• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 11

Demonland

As disappointed as the last 40 sec were yesterday I noted the following points

9 players in our side have played less than 50 games

4 of those are in their first year.

St Kilda are the best side for pressure on opposition (Ranked 1st in the league)and we matched them in pressure acts

Last year and the one before when we were 4 goals down in the 2nd quarter that would have been the game and a loss by 6 or more

Last year and the one before we would not have hit the front in the last after struggling all quarter.

Tyson has played 42 games and coming back from injury (Get off his back)

I don't think you could fault the players desire which we have in the past

Yep....Players made mistakes as ALL players do.....Yep it's frustrating watching from an elevated position when you can see loose players but the players at ground level can't.

It's not all doom and gloom....I think it is starting to come together.

Any player that pulls on our jumper does not deserve to be called a spud, please find another name to prove your superiority.

Anyway just my view on things as they stand.

Oh Please Bossdog we have been saying similar things about MFC players since 2006.

Nine long years of crap.

The side has numerous players who are not up to AFL level.

It has been the same since 2006 and the only the names have changed.

Another 2 -3 years of play turn overs await before we are again relevant to the competition.

• Like 1

It amazes me that so many of the people who make big declarations on Friday about how we are going to beat / smash a team, are back on Monday armed with a bunch of lame excuses for why we couldn't get the job done.

Ultimately they played mediocre football for 99% of the game and were so startled to be in a winning position with a minute ago, that they collectively crapped themselves in the final minute. St Kilda are overall a younger and less experienced side, and we should have beaten them. There is no excusing or sugar coating any of that.

That covers it.

And against the saints

It amazes me that so many of the people who make big declarations on Friday about how we are going to beat / smash a team, are back on Monday armed with a bunch of lame excuses for why we couldn't get the job done.

Ultimately they played mediocre football for 99% of the game and were so startled to be in a winning position with a minute ago, that they collectively crapped themselves in the final minute. St Kilda are overall a younger and less experienced side, and we should have beaten them. There is no excusing or sugar coating any of that.

Both sides were evenly matched going in at 3-7. St. Kilda's midfield has been in better form than ours, while you might say our defense has been a little better than theirs. Both teams have a great forward who kicked goals and, in the end, it came down to a lack of communication and leadership in the dying moments to get the job done.

To suggest we only played well for 1% of the game is laughable and wrong. The game ebbed and flowed all day with both sides taking momentum at different stages in the game. Our last quarter was poor, yet we hanged tough and stayed in the contest. There is no sugar coating those last 40 seconds that will haunt everyone associated with the club, from players to supporters, for the rest of the season, but there is plenty of proof that this isn't the same Melbourne side of years gone by.

• Like 2

Both sides were evenly matched going in at 3-7. St. Kilda's midfield has been in better form than ours, while you might say our defense has been a little better than theirs. Both teams have a great forward who kicked goals and, in the end, it came down to a lack of communication and leadership in the dying moments to get the job done.

To suggest we only played well for 1% of the game is laughable and wrong. The game ebbed and flowed all day with both sides taking momentum at different stages in the game. Our last quarter was poor, yet we hanged tough and stayed in the contest. There is no sugar coating those last 40 seconds that will haunt everyone associated with the club, from players to supporters, for the rest of the season, but there is plenty of proof that this isn't the same Melbourne side of years gone by.

That tells me that we are competitive against a fellow cellar dweller.

We ain't come very far

exactly, we kicked 6 in a row in about 20 minutes to take the lead by a couple midway into the third, we were dominating

the same exact thing happened last week too

we just need to sustain it for longer

• Like 3

These sort of "what-ifs" have been done to death over the years. You rarely have your best 22 on the field at one time, and the absent players are game changers all of sudden, when in reality, we know they're not. Sure, VDB, Salem and Kent would improve the team on paper, but that's not to say that the result changes.

If Garlett was out, many would say thet he was the difference between a win and a loss. He played and did stuff all, and the players you've mentioned could well have done the same, because none of them are proven A graders.

True, you rarely do. Unless your our opponents from last night who only had three on their injury list.

Those 9 I've mentioned may not have done much, but in all likelyhood they would have contributed more then say: Michie, Neal-Bullen, Stretch, Riley, Pedersen, Gawn, Grimes contributed. And that's not having a shot at those guys, just stating the obvious.

If players not being available isn't such a big deal, then why is it always a big story if a player is reported in a Prelim final and you see appeals lodged so the likes of Hall, Dunkley, Cloke, Rocca etc are available for the next match? Because the teams better off with a player in their best 22 playing then if they weren't. That's why.

It is no doubt having an effect but its not like we have any of our top players out like other teams do. What if TMac, Jones, Vince, Hogan were out?

Jamar was dropped probably wont play again. JT dropped, JKH was dropped, Dawes quite possibly would have been dropped if not injured.

Salem, Kent, Garland (and previously Viney) hurt but we should be able to cover

fark im sick of us being this bad!! almost a decade of this shite!

The saints were tipped for last place and 1-2 wins and are better than us already. I cant wait until pre-season.

And Gold Coast were tipped to challenge for finals. Things change.

How would St Kilda have gone last night with another 6 players out? In all likelyhood, we may have seen a different result.

As for the players mentioned, only two carry weight in Jamar & Dawes. JT was dropped a year ago just before his injury was diagnosed. Think we now know why he was so down on form. And think you'll find JKH was injured, not dropped.

Also we've had a decade of shocking drafting and have only started to get it right from the 2012 draft onwards. It will take awhile, but at least we've got a young core to build around now.

We ain't come very far

The sad thing is that to be competitive against a cellar dweller we have actually come a long way. When was the last time we were competitive, or thinking we should win, against a non expansion club at the bottom?

We ain't come very far

Go right ahead and see it that way old dee. I know you like the negative stuff.

But if you can't see the difference in our side compared to 2012 and 2013 then you're blind.

exactly, we kicked 6 in a row in about 20 minutes to take the lead by a couple midway into the third, we were dominating

The last bit is the key. When we can work out how to do it then we will see that improvement and confidence grow quickly. They just need that belief.

We ain't come very far

Go right ahead and see it that way old dee. I know you like the negative stuff.

But if you can't see the difference in our side compared to 2012 and 2013 then you're blind.

The only criteria that matters in the end is winning.

Same wins as last year so far with little prospect for many more.

We still have a very ordinary side the results speak for themselves

Sounds like a advert for erectile dysfunction.

We should get them as a sponsor

Edited by old dee

The only criteria that matters in the end is winning.

Same wins as last year so far with little prospect for many more.

We still have a very ordinary side the results speak for themselves

So you don't fancy us to beat Essendon, Carlton, Brisbane, Saints, Dogs or even a tired GWS at the end of the year?

Plenty of chances to win some games by the end of the year. We've had a tough run in the first half of the season, and if we get a few back after the bye and stay fit then we will easily push for 6-7 wins.

• Like 3

So you don't fancy us to beat Essendon, Carlton, Brisbane, Saints, Dogs or even a tired GWS at the end of the year?

Plenty of chances to win some games by the end of the year. We've had a tough run in the first half of the season, and if we get a few back after the bye and stay fit then we will easily push for 6-7 wins.

No

We might give Brisbane or Carlton a run for their money

Edited by old dee

You know you're a Melbourne supporter when instead of celebrating kicking what should be a match-winning goal with 40 seconds left, you are panicking inside as you know only Melbourne could lose the game from there.

But even with this pessimism that is ingrained in every true Melbourne fan, I still could not in my wildest dreams believe what was about to happen.

I could.

My 11 year old daughter sitting beside me telling me "40 seconds to go dad, we're gonna win."

"40 seconds...... , anything could happen." I replied.

They bounce the ball and made a trouble free clearance " Here we go......." I said.

Was like watching a nightmare unfold that I've seen before.

Edited by Fork 'em

One point that came out of Vince's press conference --- why exactly don't we have a countdown clock on the scoreboard? After thinking it over, it seems ludicrous that the only people in the universe who don't know how much time is left are those on the field of play! Yes, somehow between our coaches and our leaders the message got lost and we stuffed up. But really, why can't there be a countdown clock on the scoreboard? Then there is no need to send out the runner to tell the players ...

We have played some pretty exciting footy over the last two weeks, and even though we didn't come away with the win in the end , I really don't think we are that far way from being a good side.

A young developing side like us can't really afford to have four or five injuries to first 18 players like Kent, Vandenberg,JKH,Salem, Garland, Petracca, Dawes Trengove etc..

But as our depth Improves and we add four or five quality players to our list each year we will start to rise no doubt.

I know it's been frustrating but we are on the precipice and really not too far away from some real success.

• Like 1

Constant losing gives me zero joy either, but it doesn't mean I can't see the positives and gains the side is making.

Sorry to harp on but we still cannot beat cellar dwellers like ourselves.

I can go with you against the Pies, Sydney etc but St Kilda

I think the gains I see are marginal you obviously see better than that.

We have played some pretty exciting footy over the last two weeks, and even though we didn't come away with the win in the end , I really don't think we are that far way from being a good side.

A young developing side like us can't really afford to have four or five injuries to first 18 players like Kent, Vandenberg,JKH,Salem, Garland, Petracca, Dawes Trengove etc..

But as our depth Improves and we add four or five quality players to our list each year we will start to rise no doubt.

I know it's been frustrating but we are on the precipice and really not too far away from some real success.

Interesting word that it often means you are about to fall into a chasm.

• Like 1

The look on Peter Jacksons face at the ground was priceless !!! If looks could kill.

At least he is getting his part of the bargain done. I hope to hell he and Roos can use all their negotiation skills to get a couple of big names onto our list in a hurry. We can't cope with injuries, we need depth.