New Forum Software

Demonland

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Small thing but I notice we have the American date system with the month before the day.

My mind is fuzzy but I don't think that was the case with the old software:)

Just to clarify the date is the one which appears when you quote a posting over 24 hours old

cheers

Wait. Where are you seeing that date format?

On old posts (older than 48 hours) I see eg: Posted August 17, 2016.

6 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I'll look into that one. I can't seem to find anywhere in the software settings that deal with dates. It could be a local setting as per your own accounts that can be changed in your profile or settings.

thanks ... looked in my profile but nothing was obvious.

Here is a link to a page in another thread. The second last post quotes "bandicoot's posting of 7/26/2017" on my screen

http://demonland.com/forums/topic/42313-looking-ahead-the-path-to-september/?page=14&tab=comments#comment-1443687

Just now, Diamond_Jim said:

thanks ... looked in my profile but nothing was obvious.

Here is a link to a page in another thread. The second last post quotes "bandicoot's posting of 7/26/2017" on my screen

http://demonland.com/forums/topic/42313-looking-ahead-the-path-to-september/?page=14&tab=comments#comment-1443687

Oh. On the quoted posts not the actual posts.

As there is no date format setting in the software I reckon the American-centric software developers overlooked that. I'll see if there is a fix but we might be stuck with it.

10 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Oh. On the quoted posts not the actual posts.

As there is no date format setting in the software I reckon the American-centric software developers overlooked that. I'll see if there is a fix but we might be stuck with it.

Understood .. might just have to get used to another Americanism .... 

you are right though ... in the posts themselves as against the quoted posts the date is shown in the usual format

Good luck and as I said it's a very small point .... Great job

Edited by Diamond_Jim

While we're here. In the profile link, underneath 'Profile' is the subhead 'My Attachments'.

My partner is a yoga and meditation teacher and is forever trying manage my game-day anxiety and post-match irritation by exploring the root of my fears and through other Buddhist gobbledygook. Can we change this to just 'Attachments', so I don't have to ponder my life and its place in the Cosmos every time I log in with the simple earthy desire to hear people bickering about Oscar MacDonald? 

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just had a thought, the 'shocked' button - looks like a recent plastic purchase of mine that I got imported from Shanghai... she's a little robotic if you know what I mean...

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

While we're here. In the profile link, underneath 'Profile' is the subhead 'My Attachments'.

My partner is a yoga and meditation teacher and is forever trying manage my game-day anxiety and post-match irritation by exploring the root of my fears and through other Buddhist gobbledygook. Can we change this to just 'Attachments', so I don't have to ponder my life and its place in the Cosmos every time I log in with the simple earthy desire to hear people bickering about Oscar MacDonald? 

Cheers.

Judging by your correspondence there - my attachments for you @Skuit   = emotional deprivation and emotional inhibition.  I'll send you a link if need be ;)

Edited by Danelska
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danelska said:

Judging by your correspondence there - my attachments for you @Skuit   = emotional deprivation and emotional inhibition.  I'll send you a link if need be ;)

You might be right Danelska. No one has used a 'love' emoticon for a single one of my posts yet, while I'm in turn struggling to venture beyond the emotional safety of a casual thumbs up. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

You might be right Danelska. No one has used a 'love' emoticon for a single one of my posts yet, while I'm in turn struggling to venture beyond the emotional safety of a casual thumbs up. 

@Skuit pretty much the funniest thing I've read on here.... 

Edited by Danelska
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Skuit said:

Cheers.

I knew you were Paul Roos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

I knew you were Paul Roos.

Not according to my passport, but my girlfriend says we are all the one and the same and exist in the single sensory continuum from Paul Roos to RuPaul. You should consider changing your username to Destroy Hate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kumamoto_Ken said:

I don't know if this is specific to the new software or not but I've apparently used up my attachment quota.

When I follow the link to 'Manage attachments' I can see my attachments but I can't work out how to 'manage them' (ie delete a couple).

Using Firefox.

This has been fixed. All members can now manage/delete their own Attachments (virtual ones).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

I was reading one tread and went to post it in the tread when I press submit it went to another tread

Are you sure it posted it in another thread and not that you were in a different thread than you thought you were?

25 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Maybe if I am losing my mind who knows don't think so

From phone or pc ?

On 7/27/2017 at 4:06 PM, Demonland said:

You're telling me?????? :o

Thanks for fixing visuals and functions in Firefox.  All working perfectly!

As an aside, should a list of who is on-line/reading a page appear at the bottom of the thread?  It appears on the Home page only on my screens.  (pc, firefox and samsung android)

42 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Thanks for fixing visuals and functions in Firefox.  All working perfectly!

As an aside, should a list of who is on-line/reading a page appear at the bottom of the thread?  It appears on the Home page only on my screens.  (pc, firefox and samsung android)

Yeah there's a few spot fires that need to be put out from the weekend. That is one of them. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

Phone

I ask because on mine it opens a new tab each time i hit my icon. I can therefore have a number of effective pages open concurrently. Its possible to think you're on one whilst answering another. Done it myself lol

4 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I ask because on mine it opens a new tab each time i hit my icon. I can therefore have a number of effective pages open concurrently. Its possible to think you're on one whilst answering another. Done it myself lol

In what situation does it open a new tab on a phone?

I haveca Google phone. I have icon on desktop to dland. If i hit it it opens a new session.