How good was Robbie Flower!

highroller

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash - does it have Robbie's magnificent run from the back pocket to hff and goal at Windy Hill?

Unfortunately no. I've heard alot about this goal, but are yet to see it.

Thanks to the wonders of Fox Footy in the off-season, my Robert Flower highlights library is growing by the month.

I did a little bit of prep work for the video last night, and one thing I noticed was his exceptional marking ability. For all his poise and grace on the ground, Flower was an incredibly strong aerialist.

Obviously this would be one of the reason he was also able to play key positions on occasions, eg. state game vs WA in 1982.

I did a little bit of prep work for the video last night, and one thing I noticed was his exceptional marking ability. For all his poise and grace on the ground, Flower was an incredibly strong aerialist.

Obviously this would be one of the reason he was also able to play key positions on occasions, eg. state game vs WA in 1982.

Too true Ash. He was exceptional in the air and many people forget that when they think of Flower as just a good wingman. The closest I seen to Flower is Hird. IMO their judgement in aerial skills is similar.

Many thanks for your collation skills. ;)

so far who wants one of Ash's Robbie flower vhs copied to dvd

demon fanatic

go the bliff

dees win

rhino richards

finks

old55

robbief

highroller

trav20

whispering jack

DemonDave

Franky_31

_becks_

Fan

Old Man Rivers

and ME

as for $$ or drinks no thanks I have the video/dvd player already and blanks dvds are cheap

I am happy to post them out to anyone or you can pick them up from my store in Brighton

I will need a little time once I get the video from Ash as its my busy time of teh year.

anyone else want one just Pm me or add to the thread

mark

I agree with your analogy of Robbie F & James Hird. Pity was the Teams Robbie Played in were very poor-and he spent a lot of time playing in that AWFUL light blue Jumper.

I was so glad with what happened at Footscray in '87 (still my Favorite Saturday afternoon ever at the footy)The week after wasn't bad either. R Flower Starred that day

Pity He never won a Norm Smith-The entire crowd would have cheered.

Ahh well that's life

R Flower is a True Champ-Read his book

Flower was faster, more evasive, and a better mark.

Hird has influenced the result of more games.

At their best Flower is the better pure footballer but Hird arguably more valuable. Hird will be/is rated more highly by history.

If I had one criticism of Robbie it would be the defensive side of his game. His opponents could definately get a kick on him. But I'm splitting hairs. I love the guy.

If you want a hand give me a yell, I have a DVD burner and live local.

thanks mate for the offer I am hoping to get the first dvd back today as I had it copied from vhs to dvd last night then I will start to process here from dvd to dvd

I should ok unless I get too busy in store If I do I will drop you a PM

here is the is list anyone else or have I missed anyone ?

demon fanatic

go the bliff

dees win

rhino richards

finks

old55

robbief

highroller

trav20

whispering jack

DemonDave

Franky_31

_becks_

Fan

Old Man Rivers

jimi9

I want a Premiership !!!

ash

wheres jacka

Hards

davey_magik

GoDs

and ME

I hadn't read this thread for a while, so had a quick look to see what other accolades had been bestowed on the one and only, and low and behold Ash 30 and Markc productions have taken off.

The thought of having a dvd of Robbie to view and show my kids has sent a tingle right through my ageing body.

I guess what I am trying to say, is that I would be eternally gratefull to be added to the list of recipients.

Great work!!!

Only 72 days till we whip the Doggies!!

demon fanatic

go the bliff

dees win

rhino richards

finks

old55

robbief

highroller

trav20

whispering jack

DemonDave

Franky_31

_becks_

Fan

Old Man Rivers

jimi9

I want a Premiership !!!

ash

wheres jacka

Hards

davey_magik

GoDs

and ME

ok we have started pick can be from Wednesday 21.12.05

I have 5 here ready to go and will have another 5 tomorrow ( my guy can only do 5 a night )

I will hand them out in order so first 5 names above they are here

my shop address is

abc/network video

21 church st

brighton 3186

9592 8898

please pm me if you would like it mailed out

there is no charge for any of this.. I cant as I am a business( in video and dvd hire) and this might infringe on some copyright laws.

Any funds recieved I will glady Contribute towards buying a membership that we can GIVE AWAY from demonland

mark