losing Tommo and LJ. 

That's not the doggies problem and you are high if you think dogs give up those picks 

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, CYB said:

Not really for MFC, we get two late 1st rounders and 2nd rounder for LJ. This is what we have said will get the trade done. 

I can see your point re: Dogs, maybe take pick 29 out of the equation, but then we are just giving Tommo away so Freo can pick 11, which further dilutes the LJ trade compensation fo rus.. 

Freo have to give up 2x1st round, 1x 2nd rounder if they don't find a way for a top 10 pick. They'll get other picks for Logue, Lobb etc which might end up being worth Pick 11, but its complicated whatever way you look at it. 

The Lever trade was 10 + F1st for Lever and 35 (plus steak knives both ways) and Demonland thought WE got ripped off there.  That's the benchmark for this trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatFishPig said:

That's not the doggies problem and you are high if you think dogs give up those picks 

Maybe its just Tommo , Lobb, Fut 2 for Pick 11 then. That's two picks around the late 20's/low 30's. just means Freo have to throw more at us in return for LJ. Maybe their Future 2nd. Unless you think:

LJ+Tommo <> Picks 11, 13, 31 is fair. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Sadly, it isn't embarrassing for them, it's the new norm of low level journalism - not only in footy, but across a lot of the mainstream media now. Look at the sensationalist headlines around the current Hawks story in the Herald Sun: there's a cleverly worded disclaimer in each of the pieces, but the rest of it is pure conjecture, that may have little or no truth to it. Our standards, as a society, seem to have slipped so low as to what we consume media-wise, that the muck rakers and bulltish artists are no longer held to account.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CYB said:

Trade 1:

WB

MFC

FREO

Trade 2:

MFC:

WCE

Trade 3

MFC:

BFC

CFC

So we get:

Love the effort and time.  But there is no point to making up trades with picks just from this year.  Always futures involved and the Dees have recently been active in that space 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

Love the effort and time.  But there is no point to making up trades with picks just from this year.  Always futures involved and the Dees have recently been active in that space 

Where's the fun in dealing with even more speculation ;). 

Any scenario that lands us with a KPF + Grundy is a win. Pick 2 nets us Cadman. As for future picks, well that would mean we have to put up with BBB and TMac for another year and we all know that story too well. Maybe JVR changes it up and maybe Maxy learns to kick straight. but JVR needs a long term partner in crime and the other 3 are approaching their expiry date. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CYB said:

Where's the fun in dealing with even more speculation ;). 

Any scenario that lands us with a KPF + Grundy is a win. Pick 2 nets us Cadman. As for future picks, well that would mean we have to put up with BBB and TMac for another year and we all know that story too well. Maybe JVR changes it up and maybe Maxy learns to kick straight. but JVR needs a long term partner in crime and the other 3 are approaching their expiry date. 

Maybe Trac could learn to kick as well.

That's 20 or 30 goals a season while they find a KPF to replace Tom and BBB.

Max is demonstrably better behind the play rather than regularly forward.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, old55 said:

The Lever trade was 10 + F1st for Lever and 35 (plus steak knives both ways) and Demonland thought WE got ripped off there.  That's the benchmark for this trade.

I think Jackson is worth more than #1, but given we will only get 80 cents on the dollar here, I would have the Lachie Neale to Lions as the benchmark for the trade.

The Lions gave up picks #6, #19 and #55 while receiving Neale and #30. This valued Neale at #3 in points.

Freo's 2x first rounders is about worth roughly #3-4 in points. I would prefer we went for #14, North's pick #20 (for Logue), F2 & F3.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

I am pleased someone has noticed.

They've been spending futures like they are not needed because they were banking on VFL input,aka the Cats , rather than it being a permanent 2nds team or a home to keep  Weid game ready

• Like 1