Cats delist five

Schroder and Burbury will find their way to a new club.

We could do alot worse than signing either of them even if it is to provide depth.

I know from the few afl games I saw schroder play, he was used as a small forward rather than inside mid which he was drafted as. Obviously it is near impossible to slot into the Geelong midfield but he could add a bit of depth to both our small forward/mid stocks.

I think many Geelong supporters hadnt seen a lot of Schroeder but were basing their expectations on him winning the Liston.

To their own peril.

If anyone ever mentions the Liston and how they believe a certain player will be a gun based on winning it, I always reply:

"Paul Johnson won a Liston trophy." The conversation doesn't go much further after that.

• Like 1

We gave pick 17 for Bizzell which turned out to be James Kelly.

Who's laughing now.

Bizzell was a very good player for us and a cornerstone of our strong(er) sides of the mid 00s. Clearly Geelong were better off in the long term, but it was never intended to be a long term decision. I'm pretty comfortable with it.

• Like 3

We gave pick 17 for Bizzell which turned out to be James Kelly.

Who's laughing now.

And if we used pick 17 we would have picked Daniel Elstone 0 games pick 20 Hawthorn

• Like 1

If anyone ever mentions the Liston and how they believe a certain player will be a gun based on winning it, I always reply:

"Paul Johnson won a Liston trophy." The conversation doesn't go much further after that.

Don't forget delisted Shane Valenti... He also won that prestigious honour!!!!

The bottom teams get the top teams duds and the top teams get the bottom teams champs.

That's equalization at its worst, doesn't the AFL want an equal competition?

What the afl say they want to what the afl actually delivers are two different things.

If the afl wanted equalisation the MFC would have received a priority pick. They would restrict free agents from going to top 4 sides, etc etc etc