Demons Grand Plan for Yarra Park Training HQ

Wiseblood

42 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Interesting to see the Yarra Park proposal emerging in this morning’s paper as an election issue with the East Melbourne Group letterboxing 4000 households in Melbourne and Richmond to vote Liberal/Greens as the ALP hasn’t come out in opposition like the other two parties! ?

This puts out resident Tories in quite the bind doesn't it?

The ironing is delicious.

7 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

This puts out resident Tories in quite the bind doesn't it?

The ironing is delicious.

So is the irony! ?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Interesting to see the Yarra Park proposal emerging in this morning’s paper as an election issue with the East Melbourne Group letterboxing 4000 households in Melbourne and Richmond to vote Liberal/Greens as the ALP hasn’t come out in opposition like the other two parties! ?

i thought the libs weren't putting up a candidate in that state electorate

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

They aren’t putting one up in Richmond but the Greens are standing in both! Both the Liberals and the Greens have declared themselves against the MFC proposal!

3 minutes ago, CBDees said:

They aren’t putting one up in Richmond but the Greens are standing in both! Both the Liberals and the Greens have declared themselves against the MFC proposal!

so if the greens beat labor, that will just be more incentive to dan to make it happen?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Yep, Libs aren’t even bothering to run dead in Richmond.

They want Greens to topple Labor here and don’t want to divert any votes away from them.

Greens are a strong chance in Richmond too. Labor are appropriately nervous about this one.

1 minute ago, ChaserJ said:

Yep, Libs aren’t even bothering to run dead in Richmond.

They want Greens to topple Labor here and don’t want to divert any votes away from them.

Greens are a strong chance in Richmond too. Labor are appropriately nervous about this one.

This does not sound good for our new HQ now.

18 minutes ago, deebug said:

This does not sound good for our new HQ now.

not at all. currently labor seem to be sympathetic. if they stay in power the odds shorten in our favour. richmond council or any other local authority don't have any definitive say in the decision

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

not at all. currently labor seem to be sympathetic. if they stay in power the odds shorten in our favour. richmond council or any other local authority don't have any definitive say in the decision

Not positive that Labor is necessarily supportive. They have merely avoided Speaking out in opposition  (preferring to refer it to VCAT and MCC and “due process”)! It’s nothing to do with Richmond (except the East Melbourne Group are hoping that the Greens get elected as they are likely to oppose anything no matter how what the merit)! 

44 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Not positive that Labor is necessarily supportive. They have merely avoided Speaking out in opposition  (preferring to refer it to VCAT and MCC and “due process”)! It’s nothing to do with Richmond (except the East Melbourne Group are hoping that the Greens get elected as they are likely to oppose anything no matter how what the merit)! 

it might all be nothing but wishful thinking, but, i get the impression the mfc has got some political support in the right places, guess we will know which way it is going one way or the other in maybe 3-6 months?

• Like 2

There was a heated discussion on Reddit about this. Most of those in not in favour went along the lines of "MY PARK HURRR DURRR" and basically carried on like as if this would completely ruin the park.

Edited by praha
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, praha said:

There was a heated discussion on Reddit about this. Most of those in not in favour went along the lines of "MY PARK HURRR DURRR" and basically carried on like as if this would completely ruin the park.

Actually it would improve the park for locals as:

a) training would only be 5-6 hours per week (c.f. extended times when used for event parking and locals cannot access it);

b) we would maintain the oval and it would not be fenced off (c.f. Richmond F.C.) making it available for dog walkers morning and evening etc;

c) the proposed internal facilities (such as netball/basketball courts) would be available for local (youth) teams who have to rely on schools etc; 

d) the area would be available and accessible for locals on event days (c.f. at present when it is used for event parking)!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ProDee said:

Labor is hopeless, the Greens are insane, and the Liberals are pathetic. 

Great choices. 

Looks like you are voting informal then Pro! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, daisycutter said:

I thought they aren't running at all Dc...  but more power-walking, 'back to the future'.

'ere's your Guy Dc...   'strutin past his electorates'.  Blue-ribbon team in-tow.

9 hours ago, CBDees said:

So is the irony! ?

Exactly as Lisa Simpson said.

Though I regret pulling that video now as I have to look at that disgraceful charlatan, Paul Joseph Watson.

9 hours ago, ProDee said:

Labor is hopeless, the Greens are insane, and the Liberals are pathetic. 

Great choices. 

C'mon ProDee. Break out your kale smoothies, man bun and your Noam Chomsky books and take one for the team.

Better red (and blue) than dead says I.

I guess this means the Yarra Park idea is dead in the water. I can see us homeless for another few years, before announcing a poor second  best option, with a far inferior building than we planned over the railway tracks.  Was hoping that we had secured political support by dumping our poker machines. Guess not.

Oh well, at least i wont have to vote Labor now. :)

Capture.JPG

Edited by ding

43 minutes ago, ding said:

I guess this means the Yarra Park idea is dead in the water. I can see us homeless for another few years, before announcing a poor second  best option, with a far inferior building than we planned over the railway tracks.  Was hoping that we had secured political support by dumping our poker machines. Guess not.

Oh well, at least i wont have to vote Labor now. :)

Capture.JPG

Although they may support an AFL plan

or a local community plan

or any other plan 

after they are elected 

• Like 1

This is what i don't get with these NIMBY's. They hide behind their mantra of protecting the local parkland, yet low and behold, there is this massive structure (MCG) smack bang in the middle of it.

How space for another open oval would detract from Yarra Park is completely beyond me. If anything, it would smarten the place up, providing an accessible oval for local residents to use outside of training times.

I guess our fall back position could be just training on the G ?

• Like 3

On 9/2/2018 at 9:29 AM, Ethan Tremblay said:

100% going ahead with Government backing. 

This is excellent news, stimulating thoughts that the Dees are getting serious, again. Whilst it has been a very long time for this groundswell to emanate from what has been an agony of doubts year in, year out, it certainly feels that the No.1 pedestal is about to be re-occupied by the Red 'n Blue for a lustful charge at invincibility for some years to come. 58 years of pain, or so, seems to have been vanquished.