Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Fixture 2020 (COVID Edition)

Demonland

11 minutes ago, A F said:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coronavirus/2020/07/29/queensland-teenagers-virus/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PM Extra - 20200729

Two Queenslanders have spent 8 days in south Brisbane without quarantining having returned from Melbourne, via NSW and subsequently testing positive for COVID 19. Could be a second wave coming to Queensland now.

Lock them up. Stupidity. It could threaten health and well-being of so many people.  Some humans are a selfish breed. 

• Like 5

Odd that it's now our home game rather than theirs, and odder still that it's not in Queensland, but ultimately probably a good result for us. We stay in Adelaide for 4 days, limiting travel, and playing on a ground we actually play relatively well on (4-4, with a 3-1 record over the last four games).

This will mean that by the end of Round 12, we'll have played 7 home games and only 4 away games. That means that over our final 6 games, we can only have either 1 or 2 home games, and therefore must have either 4 or 5 away games.

We know we won't be hubbing in Adelaide, and it's unlikely we'll go to Perth given that we've already played West Coast and both WC and Fremantle still need to play some more away games. It's possible that by then NSW will be an option, but that seems unlikely given the latest developments. Having played North means a possible Tasmania hub will be out for us as well.

So we could either find ourselves hubbing in the NT, as the away team (but possibly meaning we know the ground better than our opponents), or just in Queensland, which wouldn't be the worst result.

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

This is North making sure it's a level playing field.

Just shows that our management is asleep at the wheel

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Yeah, we aren't a club with any leverage.

I recall when this block of games was released Goodwin said they would look at staying in Adelaide a few days and go straight to Hobart for the North game.  That idea didn't age well.

iirc in an interview before the Lions game someone (Ben maybe) said they travelled to GC and stayed in a hotel the night before the game.  That game was at 6.10.  Presumably we will have to lay over in Brisbane to catch the early morning flight, twice in 5 days.  Madness.

Overall, staying in Adelaide vs returning to Maroochydore is close to cost neutral so to me there is no sensible reason for not staying.

It is no improvement on travel and disruption from it not being in Hobart. 

Your conspiracy theory is that North has more leverage than us?

North might be the only club in the comp with less leverage than us.

High level MFCSS on show with this one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Was thinking exactly the same Luci until I read on. 

It was mooted that the clash would take place in Queensland, where both teams will be, but instead the Roos and Dees will travel to Adelaide on the morning of the game.

Considering the AFL is All ABOUT SAVING MONEY why the F would they not play it in qld. 

Absolute flogs. 

34 minutes ago, A F said:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/coronavirus/2020/07/29/queensland-teenagers-virus/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PM Extra - 20200729

Two Queenslanders have spent 8 days in south Brisbane without quarantining having returned from Melbourne, via NSW and subsequently testing positive for COVID 19. Could be a second wave coming to Queensland now.

They should put them in jail and give them a massive fine. 

Their behaviour is disgusting. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

They should put them in jail and give them a massive fine. 

Their behaviour is disgusting. 

It does say the police are investigating. I think if it turns out that they have made a false declaration and the virus spreads to the community in QLD and people die, well... jail is definitely the path I'd be going down.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, A F said:

Well that does it! Daniel Andrews - please shut down our border with Queensland and tell Anastasia P that we don’t want any bananabenders in our state.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Travel both ways for NRL teams between Sydney and Queensland will be permitted.Not sure what it means for AFL.

NRL boss Peter V’landys insists NSW’s COVID-19 contact tracing means NRL players can stay in the state long term after receiving confirmation they can continue flying into Queensland.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Wednesday announced the state would close its borders to all residents of greater Sydney on Saturday from 1:00am.

However, the NRL received confirmation on Wednesday evening it would remain exempt from the changes.

The Guardian

1 hour ago, Clintosaurus said:

Adelaide is an advantage. We will stay there after the Crows game while North have to travel from Queensland.

Good point. Though I still reckon from a health and safety perspective it is strange move as the roos have to take two more flights than they otherwise would have. 

Surely to goodness they would want to minimize travel where possible.

Ok for the dees though. I heard talk there is a hotel at, or right next to the ground now. Not sure if true but even if not we will probably be I walking distance to the ground.

Four days in a nice hotel and a stroll to the ground. If we played in qld we'd be facing up to a four hour round bus trip.

• Like 2

It's interesting that the game has transferred to us as home game. Clearly the AFL (and North) are keen to ensure they get their Tassie home game.

Neutral venue vs North is certainly a better result for us than Tassie, less travel, and we have a good record at AO as well so absolutely no excuse now.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted on here, but Champion Data posted this yesterday:

If I'm reading it right, it suggests we've had the hardest fixture so far in terms of our ability to beat our opponents, but have the easiest draw left (prior to tonight's game).

According to their formula, we have an "expected wins" so far of just over 3, so we're about right. It says we have "expected wins" coming home of more than 6, which would get us to 9 and could have us in the finals race.

It's mainly silly number crunching but it does suggest the opportunities are there down the home stretch to pick up some wins if we're good enough.

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 3

Still to schedule. 

v Bombers ??? (Away)

hoping for some consistency in a strange twisted season 

Round 13-17

August 22. V Saints (away) Metricon  day 

August 29 V Dockers (home - Alice springs)  day 

Sept 5 v Swans (away) Gabba night 

Sept 12 v Giants (away) Gabba day 

Sept 20 v Bulldogs (Home) Metricon day

15 hours ago, A F said:

It does say the police are investigating. I think if it turns out that they have made a false declaration and the virus spreads to the community in QLD and people die, well... jail is definitely the path I'd be going down.

I'm all for the legal process taking its course and deal out punishment if appropriate.

However, I deplore Ch 9 for naming them and now their photos are on main stream media.  The soicial media abuse they will now receive is unimaginable.

Their naming is the equivalent of the media outing the quarantine security guard(s) who caught the virus, transmitted it to families which has now spread all over the state.  Lots of angry people here in Melb and if his/her name was released we could see lynching mobs come back.

Irresponsible and dangerous by Ch 9.

Back on topic.  With the virus now spreading around Brisbane and families in the hubs treating their protocols lightly one wonders if we will even get thru the season.

Lets hope we get up the ladder quickly in case the AFL abandon the traditional 8 teams/5 week structure.  We need to be up there to get a look in.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm all for the legal process taking its course and deal out punishment if appropriate.

However, I deplore Ch 9 for naming them and now their photos are on main stream media.  The soicial media abuse they will now receive is unimaginable.

Their naming is the equivalent of the media outing the quarantine security guard(s) who caught the virus, transmitted it to families which has now spread all over the state.  Lots of angry people here in Melb and if his/her name was released we could see lynching mobs come back, which I would also deplore.

Irresponsible and dangerous by Ch 9

I hadn't heard about this, but I'd expect nothing less from the Costello press. It's becoming an increasingly sensationalist outfit.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Their naming is the equivalent of the media outing the quarantine security guard(s) who caught the virus, transmitted it to families which has now spread all over the state.  Lots of angry people here in Melb and if his/her name was released we could see lynching mobs come back.

Normally I'd agree, but frankly I have had enough of people breaking the rules, risking the lives of others, and getting away with it.

I hope they cop the wrath of both the legal system and society. They are a couple of dumb selfish morons who have now brought the virus to an environment that was virus free, all because they wanted to do what they felt like with no regard for other people.

We are ALL suffering. Anyone in Melbourne would know what this has been like, and how hard it is to stay home, not see your loved ones, not be able to make a living in many cases. Why are some idiots exempt? 

So [censored] them. I hope they cop it left right and centre and I hope they get thrown in jail. I am sick and tired of our lives being continuously put on hold, our livelihoods being at risk and people dying because of the selfishness of a few.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Normally I'd agree, but frankly I have had enough of people breaking the rules, risking the lives of others, and getting away with it.

I hope they cop the wrath of both the legal system and society. They are a couple of dumb selfish morons who have now brought the virus to an environment that was virus free, all because they wanted to do what they felt like with no regard for other people.

So [censored] them. I hope they cop it left right and centre and I hope they get thrown in jail. I am sick and tired of our lives being continuously put on hold, our livelihoods being at risk and people dying because of the selfishness of a few.

Ok but then they should out the hotel quarantine security guard(s) who started it all.  The government knows who he/she/they were so a fair chance the media do.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

If people knew they would be named and shamed, would it make a difference to their behaviour? I suspect it would, and therefore I have no problem with idiots being named. But it needs to be all idiots and not just those with the least power and influence.

As to the family members who breached the AFL's Covid rules, they should be sent home. Today.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Ok but then they should out the hotel quarantine security guard(s) who started it all.  The government knows who he/she/they were so a fair chance the media do.

They should!

To be honest my 34 year old friend is currently on a ventilator fighting for life, not because he was partying, refusing to wear a mask or social distance, but because he is a doctor who helps dozens of sick people every day, some of which have done the wrong thing. So you'll excuse me if my tolerance for people and their [censored] is at an all time low right now.

Name, shame, blame, throw in jail, do whatever it takes to stop people from being the selfish disgusting wastes of oxygen that they appear to be. I've never been more embarrassed to be a human being.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Jaded said:

They should!

To be honest my 34 year old friend is currently on a ventilator fighting for life, not because he was partying, refusing to wear a mask or social distance, but because he is a doctor who helps dozens of sick people every day, some of which have done the wrong thing. So you'll excuse me if my tolerance for people and their [censored] is at an all time low right now.

Name, shame, blame, throw in jail, do whatever it takes to stop people from being the selfish disgusting wastes of oxygen that they appear to be. I've never been more embarrassed to be a human being.

Jaded, I hope your friend recovers.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

And who was responsible for the quarantine fiaso ? The state government. That is who to blame. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dl4e said:

And who was responsible for the quarantine fiaso ? The state government. That is who to blame. 

Of course it is. 

But my posts were about the media naming and shaming of individuals who broke the rules and spread the virus in Qld but not doing so for individuals from the hotel quarantines who spread it in Victoria. 

Your point opens a whole different and nasty can of worms.

As @La Dee-vina Comediaposted above they need to name and shame "all idiots and not just those with the least power and influence".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jaded said:

They should!

Absolutely they should name and shame them all!

Very sorry to hear about your friend hope he recovers soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

They should!

These are the stories that make me get so annoyed at the people who either think they're above the regulations (whether that's because of status, age, or whatever) or think this whole pandemic is a joke/hoax. There are real people in the hospitals providing care for those who are sick and putting themselves at risk.

I hope you're friend is ok Jaded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pates said:

These are the stories that make me get so annoyed at the people who either think they're above the regulations (whether that's because of status, age, or whatever) or think this whole pandemic is a joke/hoax. There are real people in the hospitals providing care for those who are sick and putting themselves at risk.

I hope you're friend is ok Jaded.

Yeah and these are the stories they don’t tell you, so young people keep doing the wrong thing. “It doesn’t affect me. I am healthy. Old people will die anyway who cares”. 
The lack of respect and basic human decency that so many are showing towards the vulnerable, the elderly and our amazing healthcare workers is disgusting. 

My friend is an emergency pediatric doctor. His wife is also a doctor. So right now there are 2 less health professionals working. While the private impact on their lives and the lives of their loved ones can’t be properly explained in words, this also increases the pressure on our hospitals who are having major staffing issues. 
People just don’t see the bigger picture, because going to a party or to KFC or to work when you’re sick is just so much more important apparently. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1