Jump to content

  • Podcast: Mid-Season Review 2022  

  • Podcast: Mid-Season Review 2022  

2022 Tickets Thread


Gandalf46
 Share


Recommended Posts

Bleeding red n blue from the NSW Far South Coast.  Super keen to be at the G for Round 1....  I've got accommodation booked and there's plenty of flights available from Canberra.  Only concern is there's nothing on the internet as to when the AFL will be releasing tickets (or how many the Vic Govt are looking to allow at this point in time)  Was curious if Dees supporters in Melbourne have heard anything given the game is under five weeks away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gandalf46 said:

Bleeding red n blue from the NSW Far South Coast.  Super keen to be at the G for Round 1....  I've got accommodation booked and there's plenty of flights available from Canberra.  Only concern is there's nothing on the internet as to when the AFL will be releasing tickets (or how many the Vic Govt are looking to allow at this point in time)  Was curious if Dees supporters in Melbourne have heard anything given the game is under five weeks away?

At this stage it looks like it’ll be 100% capacity. That’s provided there’s no drastic change in circumstances re omicron. Fingers crossed!  

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I can't imagine tickets will go on sale any earlier than Monday 7 March.

May even be as late as Monday 14 March.

Gosh, I hope you're wrong (but it makes sense though).  Fingers crossed they can do it a bit earlier...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought I would bump this thread and see if there was anymore news locally about ticket sales? I am looking to come down for my second ever game at the MCG for the flag unfurling. My other game was the 2018 final v Hawthorn so ticketing was a lot easier back then.

I would also like to ask some advice from anyone willing to give it about areas of the ground that are usually mostly Melbourne supporters. Also is it actually a 6pm start Mebourne time is that just my computer messing with my QLD location?

The last question I have is where is a good place for a prematch drink with like minded Dees supporters. We will be staying on the CBD and walking to the ground. In Brisbane it's the Pineapple hotel for us.

Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, Gandalf46 said:

Gosh, I hope you're wrong (but it makes sense though).  Fingers crossed they can do it a bit earlier...

They should call you Gandalf the impatient!

😂

Edited by DubDee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Thought I would bump this thread and see if there was anymore news locally about ticket sales? I am looking to come down for my second ever game at the MCG for the flag unfurling. My other game was the 2018 final v Hawthorn so ticketing was a lot easier back then.

I would also like to ask some advice from anyone willing to give it about areas of the ground that are usually mostly Melbourne supporters. Also is it actually a 6pm start Mebourne time is that just my computer messing with my QLD location?

The last question I have is where is a good place for a prematch drink with like minded Dees supporters. We will be staying on the CBD and walking to the ground. In Brisbane it's the Pineapple hotel for us.

Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, can't help with the ticket sales stuff but the Melbourne time kick off is 710pm, no doubt a bit of ceremony prior due to the unfurling of the flag. A lot of the Dee Army meet at the London Tavern in Richmond before games. We sometimes catch up with a few people there depending where we are staying. We also frequent the Transport Bar or the Arbory (jammed between the Yarra and Flinders St Station). Both are easy walking to the Gee. The Arbory does a fabulous Lobster Roll and other tasty fare and good selection of beers and cocktails. Yes that's where we will set off from.

Oh and yes we have been to the Pineapple and like the German Club also!

Edited by dworship
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dworship said:

Sorry, can't help with the ticket sales stuff but the Melbourne time kick off is 710pm, no doubt a bit of ceremony prior due to the unfurling of the flag. A lot of the Dee Army meet at the London Tavern in Richmond before games. We sometimes catch up with a few people there depending where we are staying. We also frequent the Transport Bar or the Arbory (jammed between the Yarra and Flinders St Station). Both are easy walking to the Gee. The Arbory does a fabulous Lobster Roll and other tasty fare and good selection of beers and cocktails. Yes that's where we will set off from.

Oh and yes we have been to the Pineapple and like the German Club also!

Thanks Dw, I'll look those up. The Arbory sounds good with some good food and a nice wine before the walk 🙂.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


from hs

AFL tickets will go on sale to club members on March 1 and the general public on March 2, ahead of the season opener on March 16.

In another win for footy starved Victorians forced to watch their team on TV during successive lockdowns, ticket box offices closed due to the pandemic will reopen at stadiums for the first time in two years, allowing fans to buy tickets on the day.

Members will be allowed to return to reserved seats and fans previously restricted to zones separate zones will be allowed to meet at bars around the ground.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Satan said:


from hs

AFL tickets will go on sale to club members on March 1 and the general public on March 2, ahead of the season opener on March 16.

In another win for footy starved Victorians forced to watch their team on TV during successive lockdowns, ticket box offices closed due to the pandemic will reopen at stadiums for the first time in two years, allowing fans to buy tickets on the day.

Members will be allowed to return to reserved seats and fans previously restricted to zones separate zones will be allowed to meet at bars around the ground.

Thanks 😊👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Tickets on sale tomorrow, though I’m still confused around process for members and can’t find specific info on any websites.

- Do GA members need to ‘purchase’ a ticket? 
- Is there a limit to number of tickets per transaction? (Ie; 6 or 10) 

- Or can we just rock up, scan in and find a seat like the good old days? 
 

If anyone has any answers I’d be eternally grateful, for a while! 

Edited by Deemented Are Go!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard a whisper of a well known performer that might be singing at the game.

Can't say who just yet. I'll hopefully get it confirmed closer to the game....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Tickets on sale tomorrow, though I’m still confused around process for members and can’t find specific info on any websites.

- Do GA members need to ‘purchase’ a ticket? 
- Is there a limit to number of tickets per transaction? (Ie; 6 or 10) 

- Or can we just rock up, scan in and find a seat like the good old days? 
 

If anyone has any answers I’d be eternally grateful, for a while! 

Club members and Public release go on sale at Ticketek at 2.00pm tomorrow Tuesday 1st March.

Mcc and AFL members are on sale same day from 9.00am

There are limits on guest tcikets, obviously 1 ticket per member bar code.

The entire MCG will be fully ticketed. No Ticket, can't get in.  i.e no walk ups for this match as per MCC Ticketing info, even if not a sell out.

Edited by Demon17
spelling mistakes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flying over for this. Dogs will want revenge. Should be a cracking game!

Just wondering which end of the ground will the demon army be sitting @? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Heard a whisper of a well known performer that might be singing at the game.

Can't say who just yet. I'll hopefully get it confirmed closer to the game....

I belt out a good version of it’s a grand old flag at the end of the game. Hopefully that’s not letting the cat out of the bag.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Club members and Public release go on sale at Ticketek at 2.00pm tomorrow Tuesday 1st March.

Mcc and AFL members are on sale same day from 9.00am

There are limits on guest tcikets, obviously 1 ticket per member bar code.

The entire MCG will be fully ticketed. No Ticket, can't get in.  i.e no walk ups for this match as per MCC Ticketing info, even if not a sell out.

AFL members are from 1pm iirc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Heard a whisper of a well known performer that might be singing at the game.

Can't say who just yet. I'll hopefully get it confirmed closer to the game....

Heard the same rumour. Can’t see it happening given how big the name is but you never know

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Flying over for this. Dogs will want revenge. Should be a cracking game!

Just wondering which end of the ground will the demon army be sitting @? 

Punt road end for home games.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Club members and Public release go on sale at Ticketek at 2.00pm tomorrow Tuesday 1st March.

Mcc and AFL members are on sale same day from 9.00am

There are limits on guest tcikets, obviously 1 ticket per member bar code.

The entire MCG will be fully ticketed. No Ticket, can't get in.  i.e no walk ups for this match as per MCC Ticketing info, even if not a sell out.

Email from the club said members don’t need to buy a ticket via Ticketek, just scan your membership. Which is great. ‘Tickets’ made available via the app 72hrs before the game 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Punt road end for home games.

Thanks, I was going to ask the same thing. Only been to the G once before for a final in 2018, just took what I could get then. I'm sure Marty would agree, any other advice would be appreciated. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to 2022 Tickets Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    JUNGLE KINGS by George On The Outer

    The top of the table Brisbane Lions came into their game against Melbourne thinking they were kings of the AFL Jungle. However, by game’s end they were shown to be toothless, as the rampant Demons gave them a lesson about the exact level you have to be at to justify that mantle.  The first quarter saw Brisbane squander some easy chances in front of goal, which kept Melbourne within striking distance and, as a result, the Lions led by a mere goal. Of course, it could have been so much d

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A STEP FORWARD? by The Oracle

    The winds of change have blown through the Melbourne Football Club over the past month or so as the team previously known for applying relentless pressure on opponents dramatically fell from its pedestal to a low not seen for some three years. This is a team that had the luxury of going through last season with one of the healthiest lists in the competition. And that health was not only reflected in a weekly injury list that revealed very few key players missing, but importantly, even fewer

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HUMBLE PIE by George on the Outer

    Seventeen wins in a row followed by a trio of losses.  The invincible Demon juggernaut was simply humbled by the Pies in that third loss, as once again they gave up an early three goal plus lead, to be over-run in the end. Is it loading? Perhaps. Is it the loss of players? Perhaps More likely, they are a combination of the two. Certainly, we have seen the side take an early lead in all of these games only to fade as reflected on the scoreboard where Melbourne has been outscored

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EARLY FREEZE by KC from Casey

    If the publicity ahead of Queens Birthday Monday was all about the Big Freeze and the game to follow the pre-game entertainment then the hardy group that braved the country’s cold snap to travel out to the windy plains beyond Cranbourne were given an early taste of what was to come in the Casey's big 52-point win over Collingwood VFL. The day started well with the Demons comprehensively beating the VFLW Magpies in the curtain-raiser elimination final and then their male counterparts donned

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE CURSE by Norm Smith’s Ghost

    Melbourne’s fortunes took a dramatic turn for the worst on the day the Anthony Albanese was elected as Prime Minister. Since that fateful day, Steven May pinged his hamstring early in the match against the Dockers, Harry Petty came off the ground in consecutive games feeling the worse for wear, it was revealed that Tom McDonald’s foot was in messy shape, the Herald Sun exclusively reported that two years ago, Demon committee members exchanged emails critical of the team after it lost a game by 5

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    BANGED UP by George On The Outer

    Melbourne v Sydney. City v City. Two top eight sides fighting for finals spots.  Sydney having beaten the Demons in ten of their last twelve encounters.    In what would turn out to be one of the most hotly contested games for the club in 2022, the physical damage to players was probably the deciding factor in the end.   Once again, Melbourne lost Tom McDonald pre-game to a yet unspecified foot injury.  More importantly was how much his work up the ground and bullocking influ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TEN by KC from Casey

    The slippery surface of the MCG was a minor detail for the Casey Demons as they waltzed away from the Sydney Swans to record their tenth win on end in their Saturday afternoon curtain raiser. The Demons conceded the first goal of the game before recording the next three (two to Sam Weideman) to hold a 16 point lead at the first break before the Swans pegged that back to a mere three points at half time. Casey dominated the third term with four goals to nil and thereafter the Swans’ resistan

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE COMEBACK by Whispering Jack

    How will Melbourne react to losing a game after such a long time since tasting defeat? That question is on everybody’s lips after the complete collapse of the team in the second half against Fremantle last week. When Bayley Fritsch missed his shot at goal 23 minutes into the second term, the Demons were 30 points ahead but from that point onward they were comprehensively overwhelmed as their structures fell apart all over the park. Unlike what occurred on a number of occasions during their

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SURVIVAL MODE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons managed to survive a day of challenges that in many ways mirrored their AFL counterpart Narrm from the previous day but Casey emerged undefeated from their Round 10 encounter with Frankston at Skybus Stadium. Like the Demon seniors they were undermanned and lost players due to late withdrawals, went through an arm wrestle in the first quarters, took over the game in the second to set up a big lead before a late goal gave hope to their opponent and limped through a last half

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    DEES-MANTLED by George On The Outer

    Well the streak has finally ended, but in the worst possible way, when Fremantle absolutely dismantled Melbourne to record an emphatic 38 point win. This ended the 17 game winning streak of the Demons, but worse to report was that Melbourne led the game by nearly 5 goals in the second quarter, before the Dockers banged through 10 straight goals. In fact they kicked 13 goals to 1 from that point just before half time. So what happened?  Melbourne aren’t accustomed

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DISMANTLE by The Oracle

    The Flagmantle dynasty has been in train for less than half a season but on Saturday evening at the MCG its hopes are set to be derailed when it meets the team from Narrm. If you’re still living back in the days before the start of the 2022 AFL season then my opening comment probably makes very little sense. This is because very few people had heard of Narrm at the time and most folk could not then have anticipated the AFL’s early season rise of the Fremantle Dockers whose fans went into r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE CALM OF NARRM by George On The Outer

    In a fitting opening to the Doug Nicholls Round, the haunting voice of Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu spread calm around a near empty, misty Docklands stadium. Meanwhile, the Narrm players, quietly warming up pre-game, seemed to take on the same calmness for their upcoming task against North Melbourne.   Sure, this was the top of the ladder premiership side playing the lowly cellar dweller, but this Demons side is now one who just quietly go about their job, and slowly ever so slowly and ca

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...