Dean Laidley arrested

Moonshadow

26 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

What a grub Ricky Nixon is, trying to draw attention to himself by crowing he has inside knowledge. You have to feel for the Laidley family. I hope they find who leaked those photos and taken firm action.

I wondered how long it would take for him to come out from under his rock

I haven’t seen his comments but I’m confident in saying I won’t be surprised by his lack of class

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

Vic Police would have to be the most corrupt in the country by a mile.

Based on just these leaked photos, or do you have some other evidence to back up this ridiculous claim?

Vic Police generally do a fantastic job despite working for a Government that doesnt seem to have any great affection for them, and a judiciary stacked with Libertarians. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

Who, Laidley?

no it doesn't at all

he clearly in black and white quoted chook fowler who made it abundantly clear (except to those blind) that the object of his comment was none other than one ricky nixon 

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I wondered how long it would take for him to come out from under his rock

I haven’t seen his comments but I’m confident in saying I won’t be surprised by his lack of class

When Uncle Bitters is calling someone out for a lack of class, it's clear they've stepped way out of line ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No winners here.  A sad affair and a terrible outcome for Dean.  Ricky Nixon proves himself to be an obnoxious, glory hunting, narcissistic [censored].  The police officer involved who thought breaching privacy was a good idea.  The gutter press that posted pics gained through this obvious breach of privacy.  

Appropriate process should be followed.  Public interest stopped at ‘he was arrested and not bailed’. Everything after that is salacious trash that serves no one.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, chook fowler said:

What a grub Ricky Nixon is, trying to draw attention to himself by crowing he has inside knowledge. You have to feel for the Laidley family. I hope they find who leaked those photos and taken firm action.

Nixon lurks in the shadows. 
he went right off his tree about 3 weeks ago. It was a real meltdown 

5 hours ago, ding said:

Based on just these leaked photos, or do you have some other evidence to back up this ridiculous claim?

It's really only ridiculous because of Queensland. :laugh:

And I wont bite at the other silliness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

It's really only ridiculous because of Queensland. :laugh:

And I wont bite at the other silliness.

So no evidence then? 

C'mon dude, you know that was just hyperbole. What did you get done for that made you so salty? If it was a stitch-up i could understand your anger. Was it? 

I have never met anyone who hated police for no reason unless they were a total P.O.S.

Anyone else needs a reason.

• Like 1

Victoria Police suspends officer over leaked photos of former AFL coach Dean Laidley in police station

Posted 20 hours ago,     updated 2 hours ago

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-04/dean-laidley-former-north-melbourne-coach-in-custody-stalking/12210590

Victoria Police has suspended an officer over an "appalling" privacy breach after he allegedly shared unauthorised images of former AFL coach Dean Laidley in custody inside a police station.

Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton said it was expected the officer would also be hit with criminal charges over the incident.

The photos were taken of former North Melbourne AFL coach Dean Laidley,  who was remanded in custody over the weekend on allegations of stalking as well as other charges.

The 53-year-old from Moonee Ponds was arrested on Saturday night after an incident outside a St Kilda home about 9:00pm.

The 1996 North Melbourne premiership player faced Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Sunday.

The father of three did not apply for bail and remained in custody on Sunday evening.

12210610-4x3-xlarge.jpg?v=2

Former AFL coach Dean Laidley appeared in court on Sunday night and did not apply for bail.(AAP: Julian Smith, file photo)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-04/dean-laidley-former-north-melbourne-coach-in-custody-stalking/12210590

2 hours ago, ding said:

So no evidence then? 

C'mon dude, you know that was just hyperbole. What did you get done for that made you so salty? If it was a stitch-up i could understand your anger. Was it? 

I have never met anyone who hated police for no reason unless they were a total P.O.S.

You in the force, Ding?

Edit: Forget that, saw you post your line of work elsewhere

Edited by Moonshadow

2 hours ago, ding said:

So no evidence then? 

Ahh, I see what you did there.  Very clever.  A bit of the old 'tell us all your secrets and be judged, or I'll just assume you have secrets and judge you anyway' routine.

A lot of police have done a lot of 'questionable' things and there are still aspects of warped culture and corruption that keep festering and refuse to die. 

Australia's generally, are among the best in the world these days but still have plenty of rot in them, whether it is corruption, bigotry, or such vain-glorious creepiness as this particular instance.  And there's still an awful lot of people who have vivid, sometimes very recent memories driving their mistrust of police.

It's not so simple that you can just say 'did you get stiched up or are you a P.O.S?'  That's not a mature way to go about things at all.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Ahh, I see what you did there.  Very clever.  A bit of the old 'tell us all your secrets and be judged, or I'll just assume you have secrets and judge you anyway' routine.

A lot of police have done a lot of 'questionable' things and there are still aspects of warped culture and corruption that keep festering and refuse to die. 

Australia's generally, are among the best in the world these days but still have plenty of rot in them, whether it is corruption, bigotry, or such vain-glorious creepiness as this particular instance.  And there's still an awful lot of people who have vivid, sometimes very recent memories driving their mistrust of police.

It's not so simple that you can just say 'did you get stiched up or are you a P.O.S?'  That's not a mature way to go about things at all.

It actually IS that simple, as you just suggested in this line "there's still an awful lot of people who have vivid, sometimes very recent memories driving their mistrust of police".

Straight-up people dont develop a hatred of Police unless they or someone close has had an unpleasant run-in. It just doesnt happen. And my statement is 100% true... i have never in my life met anyone who hates Police for no Reason, who isnt just a bogan piece of excrement. 

The public only develops a dislike of Coppers because of either of the 2 reason i have just stated (Bad experience/stitchup) or they are law-breaking dirtbags who dont like being caught doing the wrong thing.

I get [censored] off at people who blanket-slag Police when the poor bastards have to put up with so much crap from the public.

Nobody in my family is a Copper, nor have they ever been. In fact the only member i know personally is the husband of my Ex-wife, and stepfather to my daughter. He is a champion person but not the reason i have empathy for Police.

I agree with you that there are still bad seeds in the force. No doubt about it. I have even had the misfortune to have met one who was a total d'bag for some reason. Didnt make me think the whole force is corrupt because i can think rationally. He was a VERY small minority of the force.

You were happy to label VicPol as Australias most corrupt force. Without evidence, thats nothing but angry hyperbole.

Edited by ding
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

You in the force, Ding?

Edit: Forget that, saw you post your line of work elsewhere

Yeah just see my reply to Goffy Moonie. I am not, nor has anyone in my family ever been in the force. My respect for the Police comes from empathising with what they have to put up with on a daily basis. I couldnt do what they do in a million years.

The member who took and shared that photo deserves to be a'holed for what he did. It was a dog act, but the force as a whole shouldnt be labelled corrupt because of his actions.

Edit... Actually no, i dont believe he should be sacked. For all we kmow he may have a 20 year umblemished record of service. Sanctioned, Yes.

Sanctioned heavily?..... possibly depending on his prior form.

Sacked?... No. 

Edited by ding

10 hours ago, ding said:

I get [censored] off at people who blanket-slag Police when the poor bastards have to put up with so much crap from the public.

Well the answer is simple, Cops have to put their fellow,  "dirt-bag" coppers in...  when they do they wrong thing by the public.

Its the same as the priests who turn the other cheek and keep silent,  when they here of paedophilia acts by other priests against the vulnerable.

Clean out your own area,  and enjoy the respect.  IF you don't,  then you earn the ill feelings.

Edited by MyFavouriteMartian

Very sad for Laidley and his family. 

A good footballer and coach. 

Many ex footballers fall short on the moral rectitude stakes. Pretty much a reflection on the vicissitudes of humankind. 

He should receive some sympathy and compassion. 

Again highlights the importance of good mental health and the struggle that we all experience in maintaining the appropriate balance in our life.  We all need to be able to repress some of our thoughts and behaviours. 

It is just another example of the dangers of social media and the communication of material of a personal nature. 

• Like 4

Amazing how the lawyers have moved the focus from Laidley to the copper. most contributors have forgotten all about Laidley and are jumping on to bagging the copper and Victoria Police.

13 minutes ago, demonmerv said:

Amazing how the lawyers have moved the focus from Laidley to the copper. most contributors have forgotten all about Laidley and are jumping on to bagging the copper and Victoria Police.

Most have forgotten? 

Hyperbole.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

So looking at some, who does not like being looked at, with your best Sunday dress on.

So,  what do we have,  ex-player dressed in women's... being arrested for stalking... hmmn.

Is it possible he's in a former girlfriends dress,  undercover;  spying on another women of interest to him.?