Jump to content
  • Podcast: Glen Bartlett Interview &      

Whispering_Jack

Caleb Serong (Drafted by Fremantle)

Recommended Posts

Blokes get paid to put dumb Clubs on to picking average players.....and don't say we haven't picked a few beauties.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Cool story

 

2 hours ago, A F said:

That was how many years ago now? FCS, some new material, please.

DD and AF from your posts over the years you both appear to know footy, but for the life of me I can't figure out why you respond to this idiot.

Review the threads where this troll puts bait out, with no response the threads die

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, It's Time said:

The player I noticed in these highlights wasn't Serong it was the things Young did. How was that kick threading the needle to a leading forward inside 50. Just what we are crying out for. Just because he played half back as a junior doesn't mean that's where his AFL career will be. Hogan was the AA U 18 CHB. T Mac was a forward as a junior and recruited as a back.  J Howe was recruited by Pies as a forward and we know how that ended. 

I have no idea what kick you are talking about? When is this in the video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, A F said:

That was how many years ago now? FCS, some new material, please.

Tom Couch is the answer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with Serong, a lot of people are missing that one of his strengths is his decision-making and ability to stay involved.

I rate him higher than Young.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

 

DD and AF from your posts over the years you both appear to know footy, but for the life of me I can't figure out why you respond to this idiot.

Review the threads where this troll puts bait out, with no response the threads die

Do you call people at work trolls when you also have differing opinions? Lol, weak argument mate. We time and time again opt to draft inside mids over outside players but your heads stuck in the sand buddy. Yeah let’s draft more and give North pick 1 on a silver platter next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

I think with Serong, a lot of people are missing that one of his strengths is his decision-making and ability to stay involved.

I rate him higher than Young.

I agree Serong is a smart footballer with good intensity at the contest. Small forward in first 1-2 years then progress to midfield role.  Dependable Trent Cotchin style type.  
 

I’d take Young and Kemp first though as their upside is huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mach5 said:

I think with Serong, a lot of people are missing that one of his strengths is his decision-making and ability to stay involved.

I rate him higher than Young.

 

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I agree Serong is a smart footballer with good intensity at the contest. Small forward in first 1-2 years then progress to midfield role.  Dependable Trent Cotchin style type.  
 

I’d take Young and Kemp first though as their upside is huge. 

Said few weeks back that I don't think you can go wrong with either Serong and Young. Both are going to be jets. 

If you're picking someone based on needs then i think Young is the first priority. Where's Serong I see someone who can slot in straight away and make an instant impact across half forward.

At the moment I am still undecided on Young/Serong for pick 3.

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Do you call people at work trolls when you also have differing opinions? Lol, weak argument mate. We time and time again opt to draft inside mids over outside players but your heads stuck in the sand buddy. Yeah let’s draft more and give North pick 1 on a silver platter next year.

There is a difference between having an opinion and just blatantly trolling which you are doing. You go on every single thread and crap on about how Goodwin is a [censored] coach because all he will do is pick inside mids in this draft. 

It's no wonder everyone takes the [censored] with now at every opportunity because you are well renown as a troll. I do hope mods pick up on this and send you away for good with @Matsuo Basho

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Nat Fyfe had one of the worst under 18 highlights I have ever seen.

Judge him when he is around the 70 to 100 game mark.

I remember when a significant portion of draft watchers on here wanted us to take Jayden Laverde because of his electric highlights package. 

Similarly, most here thought Parish was a can't miss prospect and were upset when we drafted a fat ranga at pick 3 instead of him. 

I love the draft. I love picking my favourites. But let's not pretend we have a clue how any of these guys will go, especially if you're forming strong opinions off highlights packages.

Edited by Davos
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davos said:

I remember when a significant portion of draft watchers on here wanted us to take Jayden Laverde because of his electric highlights package. 

Similarly, most here thought Parish was a can't miss prospect and were upset when we drafted a fat ranga at pick 3 instead of him. 

I love the draft. I love picking my favourites. But let's not pretend we have a clue how any of these guys will go, especially if you're forming strongopinions off highlights packages.

Exactly right. Youngs highlights package look good, real good. But so did Jimmy Toumpas.

A lot can happen once they are in an AFL environment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

 

Said few weeks back that I don't think you can go wrong with either Serong and Young. Both are going to be jets. 

If you're picking someone based on needs then i think Young is the first priority. Where's Serong I see someone who can slot in straight away and make an instant impact across half forward.

At the moment I am still undecided on Young/Serong for pick 3.

 

Well said DD, good to know there's a few options with the pick, I'm sure the FD are sorting through our needs  projecting forward with contracts list age profile on mind as consideration to weigh up on who to go with and making the call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

 

Said few weeks back that I don't think you can go wrong with either Serong and Young. Both are going to be jets. 

If you're picking someone based on needs then i think Young is the first priority. Where's Serong I see someone who can slot in straight away and make an instant impact across half forward.

At the moment I am still undecided on Young/Serong for pick 3.

There is a difference between having an opinion and just blatantly trolling which you are doing. You go on every single thread and crap on about how Goodwin is a [censored] coach because all he will do is pick inside mids in this draft. 

It's no wonder everyone takes the [censored] with now at every opportunity because you are well renown as a troll. I do hope mods pick up on this and send you away for good with @Matsuo Basho

Lol yeah ok mate. Can you stop talking about me or trying to antoganise me? Let me share my opinions without accusing me of being a troll? Give it a break buddy.

Different opinion = Make false allegations, personal attacks and call for them to be banned

Truth is Goodwin continues to talk about contested ball and we continue to draft players like Sparrow and Spargo while playing inside mids like Jones and Brayshaw on the wing and flank positions.

Taking Serong would be a disaster.

We went from prelims to 17th. Let’s that soak in.

Edited by olisik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, olisik said:

Lol yeah ok mate. Can you stop talking about me or trying to antoganise me? Let me share my opinions without accusing me of being a troll? Give it a break buddy.

Different opinion = Make false allegations, personal attacks and call for them to be banned

Truth is Goodwin continues to talk about contested ball and we continue to draft players like Sparrow and Spargo while playing inside mids like Jones and Brayshaw on the wing and flank positions.

Taking Serong would be a disaster.

We went from prelims to 17th. Let’s that soak in.

Just so we can judge your opinion accordingly, can you please let us know when you have seen Serong play. Which games? or highlights packages are you basing this opinion on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

Just so we can judge your opinion accordingly, can you please let us know when you have seen Serong play. Which games? or highlights packages are you basing this opinion on?

Saw him play at the TAC cup. Also you missed the point of my post. Are we here to judge each other’s opinion now? What’s your opinion? When have you seen him play? What do you think? Do you love him?

 

Didnt know you had to see every game a player has played to share your thoughts now. 

Edited by olisik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, olisik said:

Saw him play at the TAC cup. Also you missed the point of my post. Are we here to judge each other’s opinion now? What’s your opinion? When have you seen him play? What do you think? Do you love him?

 

Didnt know you had to see every game a player has played to share your thoughts now. 

Absolute rubbish.

How do i know this, no such thing as called the TAC Cup anymore.

Fail.

52 minutes ago, olisik said:

Lol yeah ok mate. Can you stop talking about me or trying to antoganise me? Let me share my opinions without accusing me of being a troll? Give it a break buddy.

Different opinion = Make false allegations, personal attacks and call for them to be banned

Truth is Goodwin continues to talk about contested ball and we continue to draft players like Sparrow and Spargo while playing inside mids like Jones and Brayshaw on the wing and flank positions.

Taking Serong would be a disaster.

We went from prelims to 17th. Let’s that soak in.

Oh yeah where exactly has he mentioned this leading up to the draft? You keep harping on and on about this and yet Goodwin already has shown that by recruiting outside players in Langdon and Tomlinson he is fixing a glaring need already.

Why do you keep bring up past draft selection when discussion has been clearly focused on this year's draft.

You're out of wack. 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, olisik said:

Saw him play at the TAC cup. Also you missed the point of my post. Are we here to judge each other’s opinion now? What’s your opinion? When have you seen him play? What do you think? Do you love him?

 

Didnt know you had to see every game a player has played to share your thoughts now. 

Which game?

If your opinion is based on one game, then I hardly think it's a valid one. If you have seen him player 5 times for instance, then fair enough.

I have only seen him play in the Vic Country vs WA game and then seen some highlights from the NAB League APP.

I certainly have not seen nearly enough of him to make an opinion that he would be a disaster. He didn't have a great game in the one I saw but definitely saw some things to work with there, would need to see a lot more to make a solid judgement regarding his pace and if his marking will stack up at AFL level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

You're out of wack. 

Dazzler (and others), just put any troll on "ignore". 

Your Demonland experience will be much enhanced plus they won't get the attention they thrive on and will hopefully go away.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

Which game?

If your opinion is based on one game, then I hardly think it's a valid one. If you have seen him player 5 times for instance, then fair enough.

I have only seen him play in the Vic Country vs WA game and then seen some highlights from the NAB League APP.

I certainly have not seen nearly enough of him to make an opinion that he would be a disaster. He didn't have a great game in the one I saw but definitely saw some things to work with there, would need to see a lot more to make a solid judgement regarding his pace and if his marking will stack up at AFL level.

So no one should share opinions unless they have watched more then 1 game of any player? Would be a very quiet forum if that rule applied

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Nat Fyfe had one of the worst under 18 highlights I have ever seen.

Judge him when he is around the 70 to 100 game mark.

Problem is  that they don't all get to the 70 - 100 mark.

The skill and the luck is picking the right one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about we all agree to put Olisik on ignore and for those who don't, please do not quote him.

I'm going to do that now.

His comments are worthless trollings and should not get oxygen through replies.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short and sounds like hes a poor kick. No thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

How about we all agree to put Olisik on ignore and for those who don't, please do not quote him.

I'm going to do that now.

His comments are worthless trollings and should not get oxygen through replies.

Remind me again MS how do I put on ignore, definitely needs to be done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Remind me again MS how do I put on ignore, definitely needs to be done

On a phone or ipad, go to the 3 horizontal bars top right of screen, then go to account, then down bottom ignored users, then type on moonsha....... oops, I mean Olisik.

It gives you the option to ignore posts and messages, but not where his post is quoted, unfortunately 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click on your username at the top of the page, go to "ignored users" and type in the name of the poster in question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, olisik said:

Lol yeah ok mate. Can you stop talking about me or trying to antoganise me? Let me share my opinions without accusing me of being a troll? Give it a break buddy.

Different opinion = Make false allegations, personal attacks and call for them to be banned

Truth is Goodwin continues to talk about contested ball and we continue to draft players like Sparrow and Spargo while playing inside mids like Jones and Brayshaw on the wing and flank positions.

Taking Serong would be a disaster.

We went from prelims to 17th. Let’s that soak in.

Dogs and Hawks both won flags then failed to make the 8 the next season.

Not really sure what you're point is here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by the Oracle

    Thankfully they moved this week’s game from Sydney where the sun shines and the virus breeds ever so slowly and almost nobody returns a positive test. The change of fixture comes at precisely the right time to allow everyone in town to head to the MCG on Sunday at around 3:30pm, not to catch up with what’s going on inside the ground but rather, to do what’s fashionable for woke folk in 2020 — pulling down statues. It’s time for Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Matthews to go but you can’t touch Norm Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LESSONS IN LOSING by George on the Outer

    Turn up for the game and look like you want to win it.  Melbourne lost this game to Geelong, a game after a couple of extended breaks, looking like they were at the end of a 22 game season. Right from the start there was a lack of intensity across the board, as the Demons played exactly the type of game that the ageing Geelong list wanted. Geelong repeatedly played possession footy, to avoid having to run those ageing legs, something that Melbourne failed to exploit.  To use the oft quot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    QUARRANTINO by Whispering Jack

    At a little after 4.00pm last Saturday, the MCG ceased to be the centre of the AFL universe. That was when the AFL’s el supremo Gil McLaughlin announced that the Bombers’ Conor McKenna had returned a COVID-19 positive result and declared that the game set for the following day between Essendon and Melbourne was postponed.  What followed was truly the stuff of a pulp fiction novel. We witnessed a suitcase load of mental gymnastics and spin calculated to let McKenna (and the Essendon Football

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHADDA WE SING? by Whispering Jack

    When the Melbourne team sang “The Grand Old Flag” last Saturday at Marvel Stadium in the absence of skipper Max Gawn, Ed Langford and Adam Tomlinson who were first time winners at their new club and Jayden Hunt, the leading goal kicker of the day it was passed off as an honest mistake. Taken in isolation, it most probably was accidental but the problem is that little accidents have been happening far too often in the club’s recent history and, in this case, it was symptomatic not only of a day t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A POINT OF DIFFERENCE by George on the Outer

    It was Melbourne v Carlton at the comics stadium; a game between 16 and 17 in 2019. How could anyone pick a winner?  There had to be a point of difference, and so it would prove to be as the Demons literally fell over the line at the end, by a solitary point. In an almost complete replica of the Richmond v Collingwood game two nights previously, one of the sides (Melbourne in this case) rushed out to a five goal lead in the first quarter, while the Blues failed to bother the goal umpir

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EXPOSED FORM by The Oracle

    Carlton fancies itself to beat Melbourne at Marvel Stadium on Saturday and, based on exposed form, why not? The Blues took it right up to the reigning premiers in their last up start and the Demons were simply horrible against the Eagles at Optus Stadium. That opening game of the season revived all of the nightmares of 2019 for a team that went inside the 50 metre arc 45 times, an advantage of 10 times over the home side and yet lost by almost five goals. Such statistics sum it up for a gam

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SOCIAL DISTANCING by George on the Outer

    It was good to see the MFC players practicing the directives about social distancing at the game against West Coast.  Pity was that they continued to do so after the first bounce of the ball, as they allowed numerous WCE players run around un-hindered, with not a Melbourne player within 1.5 metres of them! They then found themselves looking at nearly a 5 goal deficit at the first break, which was to be essentially the final margin for the game. It is difficult to judge exactly what is going

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BEST IN SHOW by Whispering Jack

    I am writing this knowing that the AFL has deemed that the opening round of competition will proceed but fully believing that it should not.  The world is going through cataclysmic change as a result of the overwhelming spread of the Covid-19 virus and I agree that a distraction like sport would be good for the public. However, while the physical threat to the population is bad enough, there are other  issues to be addressed including the mental health of the community and the effects on th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    TASSIE DEVILS by Van Demon

    If you were looking for something new from the Demons that wasn’t there last year, you didn’t have to look further than the perfectly trimmed grass surface of UTAS Stadium last night as the team steamrolled the Hawks to record a comprehensive 32-point victory to complete their Marsh Community Series commitments for 2020. One new thing was the fact that for the second Marsh game in a row, the team finished full of running and they dominated the second half without the presence or the dominan

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by Paddy Gosch

    The Demons will go into their final Marsh Series match with a strong lineup against the Hawks in Tasmania. Both Max Gawn and Steven May, who were recovering from injuries in first Marsh Series match, have both been named. It is unclear whether Max will be on restricted minutes and will likely get breaks in the ruck with Sam Weideman and rookie Luke Jackson getting their turns in the middle. Angus Brayshaw will be getting his first taste of competitive football despite playing in last week’s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    KANGAROO CAUGHT by Whispering Jack

    There was a fair amount of debate in our area as to whether the game warranted a full blown match report because it was felt that it was really an elevated version of a training session with match simulation but against a team in opposition colours. Although notionally the stronger side, North seemed to be using the occasion for the purpose of working on aspects of their game plan, one of the features of which seemed to be based on taking the longest possible route out of defence and good luck w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    JUST AN ABERRATION by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne unveiled its top recruits with new fitness boss Darren Burgess and mid-sized bull Christian Petracca sharing top billing in the team’s Marsh Community Series opener in front of 3,095 football starved fans at Casey Fields and thousands of others watching on screens of various shapes and sizes.  What they saw was a different Melbourne to the one that failed to run out its JLT Series games last year and then crashed in a heap early in the season proper with performances lacking the z

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

×
×
  • Create New...