• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Big Issues

Jaded No More

- The hardwork that we became known for last year, gone

- Cannot compete in the ruck

- Too many senior players who cannot dispose of the ball, yes Bruce I'm looking at you!

- The same passangers go missing when the heat is on. Typically TJ, Bruce, Green, Davey

- Davey. Enough said.

- Heavy reliance on two extermely inexperienced players in McLean and Jones to win the clearances. Jones' disposal under pressure is shakey at best, and with McLean out the entire midfield lacks direction.

- Injuries to key players.... again.

- Godfrey was our best midfielder. Hang your head in shame Melbourne midfielders!

- DISPOSAL, DISPOSAL, DISPOSAL

- Daniher

Feel free to add to the list...

- Too many senior players who cannot dispose of the ball, yes Bruce I'm looking at you!

- The same passangers go missing when the heat is on. Typically TJ, Bruce, Green, Davey

- Davey. Enough said.

- Heavy reliance on two extermely inexperienced players in McLean and Jones to win the clearances. Jones' disposal under pressure is shakey at best, and with McLean out the entire midfield lacks direction.

- Godfrey was our best midfielder. Hang your head in shame Melbourne midfielders!

- Daniher

i refuse to listen to the rest of this crap post after the bruce bashing .... he was one of our best today and like it or not he is out best player.... u had ur way with YZE he was dropped.....

now u wanna look at the people who cant kick.... BATE> JONES>BROWN

No serious harm to Robbo...unlikely to play round 3 but no long term injury

Davey ankle fine

Bell broken nose. played on

Moloney carf...but this guy will always be injury prone mark my word.

Neitz - 6 weeks

Absoutely ZERO leadership again today.

Think you got most of it though Jaded can't add anything.

If Miller, Godders and Ward are close to your best :o !

Geelong next week - oh jeeezzzuuuzzz :lol: !

Lucky Geelong are as fickle, frustrating, promising and at the end of the day down right rubbish as us (see last flag wins).

We will probably pump them by 10 goals! :unsure:

We will probably pump them by 10 goals! :unsure:

HAHA no way. Geel are an ok team and will absolutly kill us. No Neitz no win

i refuse to listen to the rest of this crap post after the bruce bashing .... he was one of our best today and like it or not he is out best player.... u had ur way with YZE he was dropped.....

Have you not been watching us for the last 2 years. Bruce is up there with Ward and Godders for kicking IMO. He can get the ball and is a decent set shot but he cannot kick while running AND he is one of our best players. That probably says enough.

Have you not been watching us for the last 2 years. Bruce is up there with Ward and Godders for kicking IMO..

Bruce wishes he could kick as well as those 2 guys

No serious harm to Robbo...unlikely to play round 3 but no long term injury

Davey ankle fine

Bell broken nose. played on

Moloney carf...but this guy will always be injury prone mark my word.

Neitz - 6 weeks

Heard nothing about Moloney.

The Doc on MMM said Neita was doing the warm-down and looked fine, and we shouldn't rule him out for next week.

wtf bruce was good, jones lifted and was crucial even if he lacked in disposal, godfrey was not our best midfielder please someone please notice McDonald best by far. Other than that though i completely agree with u. We played shithouse today and i cant believe our 2nd and 3rd Qrts.

Melbourne will lose to Geelong unless serious changes are made.

Good i hope bruce gets dropped to play with sandy this week and yze and him can play together ... i wont need to watch a melb game .....

Jaded and yze magic serve up the most pesimistic crap i have ever heard.....

Bruce cant kick (up for debate) atleast he goes and gets the bloody ball. 29 times ..... ur lack of respect for a player who tries hard week in week out for melb .... if everyone played like him there would be none of this coz we would smash every team.....

get some bloody respect Yze magic and Jaded u are a discrace ....

i thought godfrey played reasonably well today, had quite a few touches, more than most, put in a good effort all day, kicked a couple of goals. he looked alright when up forward, but his set shot kicking clearly isnt up to it. i dont think anyone can have a go at godfrey today. if we had've won godfreys contribution would have been invaluable and his lack of finesse forgiven.

miller played one of his best games at the club for some time. ~20 touches and 3 goals (i think 3 goals is the most he has kicked ina game, can anyone correct me, i know he's done 3 before) is not a bad effort. if he had that impact every week of the year i'd be happy. he made a few handling errors but given how everyone played arouynd him, he can be forgiven. was one of our best.

Another one to add to the list is attitude.

At the start of every quarter I watched our players closely, and a lot of them had their head down, hands on hips and they just looked defeated. Hold your head up, and take some pride in the jumper.

It may only be a minor issue, but it's part of a bigger problem in regards to mental fragility and loser mentality.

Guest dee'viator

You have a softspot for all the softest of our players, my fear is your siiting on it.

Good i hope bruce gets dropped to play with sandy this week and yze and him can play together ... i wont need to watch a melb game .....

Jaded and yze magic serve up the most pesimistic crap i have ever heard.....

Bruce cant kick (up for debate) atleast he goes and gets the bloody ball. 29 times ..... ur lack of respect for a player who tries hard week in week out for melb .... if everyone played like him there would be none of this coz we would smash every team.....

get some bloody respect Yze magic and Jaded u are a discrace ....

Get your head out of the sand BB

Yze Magic & Jaded are spot on - 29 disposals would mean so much more if the guy could hit targets, kick important goals &

show some leadership when needed. No denying his potential, but he like the rest of the team in 07 is currently ordinary.

You can add Supporters in denial to your list.

No AFL list that contains Holland, N.Brown, Godfrey, Ward, Jamar, & a 10 year coach who has never delivered

The Holy Grail will ever seriously challenge in this Comp.

Lets get Byron & Col straight back in to add the grunt & play some kids who can firstly get then dispose of the footy.

I hate losing as much as anoyone but I'm going to go against the tide here, I was impresed with TJ today, he couldn't get a kick, he was having a dog of a day, but he still got 7 tackles. He was having a crack (I realise his direct opponents have destroyed us 2 weeks running).

Whelan played the wrost game I've seen of him, it wont be repeated!

We got rid of run and carry (duck and cover)

I am a doubter but Brad Miller showed enough today. If he continues to take contested marks and kick staight we'll be alot better team.

Chris Jonhson better show something soon at the top level. I love the father son rule despite Geelong's luck Scarlett, Ablett, Ablett , Tomerhawke . We've got Jonhnson who just doesn't get it enough and doesn't have any influence on the game whatsover.

Aaron Davey was WOG in the practise match against Geelong before the season started, he couldn't get a kick against the

Saints and was hopeless today. He gets a lot of media attenton but hasn't actually achieved enough to warrant it for mine.

Butter fingers bate, he can get to the right position, and he can kick it a mile but I worry about his ability to grab it first up.

bruce should have had a shot on goal at the city end instead he passed it 20 meters to a contest! i mean what the??????

when godfrey is one of the best your in trouble, TJ might have had 7 tackles which is great but he didnt have 7 kicks before 3/4 time

ND will be odds on fav to be first coach sacked now, im off to put on a tenner that it happens and ill be the happeist man alive

- Davey. Enough said.

- Daniher

Agree completely.

Main problem is a failure to gain mid field clearances and then when we have the ball to play direct football.

bruce should have had a shot on goal at the city end instead he passed it 20 meters to a contest! i mean what the??????

when godfrey is one of the best your in trouble, TJ might have had 7 tackles which is great but he didnt have 7 kicks before 3/4 time

ND will be odds on fav to be first coach sacked now, im off to put on a tenner that it happens and ill be the happeist man alive

I don't think the board would sack Daniher, if we keep playing this way he won't be at the club next year anyway.

... but I'm going to go against the tide here, I was impresed with TJ today, he couldn't get a kick, he was having a dog of a day, but he still got 7 tackles. He was having a crack...

i understand what you are saying. he didnt drop his head and stand still. he is out of form but honestly tried to get the pill. it is hard when getting the tag. unforunatly, when we use bruce to cover holes in defence he doesnt need to be tagged, and when mclean is out he isnt tagged, so its tigger who gets held up.

Mate I think you are being a bit sensitive. Our field kicking on the whole was pretty bad, it was amazing some of the floaters I saw today even hit targets but Bruce was amongst the worst offenders. Yes, probably because he got the ball more than some of his team mates. Not Bruceys fault either he is constantly lauded in the media as one of the games elite and therefore draws ire from supporters.

I simply want the gap between his good and bad to close. He had a brilliant first quarter today but then went missing for the next two quarters.