Post Match Discussion - Elimination Final

Demonland

Still buzzing, can't sleep so i thought i'd write down a proper review. 

So we'll start with a few negatives because theIr ain't many. We blazed away a lot after qtr time. It felt like out of fustration more than anything, but it was still slightly dissapointing considering how we improved this area the last two rounds. Second negative is the goal kicking, seriously we missed so many easy chances just because we had no composure. Composure is how you beat Richmond, they want you to feel every kick is under pressure when in reality you do have a second or two more than you think. We should've won 10 goals plus tonight. Finally, don't over complicate things. Sometimes we just play on or do one handball too many. Going back on the mark is sometimes a good thing.

Positives, so many. I don't know if it was the atmosphere playing it's part but it felt like our pressure was the best since ANZAC day eve against the tigers. The tackling was perfect and the gut running fantastic. It felt like we were richmond today and the cats were us from back in round 5. Couldn't get out of the defensive traps and just coughing up easy balls. 

Weids stood tall and his second and third efforts were amazing. Something Hoges struggled with when he looked sore. 

Gawn wasn't even the game breaker, however his final qtr hit out dominance was noticeable. This is massive considering everyone figured he was the difference. In reality we were always the better team, but we had to learn the lessons from the experienced cats during the season. 

I see Trac not getting much credit and while he did fumble i felt like he was pretty good. He set up the first goal then went a bit quiet, but he can pop up at anytime with a clever handball or deep penetrating kick that can break open a game.

Oliver, Brayshaw and Viney had their chance to stand up and show the rest of the comp how good they're and they did. Viney probably won over a ton of casual fans tonight with the elbow to selwood's face and then running him down when he slipped haha.

Edited by MurDoc516
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Home now.  Bloody Hell that was awesome.  The noise when Jones kicked that goal in the last...  Incredible. 

Loved the Weed's game.  Not just that he had 24 disposals and three goals, but he also racked up four tackles.  For a young KPF, that's awesome. 

I've done my share of bagging Lewis during the season, but he was immense tonight.  If there's one knock n his game it's that he didn't get a tackle to his name, but he did everything else, including putting himself in Harm's way taking intercept marks.  He was everything we needed from a veteran tonight. 

I don't think I can go through everyone who was amazing tonight, but I've NEVER seen the team attack the ball and their opponents like that before.  If they do that a few more times this year we'll have a pretty silver cup. 

I should also point out that we have 18 players in that side with a 100% winning record in finals.  ?

I would have Salem in that sentence.  He had some shockers.  He was the only player out there for us who looked like he was overwhelmed by the occasion. 

With all due respect I thought he defended well and distributed well.. I wasn’t at the game,  watched it on TV (sober for a change) so I could stand to be corrected.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pates said:

Watched it in a pub in London with my brother and a small bunch of other Dees fans. I’m still trying to decide if it was all a dream. 

I didn’t get many chances to sing the song after before I moved here, and I can’t remember the last win I have witnessed live. But singing the song with a group of Dees faithful, and my brother after winning our first final in 12 years.....it actually felt a little surreal. 

You can’t wipe the smile off my face!

Awesome, where'd you guys watch? Been living in London since 07 and didn't realise there were more dees here. Would love to join you next week if I can get off work! 

• Love 1

Such a great win last night, was a real grind at times, the one thing that i absolutely loved was just how tough we're now. We're Built for finals footy.  Unsure how many of you saw the Melbourne faithful cheering Roosey at the end of the game on Fox Footy.  You could see how emotional he was getting.  Was Brilliant.

Go Dee's

• Like 6
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

Such a great win last night, was a real grind at times, the one thing that i absolutely loved was just how tough we're now. We're Built for finals footy.  Unsure how many of you saw the Melbourne faithful cheering Roosey at the end of the game on Fox Footy.  You could see how emotional he was getting.  Was Brilliant.

Go Dee's

U could see it meant so much to him BD and I think he even may have had a tear in his eye. 

He is a great man and I am forever great full for what he did. 

• Like 9

First things. I’m still buzzing hardcore from last night.

What a crowd and atmosphere. The drive down the Geelong Highway was the best I’ve ever done. I did think of driving into Geelong...  ?

Apologies to Jones, I’ve been a massive critic of his leadership on field when it’s mattered and the last three games in the last quarter he has stood up and led the way.

Jetta. Star!!! AA... nope, AU, All Universe backman of the millennium. A lock!

Weid and Tmac were huge, Viney... wow, built for finals. Harmes form the last two months has been top 1% of the afl.

The Clarry Choo Choo train rolls on!!!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

24 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

21 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

13 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

4 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

I am not sure last night could have gone any better...  it had everything.

We smashed the [censored] out of those pretenders.  Selwood , Ablett and Dangerfield, just LOL.   We bullied them.  

• Like 1