You've got mail

Skuit

9 minutes ago, old dee said:

Exactly and that is also crap. 

I don’t know, the vaccine might’ve just been given to Melania and it seems side effects include being able to change her to a completely different person, lol.

image.jpeg.957828bd7a9c49f15b4378b21e875c7b.jpeg

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Update is apparently Mahoney is more likely to stay but will change roles. Not sure how that works tbh or who will step into his role if so. Perhaps it might even be a restructure given the soft cap change? Would assume that means the review has wrapped up and changes are happening, not sure on that though. Anyone heard about progress on the review implementations?

Maybe a moves into the commercial or marketing side of the business to round out his CV as that area was seen as a gap when the applied for Pert's job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

I don’t know, the vaccine might’ve just been given to Melania and it seems side effects include being able to change her to a completely different person, lol.

image.jpeg.957828bd7a9c49f15b4378b21e875c7b.jpeg

Pity it could not do the same for Trump.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12900426

Trengove to Gold Coast.

Isaac Smith to Gold Coast.

Watts to Geelong.

Schache to Melbourne.

Motlop to Suns.

Brad Hill back to Hawks.

McGovern NOT going to Blues.

Shiel to Melbourne.

Gaff to North.

Picks 4 and 5 for Hogan.

Weitering being traded.

Just some of the classic hits of #ETtheTradeBreaker

Keep punching champ.

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Trengove to Gold Coast.

Watts to Geelong.

Schache to Melbourne.

Motlop to Suns.

Brad Hill back to Hawks.

Shiel to Melbourne.

Gaff to North.

Picks 4 and 5 for Hogan.

Weitering being traded.

Keep punching champ.

I’ve always read his “inside word” on trades etc as being a gag. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

I’ve always read his “inside word” on trades etc as being a gag. 

It's an easy out for him hey. "Oh, I was just joking".

If you go back and read his posts from trade time, the majority are not jokes.

Here's one example. Not exactly hilarious....

Edited by Lord Nev

Trengove to Gold Coast.

Watts to Geelong.

Schache to Melbourne.

Motlop to Suns.

Brad Hill back to Hawks.

Shiel to Melbourne.

Gaff to North.

Picks 4 and 5 for Hogan.

Weitering being traded.

Keep punching champ.

The thing is, I know I’m a joke. #RentFree

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

The thing is, I know I’m a joke. #RentFree

Don't stop breaking the news ET ! Brings a lot of light-hearted banter to what can be a pretty grim discussion board at times

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I am hearing whispers of a trade but waiting to break it once he signs. 

Again, it never ceases to amaze at how you get your mail before the rest of us.

And to top it off, you haven't hedged your bets with things like "he's a chance to leave", "my mail is he's probably gone", "he's a chance to stay".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Chazz said:

Again, it never ceases to amaze at how you get your mail before the rest of us.

And to top it off, you haven't hedged your bets with things like "he's a chance to leave", "my mail is he's probably gone", "he's a chance to stay".

Or even "it was all a joke..."

On 10/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, titan_uranus said:

Whilst Preuss and 23 for 9, or Preuss and TMac for 9 might not work, adding in our 2021 first rounder tips it the other way. I know we may want to ship TMac off, but this is too much out for not enough back.

On the face of it I agree with you here, however, if GWS pay all of T Mac's salary which is rumoured to be around $750k it would probably be worth it. 

Or even "it was all a joke..."

@Ethan Tremblay is a spoof account from the username, to avatar and humourous posting.  He might rightly satirize and few full on posters now and then. It get tricky for him when he want to make a serious point.

• Like 3

On 10/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dr evil said:

My mail for those interested. 

1. Ben brown is likely to be a dee, money isn’t an issue with this deal it’s agreed in principal. We’ve made our pitch now Ben brown is taking some time to consider his options but we are at the front of the que, despite less money because were a vic based finals contender.

2. We made an approach to Nathan Bassett about joining as our forwards coach but he declined. 

3. the club is actively looking to get back into the top 10 of the draft. Have had a keen interest in finlay McRae as lord nev mentioned for some time 

4. Clayton Oliver was unhappy. He spoke to the power brokers at the club and he’s fine for now. Wouldn’t wanna have a bad year next year though. 

5. issac Smith is going to be a demon. And the hawks know it. It was 50/50 but Adam yze coming appears to have got him to favour joining Melbourne 

6. We’ve also made an approach to Tom Phillips. We’d ideally like that to be a straight swap for t Mac. Not sure where that sits. 

Thanks for the update.  Are we getting shafted it’s a straight swap for Phillips?

5 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Thanks for the update.  Are we getting shafted it’s a straight swap for Phillips?

Not at all. the club just wants McDonalds salary off the books, the Pies can't afford to take it on straight up so it'd be more a way to take a % of it off our hands without causing even more salary cap problems on their end. 

I suspect he'll end up going for a draft pick though. Clubs are aware we will trade Tmac for very little if they take on his whole salary.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pollyanna said:

@Ethan Tremblay is a spoof account from the username, to avatar and humourous posting.  He might rightly satirize and few full on posters now and then. It get tricky for him when he want to make a serious point.

Also gives him a convenient excuse.

None of the trade ones I mentioned above were jokes. That's pretty clear.

Easy to backpedal and say "only joking" when you're wrong though.

11 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Also gives him a convenient excuse.

None of the trade ones I mentioned above were jokes. That's pretty clear.

Easy to backpedal and say "only joking" when you're wrong though.

give it a rest, nev........................please

• Like 7

Said it before, those with good inside mail aren't posting here (probably with the exception of the good Dr)

But its all a bit of fun for s**ts and giggles, no need for anyone to take it personally. 

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Dr evil said:

Not at all. the club just wants McDonalds salary off the books, the Pies can't afford to take it on straight up so it'd be more a way to take a % of it off our hands without causing even more salary cap problems on their end. 

I suspect he'll end up going for a draft pick though. Clubs are aware we will trade Tmac for very little if they take on his whole salary.

?