Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 58er said:

There us no doubt that Covid has knocked off between 5/8,000 members and consequently a similar amount from our match day attendances.

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO GET TO THE "G" WHEN CROWDS GO BACK.

Most of these absentees will want Finals  tickets in September to attend and hopefully 100% safe Covid Plan will be in operation.

We will ( as Perty said last week) break our all time record this year of 52,000 odd before July 31 close of totals.

Are you or your friends still among the absentees or are you still a doubting Thomas??

Act while the iron is hot!!

I like your confidence that We will be going to games again in 2021. 

  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate my 20 year membership certificate is signed by Mark Neeld. It could be worse. 

49,666

Fair enough Old Dee. My Dad died late last year, so this is my first season without him, and it has taken on a melancholy tone as a result. But I must say, I did feel perked up after a couple of beaut

Posted Images

On 4/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, roy11 said:

Is it too early to look into the Grand Final Guarantee, LIDS OFF!

How many of you have taken up the GFG?

Made a joke about the itchy trigger finger at the start of May, I can tell you right now the SAFETY is off. 

  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2021 at 5:18 PM, old dee said:

I like your confidence that We will be going to games again in 2021. 

The AFL are going to try as much as possible to get Vic back to crowds  after this lockdown.  Remember they were 85% !!

They  Will carefully return with the Finals in mind at the G .

What's  with the "WE" OD you haven't even gone outside your door to go to a game according to your posts!!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, 58er said:

There us no doubt that Covid has knocked off between 5/8,000 members and consequently a similar amount from our match day attendances.

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO GET TO THE "G" WHEN CROWDS GO BACK.

Most of these absentees will want Finals  tickets in September to attend and hopefully 100% safe Covid Plan will be in operation.

We will ( as Perty said last week) break our all time record this year of 52,000 odd before July 31 close of totals.

Are you or your friends still among the absentees or are you still a doubting Thomas??

Act while the iron is hot!!

Took your advice and upgraded family memberships and purchased all our GFG's. I believe GFG's selling like hot cakes today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

Took your advice and upgraded family memberships and purchased all our GFG's. I believe GFG's selling like hot cakes today.

My sister finally got around to getting hers today as well

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, roy11 said:

How many of you have taken up the GFG?

I've had it since 2018. Would be brilliant to actually get to use it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roy11 said:

How many of you have taken up the GFG?

 

I take it out every year, until now I have considered it a donation. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Robbie57 said:

I take it out every year, until now I have considered it a donation. 

Yes I have since 2018

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longsuffering said:

Took your advice and upgraded family memberships and purchased all our GFG's. I believe GFG's selling like hot cakes today.

Well done Long S     Hope  your family are feeling the hope and expectation in a measured way. There is no certainty in life let alone footy but our boys have been nothing but committed and absolutely single minded about their input and methods this season.

it's looking very promising and above all sustainable with I believe our potential to score regularly over the 100 pts each round.

So much happening in improvement and growth. Maybe we could be a sleeping giant again at Finals  like 2018.

L we Rd get a Top2  spot and don't leave the G !! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 1:10 PM, 58er said:

The AFL are going to try as much as possible to get Vic back to crowds  after this lockdown.  Remember they were 85% !!

They  Will carefully return with the Finals in mind at the G .

What's  with the "WE" OD you haven't even gone outside your door to go to a game according to your posts!!  

Are you saying I tell lies?

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, old dee said:

Are you saying I tell lies?

No but saying/using "we" when  you have clearly stated you won't  be attending footy this year due to your response to Covid predominantly is not accurate!.

I have however seen the possibility you were "quoting" we as in Melb supporters or Dees fans as a collective and not necessarily yourself.

Main  thing is we maintain our Health as best we can and participate in community and live events as we see safely. 

Hope life in this current lockdown has been safe and strong OD.

Dees fans have the most important 4 mths of our football lives for over 50 years in front of us and with the prospect of something very special possible and even "life changing " so we want to soak it up and enjoy the ride as well as the result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 58er said:

No but saying/using "we" when  you have clearly stated you won't  be attending footy this year due to your response to Covid predominantly is not accurate!.

I have however seen the possibility you were "quoting" we as in Melb supporters or Dees fans as a collective and not necessarily yourself.

Main  thing is we maintain our Health as best we can and participate in community and live events as we see safely. 

Hope life in this current lockdown has been safe and strong OD.

Dees fans have the most important 4 mths of our football lives for over 50 years in front of us and with the prospect of something very special possible and even "life changing " so we want to soak it up and enjoy the ride as well as the result.

In at least one of my comments I said till at least until I have had my second jab which is scheduled for early August. Yes I meant We in the collective sense. I have to say I do not like watch football on TV it runs a very bad second to being at a game.

I am hopeful of getting in an August game at the G and hopefully an early finals game. 
However it depends on the virus remaining under control. Victoria seems incapable of stopping transmission from Quarantine so what I might wanted to do may never happen. 
So let’s beat the pies in their GF on Monday and see from there. 
Go Dees.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old dee said:

In at least one of my comments I said till at least until I have had my second jab which is scheduled for early August. Yes I meant We in the collective sense. I have to say I do not like watch football on TV it runs a very bad second to being at a game.

I am hopeful of getting in an August game at the G and hopefully an early finals game. 
However it depends on the virus remaining under control. Victoria seems incapable of stopping transmission from Quarantine so what I might wanted to do may never happen. 
So let’s beat the pies in their GF on Monday and see from there. 
Go Dees.

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, old dee said:

In at least one of my comments I said till at least until I have had my second jab which is scheduled for early August. Yes I meant We in the collective sense. I have to say I do not like watch football on TV it runs a very bad second to being at a game.

I am hopeful of getting in an August game at the G and hopefully an early finals game. 
However it depends on the virus remaining under control. Victoria seems incapable of stopping transmission from Quarantine so what I might wanted to do may never happen. 
So let’s beat the pies in their GF on Monday and see from there. 
Go Dees.

Gee, that's a long wait.  I'm not familiar with your location OD, but assume that is the reason?

I had my first jab on Sunday (as a walk up) and can go back for my second in 3 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JTR said:

Gee, that's a long wait.  I'm not familiar with your location OD, but assume that is the reason?

I had my first jab on Sunday (as a walk up) and can go back for my second in 3 weeks.

Older Australians have to have the 2nd grade AZ vaccine. As a younger Australian you can have the premium. AZ has a longer wait between doses.

  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JTR said:

Gee, that's a long wait.  I'm not familiar with your location OD, but assume that is the reason?

I had my first jab on Sunday (as a walk up) and can go back for my second in 3 weeks.

If you are over 50 you get the astra vaccine and for that you have to wait 3 months. Not because it is medical necessary but because the Government says so. The reason?  the want as many as they can to have had the first one asap. I.e not issuing second shots so they have them for  people to have  first shot. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where to mention this but our memberships will get you into the game if you can get yourself to Sydney, the boarder restrictions changed over night to allow travel if you have not been in one of the specific areas of infection 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 7:00 PM, ManDee said:

Older Australians have to have the 2nd grade AZ vaccine. As a younger Australian you can have the premium. AZ has a longer wait between doses.

The Pfizer and Moderna mRNA is not all shts and giggles. Wife has been in bed 5 days after her second one. I had AZ (I’m 42 and in health and had it before the clotting came to light and can’t swap - it’s provided by work). Citation required but my understanding is they are similarly efficacious.

notably there are now potentially issues around heart inflammation for male recipients of Pfizer/Moderna.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 7:14 PM, old dee said:

If you are over 50 you get the astra vaccine and for that you have to wait 3 months. Not because it is medical necessary but because the Government says so. The reason?  the want as many as they can to have had the first one asap. I.e not issuing second shots so they have them for  people to have  first shot. 

Isn’t the advice from AZ itself that there needs to be a 3 month gap 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Isn’t the advice from AZ itself that there needs to be a 3 month gap 

All I know is my Dr said it is a  government decision. I have 2 friends who have had their second 5 weeks apart. However one of the partners has a compromised immune system so perhaps special treatment. Needless to say I have to wait 3 months between the two.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, old dee said:

All I know is my Dr said it is a  government decision. I have 2 friends who have had their second 5 weeks apart. However one of the partners has a compromised immune system so perhaps special treatment. Needless to say I have to wait 3 months between the two.

i read an article last week that said originally the makers of az recommended 12 weeks. it also said that this is actively under review and that some countries have varied it from 6 weeks to other weeks upto 12.

it also said there is uncertainty over the optimal wait time for the 2nd dose and more research is needed

the bottom line is there is uncertainty, lack of good data and well basically , much like a lot of things with coronavirus, nobody really knows.   a lot is really just best guess (albeit by medical experts) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i read an article last week that said originally the makers of az recommended 12 weeks. it also said that this is actively under review and that some countries have varied it from 6 weeks to other weeks upto 12.

it also said there is uncertainty over the optimal wait time for the 2nd dose and more research is needed

the bottom line is there is uncertainty, lack of good data and well basically , much like a lot of things with coronavirus, nobody really knows.   a lot is really just best guess (albeit by medical experts) 

Whatever the info dc I won’t get a second until early August. So be it what can I do about it? Zero.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, longsuffering said:

Took your advice and upgraded family memberships and purchased all our GFG's. I believe GFG's selling like hot cakes today.

I am in on Monday. Family GFG!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, old dee said:

All I know is my Dr said it is a  government decision. I have 2 friends who have had their second 5 weeks apart. However one of the partners has a compromised immune system so perhaps special treatment. Needless to say I have to wait 3 months between the two.

Pfizer is two weeks and AZ is 12 weeks. I work inside public health so am reasonably across the messaging/reasons. Having said that it might be non clinical ie logistics/ensuring supply for first shots. CSL AZ supply no longer an issue as they’re doing 1 million a month out of their Vic facility

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, old dee said:

Whatever the info dc I won’t get a second until early August. So be it what can I do about it? Zero.

it is still possible they might reduce that time in oz before august. i heard it was under discussion here.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    HOT PIES FREEZE DEES by George on the Outer

    In the Annual Big Freeze game in support of Neale Daniher's fight against MND, it was Collingwood who froze the ambitions of the Demons, and it now challenges them to thaw out their prospects in the second half of the season. Even though Melbourne opened the scoring account, it was quickly countered by Collingwood, as the Demons appeared flat. And even though they held a minor lead at the first break, it was only through a couple of fortunate efforts, but nothing more.  All around

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    FROZEN by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne supporters are an unusual lot. Their lived experiences over years of witnessing their team’s humiliation at the hands of the competition’s bullies have left them suspended in a Bizarro World beset by a cognitive distortion know as 'mental filtering'. This is a phenomenon that occurs when people focus exclusively and blindly on long held belief systems. They refuse to accept that conditions have changed so when the evidence is present before their very own eyes, their minds are frozen.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 4

    CHANGES: 2021 MID SEASON by The Oracle 

    Since the end of the 2020 free agency, trade and draft period, AFL clubs have had two further bites of the cherry to top up their lists — the supplemental selection period (SSP) and the 2021 mid-season rookie draft (MSD). The main idea behind both was to enable the fulfillment of immediate needs as a result of injuries or unexpected retirements but this year, we have seen the added dimension of straight out recruitment for the future rather than for now. As a consequence, a number of ready

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    LION TAMERS by George On The Outer

    In an enthralling game between two top four sides, it was the Demons who tamed the Lions, and propelled themselves into the position of premiership favourite even though the season is barely past the halfway mark. This is because Melbourne keeps on beating those teams around them who might provide a challenge. Not only that, it keeps winning with emphatic displays of resilience and toughness that have not been seen in a Demons side for many, many years. Challenged in the first half of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DUELING BANJOS by Whispering Jack

    In the classic Australian poem, A B “Banjo” Paterson sought the answer by letter to a question concerning the whereabouts of a drover named “Clancy”. The response from Clancy’s shearing mate was written with a thumb-nail dipped in tar: “Clancy’s gone to Queensland droving, and we don’t know where he are.” Most of us would have felt a little bit that way earlier in the week wondering about the possible whereabouts of the Melbourne team for this week’s encounter against Brisbane. Were th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DOGGED DEEFENCE by George on the Outer

    “No-one let the Dogs out” was the Demons response for the (former) top side.  The Melbourne defence, capably lead by Steven May and Jake Lever simply suffocated any hopes that the Western Bulldogs might have had about leading the competition at the mid-way point. Instead, it is the Demons who now sit at the top of the ladder, again a game clear, while their supporters are starting to believe that this side is the real deal.  Pity is that those same supporters couldn’t watch their team demol

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LOOK AWAY DEMON FANS by The Oracle

    Last week I predicted a comfortable Melbourne victory for its game against Adelaide. “Something in the order of 61 points”, I opined. Well, after the game, I checked the wording of my preview very carefully from all angles and I have now concluded that I have to issue an apology to Demon fans. I got it wrong. I’m not bitter and twisted about my error in failing to predict the coaching errors, defensive mistakes, lack of forward pressure and, of course, the complete failure of those officiat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CALM BEFORE THE CALM by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons overcame a sluggish first half to run over the Sydney Swans in the second to record an emphatic 40 point victory, maintaining their undefeated record and retaining top spot on the VFL ladder. The game originally listed as part of the Round 4 fixture but delayed due to a Covid19 scare in Sydney and the scrappy way in which the teams approached the contest suggested that the players were still in delay mode. This applied in particular to most of the 12 AFL listed Casey player

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NOTHING TO CROW ABOUT by George On The Outer

    Melbourne’s nine game winning streak  came to an end in Adelaide with a one point loss to the Crows. Losing to a team that had only won three games for the season, having lost five in a row was certainly nothing to crow about.  All around the ground players collectively put in their poorest performance for the year.  The loss of Christian Salem before the match was critical, as his replacement Nev Jetta is a mere shadow the player he once was. The mind is still willing, but the body no

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CRYING OVER SPILT MILK by The Oracle

    It had to happen sooner or later. Melbourne has been riding high through the season to date and, with the exception of a small bunch of nuff nuffs who are never satisfied with anything, the club has attracted more positive vibes from the community in these nine weeks than it did in the past decade. So it came as no surprise to see some low grade stirring of the sort which only the media could come up with at a time like this. The on line site Zero Hanger came up with an article that opined,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CATNIPPED by KC from Casey

    After winning big away from home across the first three rounds of the new look VFL competition, the Casey Demons were forced to dig deep against Geelong VFL at Casey Fields on Saturday. The traditional AFL based teams were evenly matched, fielding ten listed players apiece and this was reflected in the evenness of the game and the final margin which saw the home side leading by a solitary point on the final siren. Casey suffered an early blow when Jake Bowey came off with what ap

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    BLUES IN THE RED by George On The Outer

    While the Demons’ undefeated run continues unabated now at 9-0 their emphatic 26 point victory pushed the Blues to their sixth loss for the season and deeper into the red for the year. While Melbourne opened proceedings with an early goal, the Blues responded with the next two to grab an early lead.  However, as has happened in so many games this year, the Demons fought back to lead by just over a goal come the first break. This narrow lead was part of a streak either side of quarter t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...