A Day at the Races

Toorak

I ummed an ahhed about my best. I suspect the combination of J Cummings and McEvoy (the best Australasian jockey?) might have a huge day, and Spring for that matter. I really like Cascadian and Rohryn (and Tenly with bowman on board) but i'm going to make my best:

Mosh Music Race 6 no 9 at the Valley.

I love horses who love the valley and i love picket fences. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, binman said:

I ummed an ahhed about my best. I suspect the combination of J Cummings and McEvoy (the best Australasian jockey?) might have a huge day, and Spring for that matter. I really like Cascadian and Rohryn (and Tenly with bowman on board) but i'm going to make my best:

Mosh Music Race 6 no 9 at the Valley.

I love horses who love the valley and i love picket fences. 

Thanks Binman. Ill include it in our Best I think its paying around $5.50?

Best Bets:

Saturday Randwick Race 7 Number 1 Avilius 3.70 Win

Saturday Morphetville  Race 7 Number 1 Tan Tat Trusting $2.00 Place

Saturday Moonee Valley Race 7 Number 1 Hightail $3.60 Win

Saturday Mooney Valley Race 6 Number 9 Mosh Music 5.50 Win

Might need a few tvs to watch, but around 143/1 this week. Good luck punters

• Like 1

Replay time.

In the post to follow (below) there are 4 replays from the meetings in Melbourne & Sydney - 2 from last weekend and 2 from yesterday.

But in this post you can view the 4 big races from the York Carnival (which came to an end last night)  We may see some of the participating horses in our Spring.  Notably 'Japan' and maybe 'Battaash'

• Like 2

Best Bet Strike Rate (took a hit yesterday!)

8: 2 - 2 - 1

Australian Group Racing Calendar

And here are the 4 notable replays out of Melbourne & Sydney (last week & yesterday) Followed by the early market for the Group 1 Memsie Stakes (to be run next Saturday at Caulfield)

image.png.7ff8a090ae88c321426ae12f7a758626.png

• Like 2

Best Bet

Saturday Caulfield Race 8 No.11

Alizee (Win) $3.60

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

How is this for a magnificent gesture.  Kudos to the Kwok family (owners of star galloper 'Beauty Generation')

Beauty Generation’s owners gift $1 million to Tye Angland’s family

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, Macca said:

Best Bet

Saturday Caulfield Race 8 No.11

Alizee (Win) $3.60

Well i liked Fundamentalist in that race Macca, esp for the place @ 4.80.....quinella perhaps !

Best Bet:

Caulfield Race 6 No. 4  Vega Magic (W) @ 2.15

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Well i liked Fundamentalist in that race Macca, esp for the place @ 4.80.....quinella perhaps !

Best Bet:

Caulfield Race 6 No. 4  Vega Magic (W) @ 2.15

I've got Fundamentalist included in my exacta strategy Wadda.

Godolphin rarely use Damien Oliver (who is aboard Alizee) so Oli might pull out an extra special ride.

Apparently the instructions are to ride the horse cold and then swoop home. 

It's my best and $3.60 for the win is quite reasonable too. 

As for Vega Magic - excellent choice.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Best Bet

Saturday Eagle Farm 

Race 6 Number 1 Jagged Edge $2.80 Win

Keen to see how Bivouac goes in the San Domenico tomorrow. Probably the most impressive win I’ve seen so far in the early part of the carnival. Streaked them a fortnight ago.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Macca said:

I've got Fundamentalist included in my exacta strategy Wadda.

Godolphin rarely use Damien Oliver (who is aboard Alizee) so Oli might pull out an extra special ride.

Apparently the instructions are to ride the horse cold and then swoop home. 

It's my best and $3.60 for the win is quite reasonable too. 

As for Vega Magic - excellent choice.

Awesome.

• Like 1

Best Bets:

Saturday Caulfield Race 8 No.11 Alizee (Win) $3.60

Saturday Eagle Farm  Race 6 Number 1 Jagged Edge $2.80 Win

Saturday Caulfield Race 6 No. 4  Vega Magic (W) @ 2.15

This weeks best together approx 21/1 Good luck team !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Not sure what happened to Vega, looked like it was shot ! Not such a good day for us.....lets hope Alizee can get the bananas

If Alizee had have got up I would have had a bumper day Wadda.  As it was I followed Gator who produced 5 winners.  So ended up reasonably well in front.  Dawn Dawn at 8.50 (boosted) was a terrific start in race 2 (another Gator value pick)

As for our picks,  no good but it was only a small multi investment so no biggie.

Didn't follow JJ (James Jordan) as his picks were on the short side but he got 5 winners as well.  The big multi was there for the taking! 

They are the best 2 tipsters in the business in my opinion.  I'll post up their tips going forward if I've got the time but Gator's Melbourne racing tips are posted on Racing.com on a Wednesday evening (under the banner of 'Best Bets') whilst James Jordan's Morphettville tips are up just after 9.00am on a Saturday (again,  on Racing.com)

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Awful awful news with the 2 young jockeys losing their lives.  Such a dangerous occupation.

Deepest condolences to the family and friends of Mikaela Claridge & Melanie Tyndall.  Heart wrenching.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Macca said:

Awful awful news with the 2 young jockeys losing their lives.  Such a dangerous occupation.

Deepest condolences to the family and friends of Mikaela Claridge & Melanie Tyndall.  Heart wrenching.

Was there another one? My god.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Was there another one? My god.

Yes Melanie Tyndall lost her life after falling from a horse at the Darwin meeting yesterday.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

Yes Melanie Tyndall lost her life after falling from a horse at the Darwin meeting yesterday.

Thats unbelievable, its normally a once in a decade or more type thing and that normally a terrible injury. But 2 in less than a week is just shocking.

• Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I wonder if they are explaining Ollies new retirement package........

hayes-vega-2309.jpg

.....after his ride on Vega

What are you saying? 

39 minutes ago, Macca said:

What are you saying? 

Picture says a thousand words.......just the other side of racing i guess Macca Dacca. Please explain. 7.5 lengths last for a champion thats being aimed at the Everest. You would be asking questions to....Ollie said he went around on his wrong leg.......is that jockey for i dont have a clue?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Picture says a thousand words.......just the other side of racing i guess Macca Dacca. Please explain. 7.5 lengths last for a champion thats being aimed at the Everest. You would be asking questions to....Ollie said he went around on his wrong leg.......is that jockey for i dont have a clue?

Hang on a minute Wadda

For a start Oliver gave the horse a near perfect run.  Sat just behind the leader on the fence and then got the dream run on the inside.  The horse never left the rails.

But then the horse didn't go ... it was later reported that the horse has a hot spot in it's foreleg.  If serious the horse may well be retired.

I knew there was something wrong with the horse as soon as it didn't have that kick.  I didn't need confirmation.  I did my money too so you're not alone.

Go back and have another look at the race Wadda.  I understand that you may be hearing about the possible injury to the horse for the first time so thus the cross wires.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

A similar reaction came with the punters after a run by Avilius in Melbourne last Autumn (Australian Cup)

It was reported after the disappointing run (1.4 length 5th) that Avilius had contracted an ulcer/abscess in one of it's eyes.  That's got to affect a horse.

But punters are an unforging lot so the good odds were on offer in it's next run.  It duly won at 7-2 (overs) I got on and I might have even made it my best bet here.

And other times horses just don't run well because of some unidentified problem (like weariness from a solid campaign - which happens a lot)

I thought Vega Magic's odds were a bit too short anyway.  Sprint races often throw up mixed results (especially at Caulfield or the Valley)