First Chaplin, now this....

Leoncelli_36

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Who’s that? 

I know there is a bit of tongue in cheek in this comment, but let’s be clear - this is a paid employee and player for the Melbourne AFLW team. This post is from a month ago. She is actively supporting the opposition. It’s really disappointing 

Sacking her would be very rough. A word in the ear would do.

Even then, I’m not convinced it’s that big a deal. What if it was the media and marketing person in opposition colours? Or the receptionist? The receptionist probably gets paid more than Lily does. Does being a paid employee of the club automatically entitle the club to prohibit barracking for other teams?

She’s not barracking against the team she plays for, she’s barracking for the Geelong men. If she was barracking for the Geelong women while the AFLW season was on, I might be a bit more outraged.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Even then, I’m not convinced it’s that big a deal. What if it was the media and marketing person in opposition colours? Or the receptionist? The receptionist probably gets paid more than Lily does. Does being a paid employee of the club automatically entitle the club to prohibit barracking for other teams?

She’s not barracking against the team she plays for, she’s barracking for the Geelong men. If she was barracking for the Geelong women while the AFLW season was on, I might be a bit more outraged.

Really. I am shocked. No wonder we have such a soft underbelly and we are a half baked club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Really. I am shocked. No wonder we have such a soft underbelly and we are a half baked club. 

Because one bloke with zero influence doesn’t share the view of another bloke with zero influence? Righteo ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Would you conversely consider it ‘no big deal’ if Jack Viney was at an AFLW game wearing an Adelaide scarf? And if not why the double standard?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Because one bloke with zero influence doesn’t share the view of another bloke with zero influence? Righteo ?

Nah because I would have thought that if you are part of a club, you are fully committed to the support and values of that club. That you are a custodian of building the culture of that club. And when you have people who are half in, you end up with a weak club where no one really cares. That’s what we have. That’s why blokes like Lyndon Dunn say they’d wished they had lined clubs like Collingwood earlier. 

Just now, Matsuo Basho said:

Would you conversely consider it ‘no big deal’ if Jack Viney was at an AFLW game wearing an Adelaide scarf? And if not why the double standard?

Do you remember when a young first or second yearJesse Hogan had that photo of himself in a Freo scarfe when Freo were in the finals and we were out? I said then that “word in the ear” would be an appropriate response. My view has been consistent.

You and L_36 think he should have been sacked on the spot, I suppose.

• Like 2

Im all for if it means her and Jack Viney are booted off that podcast for being so cringeworthy to listen too.

Ok in all seriousness its not a hanging offence but its probably not a good look either. Lets put things in perspective. Mithen is a paid MFC employee. If this was Jack Viney or say Tom McDonald wearing a collingwood scarf then everyone would wanting blood.

Honestly if i had personally stumbled across i can definitely vouchi that i would have continued scrolling on through..

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Nah because I would have thought that if you are part of a club, you are fully committed to the support and values of that club. That you are a custodian of building the culture of that club. And when you have people who are half in, you end up with a weak club where no one really cares. That’s what we have. That’s why blokes like Lyndon Dunn say they’d wished they had lined clubs like Collingwood earlier. 

I’m completely lost as to the link between this rambling nonsense and my post containing my opinion.

I’m not the club. My opinions posted on Demonland bear no correlation to whatever culture the club is trying to build with its employees. My posts aren’t the reason for anything, but I’m glad you think highly enough of me to think I’m at fault for the club’s supposed soft underbelly.

• Like 2

Is she related to Laurie Mithen? i had always assumed so and I had also assumed that our team had a few female relatives that we had given extra chances to because thats what many of the AFLW teams do.

EDIT Below

• She is from Geelong
  • She was drafted
  • Her Grandfathers cousin was Laurie so it is a long bow
Edited by Damo
  • Thanks 1

Call me old fashioned, call me a fool. I could not give a continental about the AWFL nor what Lilly M wears to the footy. MFC has much bigger fish to fry- like sorting out why we went from missing out on the GF by 1 game to sitting 3rd from the bottom.

• Like 1