Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

On 7/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, don't make me angry said:

Boomer has no clue buddy was from Perth, players like hogan don't go back to Perth, there are more chances of hogan going to a big Victorian club, or Sydney. 

Boomer was on the money ?!!!

2 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

No they have confirmed it

That was indeed my cryptic point ...Cheers

25 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I may have mentioned it elsewhere but i seem to recall hearing that May is an arrogant lazy bugger - would he fit if that were the case?

So too was Brian Lake and look what happened at Hawks?!!

I'm sorry but i'll lose serious faith in the club if we trade him for one [censored] first round pick. We paid two to get him and we should demand two high picks in return. I'm happy to get one pick now and one in the future to help us secure any future deals, but i'd spit chips if we gave him up for one first rounder. His stats for his age are on par with Josh Kennedy ffs.

The way i see it is we are getting two first rounders and one of them will go to the suns for May. What we do with the other pick is anyone's guess. I'd like to make a play for Sam Walsh but he's like a no.1 pick. The King brothers are the high prospect talls in the draft. 

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

THere was a quote from his management in the article posted by Fox Footy on Facebook. He said he is open to moving if a trade can be done that suits Melbourne.

Not in the article I read. It was just a piggy back piece off what Ralph had to say. 

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

THere was a quote from his management in the article posted by Fox Footy on Facebook. He said he is open to moving if a trade can be done that suits Melbourne.

If he wants to go, 2 top 10 picks and on ya bike. Bring in may, use the cap space to increase our offer to gaff and get back into the pointy end of the draft. 

Another pre season into weid and I think he could have a good year of 40 goals as well

Just now, Gorgoroth said:

If true, use the cash we will save to up the offer to Gaff and throw the two top 10 picks we must receive and throw them at GWS for Kelly.

Both would be overkill. I don't know how good May is but i think our defence does need some solid reinforcement. Frost and Oscar can do a job yes, but i don't think they'll ever develop to be reliable lock down defenders. So going after May makes sense. Use the other pick for an outside runner.

Trading Hogan for a pick 5 that probably won't be early enough to get a King twin, and even then will take 5 years to teach him... assuming he's any good... Which we know from the Watts situation, is fraught with danger.

This is a [censored] joke. Again we get screwed. Generational talent, and poof, gone before he's done anything.

3 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

If true, use the cash we will save to up the offer to Gaff and throw the two top 10 picks we must receive and throw them at GWS for Kelly.

now you are starting to realize the benefits that might flow from trading Hogan.

There is little doubt that the talks have been going for weeks and the media leaks are part of an orchestrated process.

As to the Eagles, Kennedy is not getting any younger so they could be very interested in a succession plan that might even include trading Kennedy back to a Victorian club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SFebes said:

He'd get more than one first round pick so don't even give those thoughts any space in your head, relax.

Melbourne’s starting point in a trade for Hogan would be to ask for Fremantle’s first draft pick, which is currently No.5 but will be pushed back to six by a Tom Lynch compensation selection.

There might be other components to that trade but they would be unlikely to also receive Brisbane’s pick 4 for Hogan if they traded it to Fremantle for Lachie Neale.

1 minute ago, SFebes said:

He'd get more than one first round pick so don't even give those thoughts any space in your head, relax.

Exactly. I posted a while back that Fremantle were chasing Brisbane’s first round pick for Neale and would package that up with the first round pick they already have and offer them for Hogan. Nothing has changed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Melbourne’s starting point in a trade for Hogan would be to ask for Fremantle’s first draft pick, which is currently No.5 but will be pushed back to six by a Tom Lynch compensation selection.

There might be other components to that trade but they would be unlikely to also receive Brisbane’s pick 4 for Hogan if they traded it to Fremantle for Lachie Neale.

That's just that journalists opinion. Hogan is easily worth 2 early first rounders

• Like 3

He’s contracted and other similar players have been worth 2 picks so that’s what we will get for hogan. Freo are desperate and will cough them up just to get a good player over the line. 

Let's also get this out of the way. We won't be getting Brayshaw nor do i think we want Brayshaw. Brayshaw was pick 2 and he's Ross's boy. Ed Langdon now, that's something i'd like to see.

1 minute ago, Good Lord George said:

That's just that journalists opinion. Hogan is easily worth 2 early first rounders

Agree. And I believe we said the same thing when Lever was up for trade last year.

Still. It jangles the nerves a bit.

• Like 2

Maybe Freo need to trade the pick they get for Neale to Adelaide for their 2 first rounders. Then we'll take the lower (or higher...) of the two with Freo's pick 5.

Edited by Good Lord George
  • Like 1