PREGAME: Rd 01 vs Fremantle

Pickett2Jackson

30 minutes ago, loges said:

Apparently it's the day before whenever the game is being played

jesus christ, whats the rational behind that I wonder

Gil McLachlan and Steve Hocking seem to have been tasked with destroying the game, and theyre doing a great job of it

7 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

jesus christ, whats the rational behind that I wonder

Gil McLachlan and Steve Hocking seem to have been tasked with destroying the game, and theyre doing a great job of it

In fairness I think naming the side the day before the game has something to do with a COVID protocol, and hopefully it will be back to Thu night selections next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I’ve increased my winning margin to 41 points. We’re too good, too strong, too skilled and simply won’t lose this

I seem to remember similar comments in August last year and we know how that turned out. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

In fairness I think naming the side the day before the game has something to do with a COVID protocol, and hopefully it will be back to Thu night selections next year.

I suggest it has way more to do with what the media want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

I suggest it has way more to do with what the media want.

Exactly, such as Ch 7 demanding team releases at 6.30 pm to cooincide with their news bulletin. And their exclusivity beating early news from Ch 10 to the punch.

They pay the bills, they get what they want.  Not necessarily unfair.

I have us down for the win.  I think if you break the teams into groups of 4, the top 4 (Tiggers, Port, Bris, Doggies) will usually beat teams in the lower groups.  Bottom 4 (North, Crows, Hawks, GC) will lose to most in other groups.  The middle two groups (WC, Coll, Dees, Saints) (Swans, Bombers, Dockers, Carl) will win and lose against each other depending on how they show up on the day.  On this, we should win (group 2 vs group 3), but it didn’t work this way in Cairns....

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

An update:

Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin has confirmed they will be without three key players for their opening match against Fremantle.

Hibberd was pushing for a round one return after being sidelined with an ankle injury during

“We want to pick a fairly fit side,” Goodwin said on 3AW.

“Hibberd played his first game for Casey and Melksham’s playing his first game this week.

“Viney’s also playing his first game for Casey (this week) so those guys won’t be available.

There was good news, however, for Steve May, who suffered a concussion during the AAMI Community Series

“So far he’s passed everything. It’s 12 days of really strict protocols,” Goodwin said.

“He did his contested work today and did full training.

“Now he’s just got to wake up and not feel too bad and he’ll get the all clear to play.”

Forwards Ben Brown and Sam Weideman will also both miss.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-round-1-team-whispers-exiled-cat-brought-in-from-the-cold-demons-massive-triple-blow/news-story/e6c1cabc19f1b937e49156b325e84961

Not fussed about Hibberd and Melksham missing - they need match practice.  VFL for them this week.

Great to hear that May will play.  His call by the sound of it.  Can't see him missing if he doesn't have to.

Excellent news and a very pleasant surprise to see Viney is playing VFL this week.  Earlier than expected.

Think it's Dr's call with May. Not his that's not possible with concussion surely!

Viney has been planned I think for this Casey game  for 3/4 weeks since being ruled out of Round1. Good  that Hibbo has more match practice and Melky starts his match fitness now. 

2019 was going to rear it's ugly head maybe but Burgo and  Club are being cautious/conservative With most injuries.

Lockhart is 2/3 weeks away also so is Joel Smith.

1 hour ago, Demon17 said:

Exactly, such as Ch 7 demanding team releases at 6.30 pm to cooincide with their news bulletin. And their exclusivity beating early news from Ch 10 to the punch.

They pay the bills, they get what they want.  Not necessarily unfair.

They sold their soul a long time ago.

3 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Richmond players like fishing, getting on the beers and winning flags. They’re hard, fast, aggressive and nasty. Goody needs to forget the guys who he can talk stock tips with and remember where he came from.

Couple of Wolves on Wall Street you reckon ? Sound like you know what’s up

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

Must be tickets left 

I have had 4 emails in the last two days. Seeing as how hard we fought to keep it at G it is going to look poor with 25k attendance. It should have been sent to AFL central.

• Facepalm 2

Just now, drysdale demon said:

No it shouldn't have.

Just now, drysdale demon said:

No it shouldn't have.

Why?  we will get 25  and the changed bombers game would get 50k. Surely it should be about maximising fan attendance after last year. We could have had a game changed to the G later in the year. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

This will seem like a ridiculous question so close to the start of the season, but am I right that the AFL app no longer shows games and that if I wish to view a game, Kayo is the way to go, to be able to watch on a device? 

Thanks in advance...

• Like 2

Just now, Engorged Onion said:

This will seem like a ridiculous question so close to the start of the season, but am I right that the AFL app no longer shows games and that if I wish to view a game, Kayo is the way to go, to be able to watch on a device? 

Thanks in advance...

Yes there is a thread on it.

you are such a miserablist @old dee - it's positively comical*

stuff the peptides and the poos&wees

mfc confirmed they've cracked 40k members and are nearing a record membership total before rd 1

i'm expecting 30-35k at the g on saturday arvo

*which will you will no doubt say is 'just like demons playing football' - you are marvin the paranoid android incarnate

Edited by whatwhat say what
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

mfc confirmed they've cracked 40k members and are nearing a record membership total before rd 1

*which will you will no doubt say is 'just like demons playing football' - you are marvin the paranoid android incarnate

If we get more than 25 I will be amazed. If we have 35-40 already going why is the club sending out multiple emails telling us to go?

5 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

The who?

6 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I’ve increased my winning margin to 41 points. We’re too good, too strong, too skilled and simply won’t lose this

I hope you're right but Freo's defensive setup is up there with the best and will be very hard to crack.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, old dee said:

Why?  we will get 25  and the changed bombers game would get 50k. Surely it should be about maximising fan attendance after last year. We could have had a game changed to the G later in the year. 

Good luck trying to get another game later in the year, it is our home game MCG is our ground that is where it should be played, the AFL had their chance to do it differently when they devised the draw, they would of had an idea then of attendance figures.

• Thanks 1