Oliver Rumours on Footy Classified

dazzledavey36

1 minute ago, Lord Nev said:

Hard to gauge anything from the Bluey I reckon. Looked like a super low key, casual, quick event and it was apparently held on Tuesday, so would have been the day some blokes were delisted and possibly some coaches fired, on top of missing finals. Plus, with TMac in the room sans MFC polo and the Bennell situation, would have been awkward in there I think.

True.

Do you know when the whole team are comming back to Melbourne?

6 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

I haven’t watched a second of the BnF video but I honestly believe there is a significant problem at the Club.  I was told earlier this week by a source that has proven to be impeccable in the past, that a Player late last week phoned his Manager to make an enquiry about the possibility of him getting a trade out of the Club despite having 2 more years to run. 

Robbie D’Orazio the Player Manager had to re-align the Player telling him that it was a ridiculous question given all the circumstances as a deal could not possibly get done. 

I queried my source as to whether he thought it was motivated by an unsettling 6 year, $10 mil deal from the Kangas and his reply was that he thought it was more about this Player wanting to get to a Club who he thought would give him a greater chance of regularly going real deep.

This might be a story that never re-surfaces, however, the Club would not want to miss, or just limp into the 8 next year, or else it might. 

Damming if true.

11 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

I haven’t watched a second of the BnF video but I honestly believe there is a significant problem at the Club.  I was told earlier this week by a source that has proven to be impeccable in the past, that a Player late last week phoned his Manager to make an enquiry about the possibility of him getting a trade out of the Club despite having 2 more years to run. 

Robbie D’Orazio the Player Manager had to re-align the Player telling him that it was a ridiculous question given all the circumstances as a deal could not possibly get done. 

I queried my source as to whether he thought it was motivated by an unsettling 6 year, $10 mil deal from the Kangas and his reply was that he thought it was more about this Player wanting to get to a Club who he thought would give him a greater chance of regularly going real deep.

This might be a story that never re-surfaces, however, the Club would not want to miss, or just limp into the 8 next year, or else it might. 

Hmmmm..... Robbie D’Orazio. 2 years to go on contract. Huge contract offer.

Petracca?

16 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

Right, so you're implying that Petracca wants to be traded. There are five guys contracted to 2022 (ie two years left on the contract) and only one of them is represented by D'Orazio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, binman said:

As goody mentioned we have changed our game plan quite a bit this year (no easy thing to do and some players struggle with learning new stuff i reckon).

We are much more defensive and the model requires all team buy in to maintain the zone.

Part of the defensive shift is much more defence with ball in hand, tempo footy. 

We are more systems focused than ever and so roles are super important.

A combination of learning new systems (which is hard at the best of times) and a model that does not leave much space for playing on instinct is hard yakka. 

Add in the hub, all the weird selection decisions and not making finals and you get a recipie for discontent.

And selling that system whilst also maintains morale and buy in AND being ruthless is a pretty tough ask for any coach.

Not sure the game style is the issue here Binman, what i'm hearing suggests it's a lot more to do with people in key positions and some of the decisions they're making, and the way they're handling people and sensitive situations. 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Damming if true.

Damning if not true. Players want to play finals and experience success. They are no different to supporters in that regard. They are entitled to test their market value and hold the club accountable.  We've all played in sporting teams. Questions about selections, tactics, contracts are all discussed privately amongst players. They are as [censored] off as anyone.  Must win a final next year.

49 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Yeah look i must admit watching the BnF tonight, you couldnt find a more flat and unhappy looking bunch of blokes..

Something doesn't feel right...

You go and spend 12 weeks locked up with your work mates and your boss. And your bosses boss. And all the support staff whose jobs it is to micromamage every aspect of your life. No escape, no break. 

And then at the final hurdle, the group of you screw it up and ruin all 12 weeks of work. They lost a game. For you it might be blow the tender or the sale or the project fails.

Then, less then 24 hours after it is officially blown, on the day before you can finally leave the hub, you are forced together into a camp kitchen for a partipation award ceremony.  You've failed, your opponents are playing next week, these awards are kinda nice but they don't matter. It's possibly held during the day, in polo shirts, like some weird school assembly. You're each given a glass of yellowglen (no one was drinking beer) and you toast the winner like it's his wddding.

Normally the bnf is a few weeks after the season. Players have processed. They've had time apart, they get together to celebrate the year. This wasn't that.

It's not a party, it's not a celebration, it's the end of the hub.

Don't read into it. 

• Like 18

Just now, deanox said:

You go and spend 12 weeks locked up with your work mates and your boss. And your bosses boss. And all the support staff whose jobs it is to micromamage every aspect of your life. No escape, no break. 

And then at the final hurdle, the group of you screw it up and ruin all 12 weeks of work. They lost a game. For you it might be blow the tender or the sale or the project fails.

Then, less then 24 hours after it is officially blown, on the day before you can finally leave the hub, you are forced together into a camp kitchen for a partipation award ceremony.  You've failed, your opponents are playing next week, these awards are kinda nice but they don't matter. It's possibly held during the day, in polo shirts, like some weird school assembly. You're each given a glass of yellowglen (no one was drinking beer) and you toast the winner like it's his wddding.

Normally the bnf is a few weeks after the season. Players have processed. They've had time apart, they get together to celebrate the year. This wasn't that.

Don't read into it. 

Sounds easy enough to me.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, deebug said:

True.

Do you know when the whole team are comming back to Melbourne?

Why would you want to come back to Melbourne ? Being locked in your house for 22 hours a day and under a martial law edict of a curfew.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deanox said:

Don't read into it. 

Yep.

Add in some of your mates have literally just been sacked, some are going to another club (you know that but few outsiders do) and. there is the usual angst associated with any team that fails to meet expectations.

On top of that one of the teams in your resort is playing finals. And you either head home to lock down in Melbourne or stay in the most boring beach town on earth. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, binman said:

Yep.

Add in some of your mates have literally just been sacked, some are going to another club (you know that but few outsiders do) and. there is the usual angst associated with any team that fails to meet expectations.

On top of that one of the teams in your resort is playing finals. And you either head home to lock down in Melbourne or stay in the most boring beach town on earth. 

And (according to the officially announced info) 20 of the 44 players still don't have contracts for next year. 

• Like 1

id cry if Oliver left. And no compensation would make up for it. Especially not from Carlton.  Would run us back 3-5 years trying to find a replacement 2xbnf, AA, 23 year old. 

Why would any player be happy with the team with Goodwin running the show. Did anyone hear the corpse speak at the bnf. He puts you to sleep. There's no way a person likethat can pump you up on game day.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

id cry if Oliver left. And no compensation would make up for it. 

I'm confused. No compensation would make up for you crying?

And even if it could, who would pay it and what would it be? A thousand smiles? Some chuuckles. Maybe 2000 guffaws?

19 minutes ago, deanox said:

Don't read into it. 

That sounds like a walk in the park to be honest. 

• Like 1

I would not handle losing Oliver at all, really hope this is all just conjecture and Mcclure trying to stay relevant. Tracc talked about Oliver and himself stepping up into the more mature leader type role. Can't see any credibility in this story at all and Mcclure should get an absolute serve for this if it isnt true. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

id cry if Oliver left. And no compensation would make up for it. Especially not from Carlton.  Would run us back 3-5 years trying to find a replacement 2xbnf, AA, 23 year old. 

Why would any player be happy with the team with Goodwin running the show. Did anyone hear the corpse speak at the bnf. He puts you to sleep. There's no way a person likethat can pump you up on game day.

U would cry!!! ??? MATE I would need therapy from Nurse Rachett for the rest of my life if Clarry left?

Edited by picket fence
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tom Dyson said:

I would not handle losing Oliver at all, really hope this is all just conjecture and Mcclure trying to stay relevant. Tracc talked about Oliver and himself stepping up into the more mature leader type role. Can't see any credibility in this story at all and Mcclure should get an absolute serve for this if it isnt true. 

Don't worry it's Mc chuck.

Oliver will not be going any where.

• Love 1

McClure seems to be folliclly challenged (sorry Demonlanders who are), so that's where I'd be directing my wrath instead of kicking him in the balls, but he definitely has some smarm about him. 

Clayton's offseason to do list:

1. Keep working on getting his arms free and legs moving at a stoppage
2. Learn how to ride contact and dish handballs rather than simply avoid it
3. Develop range on his kicks, a long and high clearing kick and a short hit up kick
4. Find a left foot
5. Stop playing on at all costs, in particular no more advantage!
6. Become more comfortable in the media so he can be a public leader
7. Get traded to Carlton

Seems legit.