Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

10 hours ago, Melb16 said:

Some people do want him traded, or there wouldn't be a thread this size about it. That's their prerogative. But I hope they aren't the same people that get upset with Clark, Howe, $cully etc.

We should be doing everything we can to extend his contract as he's a very important player.

I said he ''can'' kick 50 in a season. Given he averaged 2.4 in 20 games I reckon that's a fair statement to make.

You are very simplistic, Or very mischievous.

No one would want a loved player to leave this club.

The whole point is, that those you mention, want other players/player-types into the clubs list.  The types we are short of.

lets see:-

Dylan Shiel ?

Lachie Neale ?

Josh Kelly ?

another kid from the draft for our future.  etc.

The ability to pay for one of these mature elite players;,, is the key to this thread.  We don't have very much of 'the ready', to straight out buy one of them, or the draft picks to entice a grumpy club.

Enter player trades..... now who have we got that would be able to get us 'the solution', to getting one, or perhaps more than one onto our list, for next year, or 2020 ?

It's not about wanting to get rid of Jesse...    It is about how do we get other players in.!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

Yep we're having a discussion, I am also allowed to take offense at some discussions, and I just find 'Trade Hogan' disloyal, he's not BHP shares, I am not silly enough to think everyone will agree with me, I am allowed to post my 2 cents though, as yiou say, it's a discussion .

Your right.   How do you feel about Jack Watts, now being gone ?

5 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Your right.   How do you feel about Jack Watts, now being gone ?

We need more about Jack W? FMD, there is enough. 

But to play along, I think the FD knew what it was doing. My point is similar to what Paul Roos / Simon Goodwin have said OTC and other venues, words to the effect 'don't underestimate how invested the players are in the club' and also what Nathan Jones said in players week OTC about internet trolls, there is a decent way to express your opinion_thus some of the commentary about our players has been downright rude, and some of what was said about Jack doesn't pass muster for a supporter.

Now before someone tells me to toughen up - Let me flip it back, if someone is going to go hard with their comments, slagging a player from a team you reckon you support, be bold and type your full name against your POS opinion. 

25 minutes ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

But to play along, I think the FD knew what it was doing. My point is similar to what Paul Roos / Simon Goodwin have said OTC and other venues, words to the effect 'don't underestimate how invested the players are in the club' and also what Nathan Jones said in players week OTC about internet trolls, there is a decent way to express your opinion_thus some of the commentary about our players has been downright rude, and some of what was said about Jack doesn't pass muster for a supporter.

Now before someone tells me to toughen up - Let me flip it back, if someone is going to go hard with their comments, slagging a player from a team you reckon you support, be bold and type your full name against your POS opinion. 

you show me yours, and I will show you mine ? !

Because when I have an issue with a player, a real issue. I will say it to them, face to face and have done so before, whether that be Fraser Gehrig, or Brad Green, or giles.

Been there done that.   I call a spade a spade, and a [censored] shovel, just that.

29 minutes ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

And you did not answer the question of how do you feel about jack watts, now not in our club?   FMD, simple question.

9 minutes ago, DV8 said:

And you did not answer the question of how do you feel about jack watts, now not in our club?   FMD, simple question.

I did, you were just too busy hyperventilating to read it, re Jack Watts I said, "I think the FD (that was an abbreviation for the Football Department of the Melbourne Football Club) knew what it was doing (moving on Jack Watts, i.e. Jack Watts was not a good fit for our football team), do you need more than that? I can get some crayon. I'll use my name when I am slagging someone off, I didn't name you personally but obviously you want to make things about you.    

Edited by DaisyDeeciple
is/it
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

I did, you were just too busy hyperventilating to read it, re Jack Watts I said, "I think the FD (that was an abbreviation for the Football Department of the Melbourne Football Club) knew what it was doing (moving on Jack Watts, i.e. Jack Watts was not a good fit for our football team), do you need more than that? I can get some crayon. I'll use my name when I am slagging someone off, I didn't name you personally but obviously you want to make things about you.    

No, I said how do you feel, about jack watts being let go from the club.  It wasn't a question about the club. It was directed at you.

2 minutes ago, DV8 said:

No, I said how do you feel, about jack watts being let go from the club.  It wasn't a question about the club. It was directed at you.

I was sad he left, I really wanted to see him succeed at the club, but I felt like Goody gave him a chance, after 12 months away I can see that Goody knew what he was doing. I think Jack is a normal human, with some awesome skills but not much of a contested ball player which puzzles me to this day because he seems quite good at winning the 1v1s.

2 minutes ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

I was sad he left, I really wanted to see him succeed at the club, but I felt like Goody gave him a chance, after 12 months away I can see that Goody knew what he was doing. I think Jack is a normal human, with some awesome skills but not much of a contested ball player which puzzles me to this day because he seems quite good at winning the 1v1s.

In the end I was glad he left I wanted him gone after his last season with us...  sorry, I wanted him gone half way thru his last season with us. And I said so, straight out.

I new him and his dad, and I am left disappointed with him, to this day.

And I'm glad to say, he is gone. Poison to our efforts and attitudes. We've had far too many of that lazy picky type player in red n blue for decades.

6 hours ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

Soon as Goodwin became coach JW was gone

He wouldnt put up with that type of player and his lack of application

Hogan is different but he does need to work hard on the poorer parts of his game

No body is untradable if it is in the best interests of the team and the club

It is the business of football !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Watson11 said:

If the question is for the next 5 years then my list is Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Lever, and Hogan.  They are what clubs build a list around (if we can keep them all fit and on the park).  But the club imo has buolt a list that can still be really, really good if one or more of the above players are injured, as has been the case for 4 of them for large parts of 2017 and 2018

i'd go Gawn, oliver, lever, mcdonald, brayshaw, viney, petracca, fritsch then Hogan. i'm not even baiting i honestly just am not a hogan fan and would be more annoyed at losing even fritsch then hogan. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

Yep we're having a discussion, I am also allowed to take offense at some discussions, and I just find 'Trade Hogan' disloyal, he's not BHP shares, I am not silly enough to think everyone will agree with me, I am allowed to post my 2 cents though, as yiou say, it's a discussion .

Please...such righteous indignation !! Actually players in the sense of being part of a list are exactly commodities. They are 'bought' "traded' " written down" . You don't like it...fair enough. Don't come the raw prawn though and have it only your way. If you take offence to the way some view the whole shebang you're likely to be offended again. Maybe find a 'nice' thread.

I have no disrespect for any player as a person. Nor have I any real interest in them other than as a player. As a player they have their bit to do. They either do it or they don't. That's absolutely fair game for review as in my opinion their place on the list . 

You probably best steer well away from any List manager's office.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Please...such righteous indignation !! Actually players in the sense of being part of a list are exactly commodities. They are 'bought' "traded' " written down" . You don't like it...fair enough. Don't come the raw prawn though and have it only your way. If you take offence to the way some view the whole shebang you're likely to be offended again. Maybe find a 'nice' thread.

I have no disrespect for any player as a person. Nor have I any real interest in them other than as a player. As a player they have their bit to do. They either do it or they don't. That's absolutely fair game for review as in my opinion their place on the list . 

You've got a very long list of favourite commodities there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sam Mclure on SEN confirmed Freo are not in race for Mcgovern as they are concentrating on a Hogan offer.

Grain of salt, but there seems to be momentum building in the rumour.

3 minutes ago, DSP said:

Sam Mclure on SEN confirmed Freo are not in race for Mcgovern as they are concentrating on a Hogan offer.

Carlton will get McGovern - they have been trying to get him for the last two years and he's now keen to go there.

Hogan will surely stay. Freo won't make finals for a few years, until they can establish a settled culture. 

12 hours ago, bluey said:

Jack Reiwold has always been able to kick the ball 30 metres, without the stutterrrrrrrr.a bit to to left a bit to the right.

OK.  Reminds me of Riewoldt in attitude at the same age and Josh Kennedy in kicking style.  Out of Hogan, Riewoldt, and Kennedy who would have the best accuracy stats? 

... Hogan 65.2%, Kennedy 64.7%, Riewoldt 62.8%

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Watson11 said:

If the question is for the next 5 years then my list is Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Lever, and Hogan.  They are what clubs build a list around (if we can keep them all fit and on the park).  But the club imo has buolt a list that can still be really, really good if one or more of the above players are injured, as has been the case for 4 of them for large parts of 2017 and 2018

17 hours ago, layzie said:

That's a very fair assessment. I'd possibly have T-Mac in but that's subjective.

16 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

me too

gawn, oliver, t mac, lever and hogan

Surely Brayshaw has to be up there, on top of his clearance work he’s starting to kick the odd goal running into fwd 50.

Really interested to see how Frost’s form continues as we enter the finals. Obviously in no ones top 5 players but if he can build on his current purple patch he will find himself getting a game every week. I think we could play Lever, Oscar and Frost together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DSP said:

He could come out and sign a new extension and later that day someone on SEN would say he's a chance to leave, no matter what he or the coach/FD does/says there'll be rumors of Hogan leaving until the day he retires. 

4 hours ago, Dr.D said:

i'd go Gawn, oliver, lever, mcdonald, brayshaw, viney, petracca, fritsch then Hogan. i'm not even baiting i honestly just am not a hogan fan and would be more annoyed at losing even fritsch then hogan. 

Hello Dr. Please see my last post in this thread.

23 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Anyone that wanted Watts to stay really should have no say in this thread. Period. That was just embarrassing and really showed a lack of understanding on footy and what it takes to be a good player. 

Hello Dr. Please see my last post in this thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

We've done this dance before BB, you are the merchant banker of supporters and I'm more into the pathos of the club. In the movie the Castle I'd be speaking about vibe, and perhaps I'm simple (I feel simple, arguing for respect on an internet forum).