2022 Tickets Thread

Gandalf46

Looking for advice for next Saturday's game vs Giants. Flying down from Qld for it.

Basically, my membership plus my two sons are in general admission but I'm looking at buying a general admission ticket so my wife can attend as well.

Does anyone know what sections general admission are at the MCG currently?

Cheers in advance.

It seems GA tickets aren't available for the Richmond game until 9 am tomorrow, and watch the price gougers kick in, surprised if anyone finds tickets under $60

Edited by Demon_spurs
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Demon_spurs said:

It seems GA tickets aren't available for the Richmond game until 10 am tomorrow, and watch the price gougers kick in, surprised if anyone finds tickets under $60

Members pre sale went on sale at 2pm today got email at 2.30pm and it says to use my barcode but my barcode isn’t up there…

I really hate this new system 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

Members pre sale went on sale at 2pm today got email at 2.30pm and it says to use my barcode but my barcode isn’t up there…

I really hate this new system 

Exactly the same issue and I tried both a barcode from last weeks ticket and my membership number and it didnt work

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sisso said:

Exactly the same issue and I tried both a barcode from last weeks ticket and my membership number and it didnt work

Called the club and they gave me the barcodes I needed.  It’s not good enough. It makes attending a big away game stressful.

why is the club even sending out an email 30 mins AFTER the tickets are on sale?why not a day or two before 

1 minute ago, Demongirl35 said:

Called the club and they gave me the barcodes I needed.  It’s not good enough. It makes attending a big away game stressful.

why is the club even sending out an email 30 mins AFTER the tickets are on sale?why not a day or two before 

I take it you have a membership which includes 'Away' games?

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I take it you have a membership which includes 'Away' games?

the instructions i got said to go to your app and there would be a ticket there (for away mbrs) and from that ticket take an option to book a seat from ticketek

i never looked or tried it because the only away tickets i have are 2 junior tickets for grandkids and they aren't available to go that day

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

The club must’ve received a few calls about barcodes not appearing Dg35. They’ve just sent another email with the barcodes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

found the instructions (email)

when you find ticket in mfc app, you then click on 'details' and it will show you the correct barcode for ticketek

Unfortunately, I only have Home game membership.

I'm really keen to get 2 tickets on level 1 or 2 to take a Qld friend coming down just for the game.   Forgot it was Richmond's Home game.

Now I need to wait for GA ticket sales which open tomorrow at the same time for Anzac Eve and Anzac DayI so Ess, Tiger and Pies fans will all be on Ticketek at the same time and clog the system..

If there is anyone out there who has two 'Away' GA memberships who aren't going to the Anzac Eve game and are happy to share their barcodes so I can get tickets tonight, I would be especially grateful.  Would be happy to contribute to a charity of one's choice.

Edited by Lucifers Hero

1 hour ago, Demon_spurs said:

It seems GA tickets aren't available for the Richmond game until 9 am tomorrow, and watch the price gougers kick in, surprised if anyone finds tickets under $60

Can I double check the 9.am tomorrow time as AFL website says 11.00 am

https://www.afl.com.au/tickets/onsale-dates/toyota-afl-premiership-season

Round 6-9 (Incl ANZAC Day)

MCG
 Tuesday, April 5 
9am – MCC Members 
1pm – AFL Members 
2pm – Club Members 

Wednesday, April 6 
11am – General Public 

Not sure if this is a newly introduced feature or an old one as I’ve never seen it before, but you can actually choose your own seats just before you click go to checkout if you don’t like the ones you get allocated.

Edited by Dee Zephyr

Ticket sales have been really poor for Anzac eve, dont worry if you have to wait till tomorrow morning, there will be plenty of level 1 seats.

Also remember, the demon army will be in the Ponsford (M33) which will probably have a lot of GA areas in it.

Doubt it will come close to 70K this year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just a general observation that it feels much harder to go to the footy this year. Not just the ticketing piece but even game day as well - maybe pre-COVID days it was the same but I don’t remember it that way.

I get that everyone is understaffed too….been waiting on an email reply from the club for two weeks now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, does anyone know the ticketing situation at the moment with Eagles home games? I'm desperate for 2 GA tickets to the round 9 game and can't find anything online. I assume with covid they are releasing tickets later than normal but it's coming up and I'm starting to get nervous.

6 hours ago, corndog said:

Hi all, does anyone know the ticketing situation at the moment with Eagles home games? I'm desperate for 2 GA tickets to the round 9 game and can't find anything online. I assume with covid they are releasing tickets later than normal but it's coming up and I'm starting to get nervous.

Lpok up eagles website or Melb website I think Round9 have just come on sale now.  

On 4/5/2022 at 4:50 PM, FearTheBeard said:

Ticket sales have been really poor for Anzac eve, dont worry if you have to wait till tomorrow morning, there will be plenty of level 1 seats.

Also remember, the demon army will be in the Ponsford (M33) which will probably have a lot of GA areas in it.

Doubt it will come close to 70K this year.

How do you know they are poor? 

9 hours ago, corndog said:

It appears that the Eagles Home games in round 7 and 9 are the only games that do not have 'buy tickets' alongside them on AFL Website.  (Future rounds ticket purchases not yet shown for any team).

https://www.afl.com.au/fixture?Competition=1&CompSeason=43&MatchTimezone=MY_TIME&Regions=2&ShowBettingOdds=1&GameWeeks=7&Teams=1&Venues=13

https://www.afl.com.au/fixture?Competition=1&CompSeason=43&MatchTimezone=MY_TIME&Regions=2&ShowBettingOdds=1&GameWeeks=9&Teams=1&Venues=13

Ticketmaster is the agent for sale of tickets at Optus Oval.  I checked their website but the Eagles games for round 7 and 9 do not appear.

Its a bit weird but there may be some other arrangement in place for Eagles Home games.  

Perhaps best to call the club.

Oh the joy of living in covid 2022. This morning after deciding to go to my first game since 2019 I went on to the MFC ap as instructed. Result it will not recognise me. Tells me my password is incorrect which it isn't. However to humour the app I changed the password. Still same result. Looks like I will be watching on TV. Can I please just have a card that lets me in the gate. If they want to convince me that I should stay home this is the perfect way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, old dee said:

Oh the joy of living in covid 2022. This morning after deciding to go to my first game since 2019 I went on to the MFC ap as instructed. Result it will not recognise me. Tells me my password is incorrect which it isn't. However to humour the app I changed the password. Still same result. Looks like I will be watching on TV. Can I please just have a card that lets me in the gate. If they want to convince me that I should stay home this is the perfect way. 

od, this has been a common problem with an easy fix but the fix can only be done by the club.  They reset your password, send you an email etc.

The club has a booth between gates 3 and 4 to help with accessing the mfc app so if you wish you can still go to the game.  Maybe have a copy of your membership renewal/invoice/number.

• Like 3