Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Lets remove the Norm Smith Curse

This is being distributed . I hope the faithful like the idea .

On the 16th of May 2021 the Bell will Toll for Melbourne Football Club ( MFC ) supporters to sing You Will Never Walk Alone . The song will be dedicated to the MFC and people suffering the consequences of mental health disease .

The Apollo ( god of healing , music , songs and CURSES ) Mission will support the Movember and the Danny Frawley Centre charities and exorcise the Norm Smith Curse .

The club has been informed as have senior members of the Present and Past Players Association.

Our supporter groups dream is that if we play PA in this year’s GF we can respond to their song and tear them apart .

The song is from the Hammerstein and Rogers musical Carousel ( 1945 ) . The Liverpool and Celtic clubs used it after hearing the Gerry and the Pacemakers cover  ( 1965 ) . It is used by clubs around the world including the Tokyo FC .

All spectators are invited to sing with us for a wonderful cause .

Please spread the word as the count down has started .

An media statement will be released next week .

I am the groups spokesperson .

Craig 0417339993

When you are part of the MFC you will never walk alone !

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Never believed in the curse, me.

It's like black cats, breaking mirrors and walking under ladders plus a bit of voodoo, a pinch of astrology , some tarot card reading  and seeking advice from a witch doctor, a gypsy with a crustal ball or chancing at the ouija board.

There's no place for superstition at all, at all. Might as well believe in leprechauns.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

This is the real Hutchy, I knew it.

Great cause!

We need photographic evidence.
A photo of him holding one of those homemade, handwritten signs confirming who he is while also blowing a snot rocket will be ample proof. 

34 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Great cause but there is no way on earth I’ll be singing YNWA. It’ll be The Blue Sea of Ibrox or Penny Arcade. 

Yes I'm all for supporting mental health, but would rather not singing a song idolized/used by Celtic/Liverpool fans aha

Let me donate in silence instead aha

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Yes I'm all for supporting mental health, but would rather not singing a song idolized/used by Celtic/Liverpool fans aha

Let me donate in silence instead aha

Agreed Roy. Despite the motivation to drown out anything sung by Inxs we should have a totally separate anthem that has no links to any overseas football team or even one that is necessarily sports related. I've added a link on my post to our fans singing the Roy Orbison song Penny Arcade which is a cracking tune when sung by 50,000 'bears'. Brentford fans sing Hey Jude before a game which is also really good. YNWA is a lazy option in my eyes and anyone that doesn't like the two teams most associated with it are never going to sing it. Terrific cause though. 

Would the other Hutchison ( spelt differently ) be silly enough to put his number on the message ?

I love the song . It is the final song in the musical Rogers thought their best . Lets make it ours as I cant think of anything else to match Port Adelaide .

Saw 95000 sing the song at the G and imagined the Red of Liverpool as the Red and Blue of the Dees .

No curse eh ? What would have been the odds of the MFC powerhouse not winning a GF in 50 years in 1965 ?

Norm Smith played in 4 and coached 6 winning grand finals . 10 out  of our 12 .

The Bambino Red ( that colour again ) Sox curse lasted for 87 years after they moved Babe Ruth on .

They did exorcisms outside Fenway Park and a supporter even took a cap to the top of Everest to end it .

It is a GREAT cause and I hope you will all send it some good fortune .

The fuse is lit .

When you are part of the MFC you will never walk alone !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Agreed Roy. Despite the motivation to drown out anything sung by Inxs we should have a totally separate anthem that has no links to any overseas football team or even one that is necessarily sports related. I've added a link on my post to our fans singing the Roy Orbison song Penny Arcade which is a cracking tune when sung by 50,000 'bears'. Brentford fans sing Hey Jude before a game which is also really good. YNWA is a lazy option in my eyes and anyone that doesn't like the two teams most associated with it are never going to sing it. Terrific cause though. 

Yep, get a unique song!

Just Noticed all your fav players, well played.

At my 18th (many moons ago) had the Cup Final on in the background- Went absolutely bonkers when King Peter hit the 90th minute winner. 

• Like 2

Sorry one more post for tonight .

I get the feeling you think this is a joke . 

PA supporters singing " Never Tear Us Apart " fires up their players ( not as good as the HAKA ) . I saw their supporters help the team win a GF once and they plan to do it again . A wonderful supporter lead initiative . I know Carlton are looking for a song .

We are looking for our FIRST song , not our 10th . I cant see Penny Arcade /Lane scaring any opposition . Maybe Tie me kangaroo down sport if you want something Ozzie . It would be better than Collingwood playing Metallica's Nothing Else Matters . Ha Ha .

The song was written by Hammerstein and Rogers for a musical not a football match . Bill Shankly , the legendry Liverpool manager ( the Gates at Anfield are named after him ) heard the song and was " in awe " of the words and tune . 

Why has the song become the most famous pre game song in the world ?

All passionate supporters I have spoken to like the idea and I am serious .

Have a good night !

• Love 1

David Birdie should be commissioned to provide our unique anthem.

He has an uncanny ability to produce deeply emotional and evocative music to match lyrics.

• Like 2

There’s no such thing. It’s a poor excuse for bad performances. 
That’s like saying St Kilda had a curse. We’re just not good enough. Other factors, Barassi leaving, the fact that our 1964 team wasn’t our best team, very poor player list from 1966-1987.

The idea that Norm Smith returned and played under his own curse is laughable. IF he put a curse, he would have removed it when returning. We had 2 more very poor seasons under Smith (I suppose conspiracy theorists would claim he was “deliberately” losing ?) Swans fired him and still won the premiership.

Lets stop making excuses

Edited by Cassiew
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

This is the real Hutchy, I knew it.

Great cause!

The real Hutchy would have had Carpet Call presenting the post on behalf of McDonalds and Drouin Machinery Maintenance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Doesn't have to be the Liverpool song. There are plenty of Rogers & Hammerstein songs we can use for inspiration.

There is nothing like our game ♪
Nothing in the world
There is nothing you can name ♫
That is anything like our game!

Some enchanted evening
You may play the Tigers ♫
You may play the Tigers
In the Anzac game ...

How do you solve a problem like Petracca?
How do you tackle his legs and pin him down? ♪
But how do you make him stay
And stop all his wonderful play?
How do you keep C.P. from getting a stat?
How do you solve a problem like Petracca?
How do you you stop a bull mid in combat?

High on the ladder were the mighty Demons ♪
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Loud were the fans of these feisty he-men ♫
Lay ee odl, lay ee odl-oo
(Now that would be truly awesome sung at full throat by 80,00+ fans)

(When we've won a few more flags ...)
We have sixteen, going on seventeen ... ♫

Our signature song doesn't have to be an R&O one. How about:

Memories ♫
Of our time in the fifties
When we won lots of finals
We were wonderful then ♪
(to be sung by Kosipickett the Glamour Demon)

Don't cry for us, football journos
The truth is, you never loved us ♪
All through our down years
When we were spooners
You always scorned us
So keep your distance ♫

Super Melbourne football team is known to be ferocious ♪
Although in the Neeld years we were really quite atrocious ♫

While we're thinking of musicals, there's an old yankee one by George M. Cohen called "George Washington, Jr." The show is only remembered for one song, "You're a Grand Old Flag". That could well be adapted to become our signature song, if only people would get on board with that.

Why would we copy some other club's tradition? We might as well stick "yellow and black" in our club song words because it's always pretty cool to hear that being roared out.

While the cause is worthy, it's possible to do two things at once: admire what other clubs around the world do, and not feel the urge to grab a bit of that for ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd rather be boiled in oil than do community singing - even for a good cause - but hope you have better luck than when Collingwood tried to get the crowd to sing Nothing Else Matters by Metallica and were greeted with dead silence.

Edited by Supermercado
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Craig H I also believe that it is time for MFC supporters to lift their heads in pride again as we did in the 50’s & 60’s. It is time for us to support each other and show that we care for a great cause in our society and at the same time show that we are now bold enough to follow the lead of other great clubs around the world.

We do not have to be afraid to step into the spotlight for our great re- emergence. I draw a lot of comfort from MFC and DLand and we need to encourage more of our supporters out of their bunkers.

I know that I Never Walk Alone as a MFC member and supporter.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

we have one.  hells bells.  

I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain
I'm coming on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only young, but you're gonna die
I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives
Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get ya, Satan get ya

Edited by pinkshark
  • Haha 2

The ringing of the Bell is magnificent and a wonderful call to the faithful that our team are coming onto the ground .

I replay the clip regularly but always stop when the singing starts .

The song is way too hard to sing . Your Gunna Die is not like you will never walk alone .

PLEASE - some serious suggestions !!!!!!!

• Like 1