THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

24 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Its good for the AFL if they forget about continually trying to make the strong " traditional" clubs stronger and think about the entire competition for a chnage. We're THE original club and no one really gives a rats about our exposure or strength. I'd love Essundone to crash and burn quite frankly...and recover in a few years. Maybe 10.

Exactly f Ess, they made there bed now deal with it. I still don't get the comments about the AFL needing Ess, no club is indispensable.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Little said some time back that he would stand down as Chairman once the WADA matter was dealt with. Given the CAS hearing is concluded, there's nothing further he can do, so I think standing down now is consistent with his statement.

Disagree.  The WADA matter will not have been dealt with until the CAS decision is announced. So Little can't be praised for doing what he said he'd do - he hasn't . And he can do something further - he can face the music post CAS (or celebrate) as I said in my earlier post. And then allow his successor to disown the past rather than say what Tanner has said. Tanner probably had 'Little' alternative having takien over now.

Edited by sue
  • Like 4

Just now, Cards13 said:

Isn't Warners bowling figures 0/200 off 20 overs?

About that. And he gets no reverse swing with the old ball, so its about to get worse. CAS openers have just got their eye in.

Its pills like weiner, and the drunken drooler, who i am looking forward to hearing from the most, when this gets ugly for them.

56 minutes ago, H_T said:

Like OD says, LT is just rallying the troops. Don't get wound up about a breath of fresh air at Windy Hill/Tullamarine. The damage was done, they'll have to wear it (so to the AFL) whatever turns up in the coming days.   Quite probably...But still the same old company line.  No one's owning the problem up on the hill !!

I like it that no one knows, and club insiders are reportedly edgy.  Fun isn't it :) They should be edgy !!

If there is an overturned finding, penalties will be (reportedly) heavily reduced (ie.back dated).  They will be making this up :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Not sure your first comment is true bb.

LT did say it was the Clubs fault not the players. I think that squarely says were the blame is apportioned.

He did then of course muck it up by saying Hird should be bought back to the club in the future.

Why you would let the guy any closer than a state away mystify's me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, old dee said:

Not sure your first comment is true bb.

LT did say it was the Clubs fault not the players. I think that squarely says were the blame is apportioned.

He did then of course muck it up by saying Hird should be bought back to the club in the future.

Why you would let the guy any closer than a state away mystify's me.

Something of a Clayton's admission I'd say OD..  Whatever it was the players didn't do it :rolleyes:  We did it ( but we're not saying what ) :unsure: It might have been something naughty but then we don't know what we gave them :wacko:

"He remains, notwithstanding these events, one of the all-time greats of the club. I think in many respects it's unfortunate that the public focus has been so intently on him as the key person in all this, because the mistakes made were collective mistakes," Tanner said.
"This was a team failing," he added

Again let's continue with the fabrications.   This was not a team failing its was a club failing a team. Hird was the creator of this whole debacle and should be the focus. They were mistakes predominantly made by a few individuals who then endangered a team by causing them also to make  gross errors.

Essendon just don't want to own the truth

Edited by beelzebub

12 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Lingchi

We can only hope.

had to look that up....Dland is so educational :roos:

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

Gee MD that is a bit drastic

but only a 'Little' bit !! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i thought it must be lindsay's name in chinese

OH NO.......:unsure:

35 minutes ago, old dee said:

Gee MD that is a bit drastic

When you think of the experiments they performed on young men it is probably appropriate.

That is a Rohan Connolly fanboy article if I ever saw one!

Thought this was a bit rich: 'Perhaps when the CAS verdict is in, some might find themselves asking whether barracking for a rival's demise more fervently than for the success of your own team is the most enjoyable way of following a sport'.  He knows this how?  And, what a stupid BS comment to make!!  All fans want to see the opposition's demise eg 'the masses' went for the jugular when Dees were accused of 'tanking'.  Its just part of the being a one-eyed fan for your team. 

Then this:  'There's not a lot more Essendon can now do but make something of their future. And if all that still doesn't prove enough to appease the anguish of the masses, frankly, that will just be tough [censored]'. 

Seriously, if a commentator (he is no journalist) has to stoop so low to insult non EFC fans with comments like those to get some traction in his story then he should just give up the writing caper - clearly he has no original thoughts of his own!     
Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Oh he's shrewd alright. Ken Lay is no mug either... though he's got his fair share of hair-brain thinkings also.. Both well suited to the closeted think-group that is Essendon.

This again is all just calculated propaganda. Trying to set the tone for public acceptances etc. Essendon again wanting to move th goalposts to suit their rhetoric.

They still see themselves as victims. They still won't really take any responsibility for their actions. They still want to weasel their way out of due sanctions and penalties.

They are a cancer on this sport.

"gilding the lily" BB, these days known as "spin"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Thought this was a bit rich: 'Perhaps when the CAS verdict is in, some might find themselves asking whether barracking for a rival's demise more fervently than for the success of your own team is the most enjoyable way of following a sport'.  He knows this how?  And, what a stupid BS comment to make!!  All fans want to see the opposition's demise eg 'the masses' went for the jugular when Dees were accused of 'tanking'.  Its just part of the being a one-eyed fan for your team. 

Then this:  'There's not a lot more Essendon can now do but make something of their future. And if all that still doesn't prove enough to appease the anguish of the masses, frankly, that will just be tough [censored]'. 

Seriously, if a commentator (he is no journalist) has to stoop so low to insult non EFC fans with comments like those to get some traction in his story then he should just give up the writing caper - clearly he has no original thoughts of his own!     

Hey Connolly, hope you're stopping by here occasionally, as i'm sure you are, to look for someone else to write a story for you.

Here is some free news for you meathead. The miserable bunch of accused drug cheats that you are so fervently supporting, and posting propaganda for, are about to get their cum uppence, after the largest orchestrated, systematic performance enhancing drug program in the long history of Australian sport.

That they will surely be punished heavily, and that the players will likely sue the club, possibly out of its miserable existence, will just be tough [censored].

Get used to it blowhard, and get someone to teach you the difference between journalism, and fanboi tripe. Oh, and when you see some of the weaker types back your mob, they wont be speaking for me. I will be uncorking a bottle of MOET, while watching some of the recent replays of our mob dismantling yours.

E.A.D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Gee wiz the result must be coming out soon, it has been a media blitz by the fl gs today. They had the Ess high performance fella in the radio just before as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Gee wiz the result must be coming out soon, it has been a media blitz by the fl gs today. They had the Ess high performance fella in the radio just before as well.

Do they really think that CAS will be swayed by this sort of stuff?

The mind boggles.