TEAMS: Rd 16 vs GWS

Demonland

5 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

The AFL's website has this information now. Go to the game's page (for this one it's here: https://www.afl.com.au/matches/3108) and then go to Player Stats, and use the advanced stats to find intercept marks and possession (as well as pressure acts and plenty of other info).

Nah [censored] that.

The MCG is our home ground. We deserve to play where we want to play.

At any rate, there's not a huge difference between the crowd we'll get tomorrow and what we'd get under "normal" conditions.

Look, I love going to the 'G, watching at the 'G etc - but if playing there costs us more than we make - we need to look at other options. 

24 minutes ago, D Rev said:

Look, I love going to the 'G, watching at the 'G etc - but if playing there costs us more than we make - we need to look at other options. 

Problem is we still don't turn up in numbers as shown last week.
I feel for the players.
Working their arzes off and we're cheering from home.

Edited by Fork 'em

2 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

I wonder how much of this is due to uncertainty around ticketing / covid etc?

If the club came out in force and said; we have 20k tickets available for supporters at x ground - members get in for free etc - we should pack the place

2 minutes ago, D Rev said:

I wonder how much of this is due to uncertainty around ticketing / covid etc?

If the club came out in force and said; we have 20k tickets available for supporters at x ground - members get in for free etc - we should pack the place

Yeah, covid maybe.
Richmond only got about 9k there last night.
But for the most part we're not a very rabid supporter base.
Never have been.
Not in my lifetime anyway.

19 minutes ago, bingers said:

I'm going ... plus 3 friends.

And to be clear I know many posting here are diehards.
But many are not.
I'd love to attend more games but its a 700k round trip.
And I've done that trip many times to watch us get flogged.
Makes for a long drive home.

Once I drove down for Garry Lyons 200th game against Collingwood.
Got to the outskirts of town and heard on the radio that Lyon had pulled out.
We then proceeded to get smacked.
That really hurt.

And I've accumulated many other tales since.
Often with the poor kids in the car trying to light their Melbourne FC fire.
Backfired on me that plan.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

An lot of support for bb posted here.

So I think we may see him next week.

Heres hoping we kick enough goals this round.

I feel the game plan revolves around stopping enough goals.

20 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Huh?

Dylan Moore kicked 4.  He’s 176cm. 

O’Brien kicked 2, from 5 marks. Good but nothing spectacular. Koschitzke barely touched it. Most of the rest of their goals were from mids. 

They're marking rather than their goal kicking, the Hawks seemed to be outnaeking then all over the ground and especially up forward.

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Tough call to support

Cats ...dont want them top four...too dangerous.

Dons.....supporters too crazy.

Hopefully a draw

6 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Suspect you are right. I don’t feel the club had been particularly proactive in enticing fans to come along. I understand the reasons why there are very few ppl going, particularly when you have a large group you wish to go with, the system is a nightmare . I just reckon they could be a bit more public with urging fans to attend. We are top of the friggin ladder! It sucks that we can’t have a normal crowd at the moment 

• Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Not sure if this is a serious comment... But I'll pass it on to the whole department at my business that work full time on it.

We employ a full time social media manager. It takes little time to add an extra post for the week. Or drop the fluff pieces on Laurie playing his VFL game. I’m sure there is a face palm emoji coming. 

Edited by Kick_It_To_Pickett
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Pretty sensible selection for mine.

There would not have been the Demonland push for Ben Brown to come in had we kicked straight last week. And while Brown was solid in the VFL, 5 goals flattered his performance a little bit IMO. Moreover, Sparrow was the player mostly likely in the gun and he was very good last week in limited game time.

My feel is that in order for Brown or Weideman to force their way up from the VFL, they really need to be taking some big high pack marks , covering a lot of kilometres and kicking straight. Without that trifecta they are both liabilities.

Hit the nail on the head.

15 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

I feel for the players.
Working their arzes off and we're cheering from home.

I’m going, as is my daughter! 160k round trip. Looking forward to the match but understand why others may be reluctant to attend - very cold 10C day, parking restrictions, cheap $5.00 Kayo membership, difficulty obtaining seats etc. Easy to stay home, stay warm and have a few beers while watching on the big TV screen! (Gee, almost convinced myself to stay home - nah I’m going) 

Go Dee’s!

• Like 1

As we have learnt over the last 18 months if you stay at home for the “big screen” coverage you also have the insufferable commentators to navigate. Cannot get to the ground quick enough today, Go Dees.

11 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

We employ a full time social media manager. It takes little time to add an extra post for the week. Or drop the fluff pieces on Laurie playing his VFL game. I’m sure there is a face palm emoji coming. 

There is, because you're just making it more obvious you have no idea how business uses social media.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, daisycutter said:

interersting

jilong had same number of scoring shots as we did against bummers

bummers kicked same score as against us

now we just need to learn how to kick straight

Spot on!

Demons missed 6 shots last week they should be kicking. Problem is that it seems to happen nearly every week. I hope we have upped the anti on practicing goalkicking!

Hawkins and Cameron both didn’t look like missing when they were kicking for goal.

Amongst worst nightmares is losing a final to Geelong seeing Demons kick 8.15 and cats kicking 10.4!

It’s also another reason I would like to see BBB in the team.

• Like 1