Delistings/trades at end of the season

I rekon Chris Yarran should be a target

Got some great assets and I reckon he is gettable from Carlton. His run off half back would be great at the Dees, something we really lack.

Anyway just my opinion no 'sources'

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 3

Also Im prepared to cop the hate on this one

But I don't reckon Jack Grimes is up to it - would trade/delist

Again just my opinion. And in reality I'd keep him on the list for his experience and leadership until the young brigade take over.

I hope he plays in the seniors for the rest of the year and proves me wrong, but his disposal is iffy and he is too slow and just gives up the ball. Take the tackle and get pinged don't just cough up the pill fffs

Anyway as I said my 2 cents

He's become far more of a 'project' than I'd hoped. I had really high expectations for him this season and he couldn't even cement a place in the 22.

His future is far from certain, I think.

its not certain, I agree. but he's not worth much atmo, & has a lot more ability inside to unlock. just as wattsy is doing, as Tmc did, as frawley did, as Gawn currently is.

I reckon all these wins would be making Howe and Col think about re-signing with us.

And the problem for them is that because they've waited till now - and our salary cap priority now is Gawn and fitting Prestia in - then they can probably get more money elsewhere.

I actually think we may end up almost pushing one of them out.

Due to our lack of depth and experience I hope we keep them all.

Even though I do think they all have limitations as players. if we can keep building with these 3 as role players I think we will be on the right track.

But it's really up to Howe and Col about what they want

• Like 2

And it's up to what others are prepared to pay. If there's a club out there willing to pay Howes asking price then obviously he will go and he'd be an idiot not to.

• Like 1

Also Im prepared to cop the hate on this one

But I don't reckon Jack Grimes is up to it - would trade/delist

Again just my opinion. And in reality I'd keep him on the list for his experience and leadership until the young brigade take over.

I hope he plays in the seniors for the rest of the year and proves me wrong, but his disposal is iffy and he is too slow and just gives up the ball. Take the tackle and get pinged don't just cough up the pill fffs

Anyway as I said my 2 cents

I though he had a good game yesterday UH. Made a few usual clangers, but did far more than I expected. He's a keeper for mine. Kicking needs work definitely.

Edited by Moonshadow

I reckon all these wins would be making Howe and Col think about re-signing with us.

And the problem for them is that because they've waited till now - and our salary cap priority now is Gawn and fitting Prestia in - then they can probably get more money elsewhere.

I actually think we may end up almost pushing one of them out.

Gawn and a mid definitely priority over Howe and Garland. Would rather keep Howe but not for the money that's been reported(yes it's probably crap) by other clubs.

Where is Frost going to play?

Got some great assets and I reckon he is gettable from Carlton. His run off half back would be great at the Dees, something we really lack.

I'm not a fan. He is lazy, has no idea how to play a ball in the air and his disposal is hit or miss.

No thanks...

Make a big offer for Motlop...or look for leg speed elsewhere.

• Like 5

I'm not a fan. He is lazy, has no idea how to play a ball in the air and his disposal is hit or miss.

No thanks...

Make a big offer for Motlop...or look for leg speed elsewhere.

Would definitely say yes to Motlop but think that is unlikely.

Also, I wonder whether we need another speedy small forward when we have Garlett.

He has great after-burners and when he gets the ball out the back (usually from a very smart kick from Gus) he gains meters on the opp and kicks a goal.

I recall some talk from Roos to play him in the midfield occasionally so our picks/trades/money may be spent better elsewhere.

Hardto identify Frosts position right now but I'd have him coming out of the backline. His pace and aggression will cause big headaches

I believe Roos said recently they see Frost as a long term backman. He will be a handy addition to the side next year.

• Like 1

I believe Roos said recently they see Frost as a long term backman. He will be a handy addition to the side next year.

Frost Petracca Salem and maybe Trenners. Like to see them have a big preseason and be in the mix for round 1

• Like 1

Would definitely say yes to Motlop but think that is unlikely.

Also, I wonder whether we need another speedy small forward when we have Garlett.

He has great after-burners and when he gets the ball out the back (usually from a very smart kick from Gus) he gains meters on the opp and kicks a goal.

I recall some talk from Roos to play him in the midfield occasionally so our picks/trades/money may be spent better elsewhere.

I had gone cold on my hopes of Motlop for salary cap concerns. But I feel a cheap Bennel may be quickly slipping away. Any other speedsters with goal sense on the radar? (Not Yarran). Is L.Jetta on the move and could possibly be poached from his suitors in the West - not the first time we've managed such?

Anybody pick up on the Coll/ Melb replay via Eddy and Shaw a low pitched remark that Shaw said about Hogan being their's

Not happy about that wishful thinking...

Would Love Chris Yarran!! Great mate of Jeff Garlett ! Just the player Roosy would love to have and mould!!

Would Love Chris Yarran!! Great mate of Jeff Garlett ! Just the player Roosy would love to have and mould!!

Yarran reminds me a lot of Watts before he 'got it'

If Goodwin and B Mac can do to Yarran what they've done to Watts, he'd be a great pick up as we lack pace and class

Yarran reminds me a lot of Watts before he 'got it'

If Goodwin and B Mac can do to Yarran what they've done to Watts, he'd be a great pick up as we lack pace and class

Haha.

Honestly.

Some supporters.

I can only imagine what you and others would be saying about Watts if he was at Carlton and Yarran if he were at the dees. The exact opposite to what you just said I'd suggest.

Yarran is a proven talent, an elite kick, elite speed and is simply playing in a side who are going through a rough patch and is clearly not responding in a way you'd like as coach.

Garlett was playing in a very similar way last year under Mick. He was also playing in the VFL.

Look at what he's doing for us atm?

You're all blind. Saying that Watts has 'got it' and Yarran doesn't. Lols.

Yarran would be an extremely valuable addition for our side. It doesn't matter what way any bias Melbourne supporter paints it.

He is supremely talented and has runs on the board. But like many players, is struggling at a club who are shot.

• Like 2

Haha.

Honestly.

Some supporters.

I can only imagine what you and others would be saying about Watts if he was at Carlton and Yarran if he were at the dees. The exact opposite to what you just said I'd suggest.

Yarran is a proven talent, an elite kick, elite speed and is simply playing in a side who are going through a rough patch and is clearly not responding in a way you'd like as coach.

Garlett was playing in a very similar way last year under Mick. He was also playing in the VFL.

Look at what he's doing for us atm?

You're all blind. Saying that Watts has 'got it' and Yarran doesn't. Lols.

Yarran would be an extremely valuable addition for our side. It doesn't matter what way any bias Melbourne supporter paints it.

He is supremely talented and has runs on the board. But like many players, is struggling at a club who are shot.

Yarran is a lazy footballer

Yarran is a lazy footballer

He has shown that he can be lazy.

Just as Watts has.

They've both also shown that they have an ability to not be lazy. I'd argue that Yarran over his career has shown more of an appetite to chase and tackle than Watts. But that's not the point.

Your outlandish comments are absurd.

One week you say how putrid we are. The next you say we'll be a team of superstars next year.

It's the same when you make ultimatums about players. Yarran is not a lazy footballer. He is simply not playing at the required level at the moment.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 3