Does Brayshaw play round 1?

Wrecker45

The only reason you are so upset with his selection is that you have been totally and utterly proven wrong. You waffled on about how he wasn't ready, wouldn't be selected, that his games (which you didn't see) were overrated at Casey...

And then Roos selected him to play over others. Must have hurt.

Nobody is wrong Wiseblood, because it is their opinion, I backed up my opinion, still do, hoping Brayshaw proves me totally and completely wrong.......

Edited by The Devil Inside

Hmmm keep dodging - will Brayshaw have more of an impact than Grimes would have, simple question

When was the last time Grimes had an impact on a game of AFL footy? Its been years

He hurts the team with his horrible disposal and decision making

So ill answer the question - yes Brayshaw is a better chance of making a positive impact the Grimes

Hmmm keep dodging - will Brayshaw have more of an impact than Grimes would have, simple question

At this stage, yes, I think he will. How often do we bemoan Grimes' disposal and decision making during games? Brayshaw certainly can't do any worse than what Grimes has brought to the table over the last few seasons.

At this stage, yes, I think he will. How often do we bemoan Grimes' disposal and decision making during games? Brayshaw certainly can't do any worse than what Grimes has brought to the table over the last few seasons.

I am not going to get involved in this argument But the belittlement of Grimes to try and prove a point is rather poor
  • Like 4

That's just not true though. I am no Grimes fan boy but he at least gets amongst the best players now and then. I bet you were glad he was playing in the moment captured below in my signature. He's played 86 games which counts for something, that's why he was handy in defense in that close win. The percentage play, in order to win the match, would be to select him over a zero-gamer. That's all I've ever said, and it can't be called 'wrong' it is basic logic.

edit: oh it's not there. I'm talking the adelaide win where his most notable effort was to textbook spoil dangerfield who would have certainly put the crows in front

Edited by Curry & Beer

You are not speaking for everybody, have you seen Brayshaw live in any form of the game?

I am not going to get involved in this argument But the belittlement of Grimes to try and prove a point is rather poor

If you go and check out the Grimes thread I was quiet supportive of him and felt that the captaincy and injuries have served to derail what was once a promising career for the club. I've always liked Grimes and felt that, in some cases, his poor form has been as much to do with the pressure placed on him as well as his own deficiencies.

That, however, does not change the fact that his output over the last few years has not been flash, and I would hardly call it 'belittlement' to bring it up. It's the truth. I was asked to comment on Brayshaw's influence on a game compared to Grimes, and I think Brayshaw certainly can't offer anything below what Grimes would have.

That's just not true though. I am no Grimes fan boy but he at least gets amongst the best players now and then. I bet you were glad he was playing in the moment captured below in my signature. He's played 86 games which counts for something, that's why he was handy in defense in that close win. The percentage play, in order to win the match, would be to select him over a zero-gamer. That's all I've ever said, and it can't be called 'wrong' it is basic logic.

edit: oh it's not there. I'm talking the adelaide win where his most notable effort was to textbook spoil dangerfield who would have certainly put the crows in front

So how come you aren't arguing the case for M. Jones, Bail, Michie or McKenzie? Why only Grimes?

Clearly Brayshaw, on form, is ahead of those guys and is selected based on that. We could also argue that Grimes and Brayshaw have different roles within the side, as I can't see Brayshaw playing on a HBF. So my initial mention of him getting a run ahead of Grimes was not the right comparison.

But we're missing the point here mate. We should be happy to see the kid get a run, as his form suggests that his selection is warranted, and we should be hoping that he has a positive impact on the game, which I think he will do.

• Like 2

Absolutely laughable comment from you Saty.

You didn't answer my question, have you seen Brayshaw live, if not what are you basing your opinion on that he will have a greater impact than Grimes?

And I would have Matt Jones on the bench with Vandenberg in the forward line instead of Kent

Nobody is wrong Wiseblood, because it is their opinion, I backed up my opinion, still do, hoping Brayshaw proves me totally and completely wrong.......

??

I hope Brayshaw plays with more coherence than this. Not that it would be too hard.

• Like 3

You select a team to beat an opponent.

GC are full of young energetic runners throughout the midfield and back line.

I felt we were short in that match up.

It has been proven that Brayshaw can read a game. He can go and get the ball as well as receive it.

He certainly has goal sense, and he doesn't mind a bit of Argy Bargy.

What part of football does grimes have that he doesn't?

Edited by Pig Dog
  • Like 1

The question is though what is the best of a not ideal situation; having underdone players in the line-up, or proven momentum killers.

I'd go the underdone option. Would rather we as a team start playing accountable football that will win games, and wait for the fitness to come. The unfit players will get fitter, the players with unacceptable disposal skills, at this point in time in their careers, will not change

• Like 1

And I would have Matt Jones on the bench with Vandenberg in the forward line instead of Kent

Fortunately you're not on the match committee though, and Roos has selected the best team at his disposal without rose coloured glasses on.
  • Like 2

??

I hope Brayshaw plays with more coherence than this. Not that it would be too hard.

It was meant to be funny, there is a lack of understanding of humour on here though

Any thread with TDI, C&B and little stuie is going to make for hard, uncomfortable and confusing reading..

Fine posting, all about other posters, and a bit of denigration thrown in, perfect Demonland post

Fortunately you're not on the match committee though, and Roos has selected the best team at his disposal without rose coloured glasses on.

No but I am entitled to my opinion, which is Kent is not in very good form from what I have observed, couldn't get near the ball last weekend, but Ross and match committee have made their decision, so I am cool with it, Brayshaw included

It's utterly pointless trying to make a comparison between Brayshaw and Grimes, as they were never competing for a position in the 22. Once Howe was selected it stamped Grimes' papers.

There are some players who can be named on the bench, such as Viney, JKH, Cross, Newton, Brayshaw, etc. as they form part of a midfield rotation. Grimes isn't one of them. If he's not considered best back 6 he doesn't make the team.

• Like 3

It's utterly pointless trying to make a comparison between Brayshaw and Grimes, as they were never competing for a position in the 22. Once Howe was selected it stamped Grimes' papers.

There are some players who can be named on the bench, such as Viney, JKH, Cross, Newton, Brayshaw, etc. as they form part of a midfield rotation. Grimes isn't one of them. If he's not considered best back 6 he doesn't make the team.

I would be surprised if Braysahw even rotates through the midfield, if he is the sub, they will sit him in the forward line

• Like 1

It was meant to be funny, there is a lack of understanding of humour on here though

Yeah, sure Saty, nothing to do with your slippery grasp on the English language.

Of course if it was 'meant to be funny' you'd be able to explain why but curiously you haven't bothered. Spell it out for us Saty so that all us dullards can have a good if belated laugh.

• Like 1

Few people in this thread better hope Brayshaw has a big impact tomorrow. [censored] snipers.

You actually said he would have "nil impact", so he doesn't need to do much to prove you wrong.

Don't go trying to change your story already Curry.

Exactly. If Brayshaw wasn't playing, I expect Michie would be.

Yeah, sure Saty, nothing to do with your slippery grasp on the English language.

Of course if it was 'meant to be funny' you'd be able to explain why but curiously you haven't bothered. Spell it out for us Saty so that all us dullards can have a good if belated laugh.

Anyway Dr Phil John, now you have analysed my grasp of the vernacular, I said no opinion is wrong and then said Brayshaw could prove my opinion wrong, bit too left field for you then?, ah well.

I was a bit bored with all the spouting about Brayshaw, I just hope he comes out and plays well, god help him if he doesn't, as we speak, along with Hogan, they are busy polishing their haloes as the latest saviours of this footy club

I don't think he has done enough to warrant a spot, the footy department disagrees and they have the final say, so will be cheering for him tomorrow, ready to see my opinion proved incorrect